Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It means that you can't argue on one side that FOMO items incentivize gameplay, then also turn around and claim that FOMO items are trivial to new players who won't ever be able to earn them.
    To recap this, I gave two arguments: 1) it works like carrot on veteran players (not all of course), cause many will try some content while it's relevant; 2) it has minimal impact on fresh player, cause there are shit ton of cosmetics available. And you called these two opinions about two separate groups of people... cognitive dissonance.

Ok, this discussion is just a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    To recap this, I gave two arguments: 1) it works like carrot on veteran players (not all of course), cause many will try some content while it's relevant; 2) it has minimal impact on fresh player, cause there are shit ton of cosmetics available. And you called these two opinions about two separate groups of people... cognitive dissonance.

Ok, this discussion is just a waste.
    I'm sorry you couldn't grasp how contradictory it is to call something valuable on one hand but then devoid of value on the other.

I really doubt the exclusive items have much of an impact on new player retention, but in terms of pure emotional net gain, they probably generate more "well that's shitty" sentiment for the overall playerbase than they generate any sort of positive feeling. I have my fair share of things that are no longer obtainable, but they definitely don't tip the balance towards exclusive is good when compared to the many things I don't have.

Also did we ever get a likely use for all those new boot models? I just assumed it was some upcoming shoe day microholiday or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I think its safe to say that in Azeroths case, the name simply reached the planets inhabitants thanks to the titanforged and Elune.

For Argus, that could go either way.
    But since we know the Krokul had a way to commune with the world soul, they might got it from that.
    Ah, I had forgotten about the Krokul. Good point.

Just amused me the idea that the planet may take its name from the inhabitants and could've ended up with any ol' name. But the World Soul itself getting the name filtered down to its inhabitants (however that may happen) makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I really doubt the exclusive items have much of an impact on new player retention, but in terms of pure emotional net gain, they probably generate more "well that's shitty" sentiment for the overall playerbase than they generate any sort of positive feeling. I have my fair share of things that are no longer obtainable, but they definitely don't tip the balance towards exclusive is good when compared to the many things I don't have.

Also did we ever get a likely use for all those new boot models? I just assumed it was some upcoming shoe day microholiday or something.
    I really wonder how many more exclusive things people who played since the early WoW days need to pile up in their army of FOMO exclusive stuff. It's like having a vault full of stuff that can no longer be acquired for arbitrary reasons, and probably 90% of it you don't even use frequently at all, but you still will gatekeep it because you don't want others to play with your toys.

I say this as somebody who got CM armor, mounts and a few Mage Tower skins, who would like all of those to return for players that work to earn them.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really wonder how many more exclusive things people who played since the early WoW days need to pile up in their army of FOMO exclusive stuff. It's like having a vault full of stuff that can no longer be acquired for arbitrary reasons, and probably 90% of it you don't even use frequently at all, but you still will gatekeep it because you don't want others to play with your toys.

I say this as somebody who got CM armor, mounts and a few Mage Tower skins, who would like all of those to return for players that work to earn them.
    But than people would have to realize that in 90% of FOMO cases they didn't really had to "earn that stuff" - instead it was a "you played back than" or "you cleared naxx in tbc because you got bored with current raids lol and you didnt delete your stuff so good for you".

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    But than people would have to realize that in 90% of FOMO cases they didn't really had to "earn that stuff" - instead it was a "you played back than" or "you cleared naxx in tbc because you got bored with current raids lol and you didnt delete your stuff so good for you".
    Hey! I EARNED that Undercity bat by doing 4 quests in the BfA pre-patch!
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Pretty much. Challenge modes were no challenge at the end of MoP, Mage Towers were a goddamn faceroll joke at the end of Legion.

I uhh, did Breaker of the Black Harvest on a Warlock I had pretty much never played before a week or two before WoD launched. And let me tell you, I think Warlocks are a really cool class thematically, but I had and have no idea how to play them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much. Challenge modes were no challenge at the end of MoP, Mage Towers were a goddamn faceroll joke at the end of Legion.

I uhh, did Breaker of the Black Harvest on a Warlock I had pretty much never played before a week or two before WoD launched. And let me tell you, I think Warlocks are a really cool class thematically, but I had and have no idea how to play them.
    Atleast MoP CM's scaled your gear down, but yes, the SoO items with gem slots made it a lot easier, and you could farm them in lfr.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Atleast MoP CM's scaled your gear down, but yes, the SoO items with gem slots made it a lot easier, and you could farm them in lfr.
    Yeah, that's what I did. I only did CMs on my Paladin (Draenei) because it was the only set I cared about, really. That Draenei was an alt in that particular expansion and I only did LFR on it, and we still kinda rushed through it in one sitting? I mean, it was fun and I still enjoyed it, but it wasn't difficult, lol. If you bring it back and make it scale you down more strictly so gems and other stuff can't affect your power, it might arguably be more challenging than it was in MoP. Same goes for Mage Towers.

MoP was also notorious for having the most extreme scaling in the game. 5-6 people geared in HC SoO gear could easily do Heart of Fear for instance.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, this week I crossed another thing from wishlist, so overall:

1. Extend Chromie time to 1-60. - NOPE
    2. Skip to Oribos. - DONE
    3. 50-60 Heirlooms - these ones with bonus XP. - DONE (but without bonus, although seems like they are tuning Threads of Fate)
    4. Get rid of "betrayer" quest for Covenant - yes, that would in practice mean ripcord. - DONE (+ you can use all cosmetics)
    5. Option to buy Renown 40 for your alts. - DONE
    6. 100% drop rates for legendary recipes from heroic dungeons. - DONE
    7. Soul Ash droping from same sources as Legion legos. - NOPE (although trade off is option for infinite farm)
    8. Account wide Keymaster and related achievs. - NOPE
    9. Separate conduit energy for each spec. - DONE (completely removed)
    Beside that I would like to see improvements for Kyrian minigame on alts. This week we got Ember Court updates, so there is hope.

I’m surprised they haven’t added any additional Spirit Wolf forms besides the raptor, unless the idea is to not tread on the toes of druids too much as “the shapeshifter” class.

Would be nice if every race got a new form for it: gryphons and mini core hounds for Dwarves, something marine (seasnake?) for KT, hyenas for Vulpera, etc.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-09-09 at 10:41 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I’m surprised they haven’t added any additional Spirit Wolf forms besides the raptor, unless the idea is to not tread on the toes of druids too much as “the shapeshifter” class.

Would be nice if every race got a new form for it: gryphons and mini core hounds for Dwarves, something marine (seasnake?) for KT, etc.
    Why stop here, every class could have different animations for some spells on different races, I think it would be even better idea than "class skins".

Why stop here, every class could have different animations for some spells on different races, I think it would be even better idea than "class skins".
    That would be cool, but monumentally more work than making blue ghost tints for existing animals.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    That would be cool, but monumentally more work than making blue ghost tints for existing animals.
    Step by step, more customizations is something we should expect in every X.X.5 patch. WoW community screams a lot, but is shitty with expressing reasonable expectations what exactly we should expect from patches.

Really curious if they'll manage to add in more customization for one more Alliance allied race in 9.1.5

They got Lightforged and Nightborne and now Highmountain with a pretty nice and wide selection of customization options. Inb4 "Void Elves are on par with those." Lol.

Really curious if they'll manage to add in more customization for one more Alliance allied race in 9.1.5

They got Lightforged and Nightborne and now Highmountain with a pretty nice and wide selection of customization options. Inb4 "Void Elves are on par with those." Lol.
    Inb4 increased mechagnome customization.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    I imagine it will happen at some point.
    Hopefully an option to go full mechanical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    I kind of hope so! The main thing stopping me from swapping my Gnome Hunter to Mechagnome is the lack of spike hawk hairstyles for Mechagnomes.