Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Just realized, is this the first Alpha in a while that has the capital city implemented at launch? If I remember right, both capitals in BFA weren't finished (Zandalar first, cus its a raid) and it took a while for Oribos to show up.
    Well, since Alpha must be shorter, zones have to be more or less complete (even if they won't open for testing everything at once).

For sure in Legion Dalaran was second thing we got in Alpha (after DH starting zone), most Artifact/Order Hall started here after all. But in DF I have feeling that entering capital will be rather ending, not starting point for campaign (for mains, 'threads of fate' will for sure start here).

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    It’s not even lunchtime on the west coast lol.
    They usually announce their stuff at 1pm Eastern

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Well, since Alpha must be shorter, zones have to be more or less complete (even if they won't open for testing everything at once).

For sure in Legion Dalaran was second thing we got in Alpha (after DH starting zone), most Artifact/Order Hall started here after all. But in DF I have feeling that entering capital will be rather ending, not starting point for campaign (for mains, 'threads of fate' will for sure start here).
    I actually find the prospect of the Capital City being in the final leveling zone (apex/peak of the Dragon Isles) very interesting. Now, will we get a WoD style capital that we can fly to from our Garrison right away (obviously, DF wouldn’t be Garrison but just a FP to city). OR will we have to wait until late 60s and final zone to get to the capital city?

Quote Originally Posted by Thoreya View Post
    They usually announce their stuff at 1pm Eastern
    No, they don't. Blizzard announcing stuff the past 3 days at 1PM EST is not an indication that they "usually" announce stuff then.

Dracthyr blog was at 1pm eastern, as with most other posts other then the talents.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm running dangerously low on hopium, hopefully I'll get my fix soon.

Can confirm Dracthyr was 1 PM eastern. So there is some precedent, but if there is no blog and a shadowdropped alpha it would explain no announcements today.

Still, its very weird they aren't showing Visage Form or talents/Evoker.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweed010 View Post
    No, they don't. Blizzard announcing stuff the past 3 days at 1PM EST is not an indication that they "usually" announce stuff then.
    They've done that way before this week but alrighty!

10+ Year Old Account
    Alpha/Beta datamining usually happens late in the evening, even during the night for those who live in Europe at least

What are the chances we wont get alpha at all but just some videos of streamers showcasing some features?
    No one has actually said Alpha is releasing tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just want to remind people that when alpha does drop...very very few people besides streamers and "special" people get it. So don't go getting your knickers in a knot if you sit for hours refreshing every 2 seconds and you don't get it...it's not going anywhere.

Well Ion said we'd be getting Alpha soon, 2 months ago lol. I think we'll get the usual stuff.

If datamining begins today, I'd say it's about 3-6 hours from now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Just want to remind people that when alpha does drop...very very few people besides streamers and "special" people get it. So don't go getting your knickers in a knot if you sit for hours refreshing every 2 seconds and you don't get it...it's not going anywhere.
    Tbh I don't give a damn about getting into Alpha. Maybe closer to launch to test classes and get a small taste of the music and so on, but right now there's not much of a point unless you literally make money from checking it out (aka being a streamer).

I just want datamining.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    What are the chances we wont get alpha at all but just some videos of streamers showcasing some features?
    Did people not say that 14th is alpha?

Streamers, friends & family, and some randoms, yeah.

(As someone in the second camp, not gonna lie I keep checking my launcher)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

It really doesn't have to be shorter if they are planning a holiday release.

BFA Alpha was in February. Release was in August.
    The original Shadowlands release was October, and its Alpha started in April. And yeah, while Shadowlands did end up getting delayed a month, there was also Covid which impacted a hell of a lot.

There is only one real outlier and that was Legion. This isn't a particularly short Alpha/Beta period if a December release is planned, and I don't understand why it's being treated as one.

Now, if the November release rumor is true, then it would be a month shorter. Definitely shorter.
    Last edited by Ferlion; 2022-07-13 at 05:34 PM.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Honestly, I would laugh so hard if after ALL of the hopium/copium Blizzard was like, “Nah, only NDA Alpha. Going to wait for S4 to release before we do an official one.” Or, better yet, skip Alpha and go right to Beta (having an Alpha only for the content creators, etc.)

Now, while that “could” be awful (for us), imagine if we had an OVERLOAD of YouTube videos, Blizzard blogs and posts, etc. uploaded tomorrow showcasing all the cool stuff in Dragonflight. Maybe all the content creators/NDA people are making TONS of content to show off and talk to us about on their streams/websites?

By the way, don’t take anything I’m saying too seriously. I’m simply speculating based on a question someone above had. I fully expect an Alpha release tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    It really doesn't have to be shorter if they are planning a holiday release.

BFA Alpha was in February. Release was in August.
    The original Shadowlands release was October, and its Alpha started in April. And yeah, while Shadowlands did end up getting delayed a month, there was also Covid which impacted a hell of a lot.

There is only one real outlier and that was Legion. This isn't a particularly short Alpha/Beta period if a December release is planned, and I don't understand why it's being treated as one.
    it will probably release in november. Thats 5 months from now, as opposed to bfa's 7 months

Yeah, generally about a month between Alpha and Beta.

- - - Updated - - -

BFA was 6 and one week.

If it releases in November, like I said, we will definitely be getting a month shorter.

On the other hand, there should be way less mechanical stuff to test with straight up talents.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    "Shitty third world politics". Ah yes, people trying to both be treated fairly and get fair compensation is shitty third world politics... Sigh. I guess all we care about is CONSUME PRODUCT, huh? As another person said, I'd rather have more unions than an Alpha build.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    "Shitty third world politics". Ah yes, people trying to both be treated fairly and get fair compensation is shitty third world politics... Sigh. I guess all we care about is CONSUME PRODUCT, huh? As another person said, I'd rather have more unions than an Alpha build.
    People only care about human rights when they can use it to shit on Blizzard.