Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    For the same reason that Sneed is in the Horde & we have "Undead" rather than Forsaken or Scourge...this is made in part to appeal to casual fans, not really fans of Warcraft. I'm just amazed with Chilton showing up as part of the team that there wasn't at least some sort of push to keep this better tied to the story of the game.
    Trying to think why you would think Tom Chilton cares about lore when he wasn't related to lore and always sounded incompetent in interviews.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if there will be Amiibo integration with the mini figures. Buy mini figures in RL and scan for units in-game?

Skylanders flashback.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    nah dude
    thats like expecting a diablo 4 announcement today

a lot of people like clash of clans style games so i imagine a lot will like this even if it is a bit questionable in terms of actually making sense
    I mean, they've done more than one major announcement on the same day. I remember they announced 8.3 & a Hearthstone reveal on the same day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    For the same reason that Sneed is in the Horde & we have "Undead" rather than Forsaken or Scourge...this is made in part to appeal to casual fans, not really fans of Warcraft. I'm just amazed with Chilton showing up as part of the team that there wasn't at least some sort of push to keep this better tied to the story of the game.
    It seems like the lore is that it's a game people play inside of taverns, same as with Hearthstone. Hence they don't need to have "lore accurate" portrayal there. Imo it makes sense that in-lore a gnome would f.e. craft a Tirion minifigure to use for the game's alliance faction.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I mean, they've done more than one major announcement on the same day. I remember they announced 8.3 & a Hearthstone reveal on the same day.
    but today was literally "mobile game reveal" day

i think we get the second game as well

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That's just hopium at this moment. DF alr had it's major announcement. Today is the day of mobile game.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not watch the announcement, did they talk about unlocking rewards in WoW while playing this game ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    I did not watch the announcement, did they talk about unlocking rewards in WoW while playing this game ?
    Check front page re-cap.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    God i hope not

I have no intention of playing mobile games and I hope anyone who plays them enjoys this. I simply don't care and have no reason to get mad at this.

cypher weapons coming in 9.2.5
    almost like those should have been kinda obvious baseline additions

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    i think we get the second game as well
    Pretty sure it was cancelled and we are just getting Arclight rumble.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

1+ Year Old Account
    Cory Stocktons' game is cancelled aka the Pokemon GO Game.

Additional Mobile Games are in development for Warcraft. Unknown if the Second Game mentioned in the Quarterly Earnings will be showcased before the year ends. Doubtful.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Well this clearly is not for me but hey, more power to whoever enjoys this.

7+ Year Old Account
    that announcement trailer was agony

7+ Year Old Account
    Soooooo ..... let's hope for a new PTR build today, I guess?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    What the fuck is that thing?
    Clash of Clans clone.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Soooooo ..... let's hope for a new PTR build today, I guess?
    I mean we have no idea if the PTR Datamining encryption enforcement has been put into effect and we won't get anything until 9.2.5 launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Clash of Clans clone.
    More Clash Royale than Clash of Clans, at least Clash of Clans is actually a concept. But this is just goop.

Nihil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Clash of Clans clone.
    Actually it is not that type of game. It's based on tower defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I mean we have no idea if the PTR Datamining encryption enforcement has been put into effect and we won't get anything until 9.2.5 launches.
    Do we actually think 9.2.5 is done? As it is 9.2.5 would be the smallest numbered patch ever.

Typically if something is encrypted we know its encrypted. They don't encrypt entire builds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Actually it is not that type of game. It's based on tower defence.
    It's clash of clans with towers.

The only thing that bothers me is how similar the gameplay AND artstyle is to CoC.