10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Considering this got leaked at all, and there are basically no other story leaks, its probably a sign internally for people to start kicking up shit and get it changed.
    Well, there have been lots of story leaks thus far as concerns Dragonflight's ongoing story, from the return of Sabellian/Sablemane to the general story beats of each of the Alpha zones. I'd say this is one of the more important nuggets, though; and I'm all for open criticism of it as it stands. I'd just hazard caution before picking up the torches and pitchforks, though; as the Alpha/Beta story is always subject to alteration without warning. Kind of like how Taran Zhu died during the Dread Wastes leveling content in the MoP Beta, which obviously isn't what happens at all in the Live version.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well, there have been lots of story leaks thus far as concerns Dragonflight's ongoing story, from the return of Sabellian/Sablemane to the general story beats of each of the Alpha zones.
    AFAIK, this is the first leak we have of post-Raid content. The quest storyline ends with the Vault opening, so unless the max-level campaign takes place during the raid this is our first real leak of what should be encrypted content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume this narrative decision is based on everyone on social media loving ickle wittle Ysera and not really caring about Malfurion. I haven't heard anyone talk about him for years until he's now "dying".
    Because they don't use him...minus during the war of Thorns for a short period then dropping him fast. Then supposedly offing him 2 years later? IMO its a waste of a character.

Characters deaths can definitely punctuate the dramatic potency of a specific narrative development. The icing on the cake, as it were. But there's so much that goes into make that death matter - a "cake" that is entirely icing is not a cake at all.
    And I would say just offing a random character for no reason other than shock value is a waste. Note I'm not part of the "WOE is us"/ "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE THEY HATE US NELF FANS" crowd. I just don't see a point in wasting characters not that its NEVER happened before.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    AFAIK, this is the first leak we have of post-Raid content. The quest storyline ends with the Vault opening, so unless the max-level campaign takes place during the raid this is our first real leak of what should be encrypted content.
    Which, in my view, also makes this reveal a bit more sketchy than the rest.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

On an arguably more interesting note, the Decay Gnoll dungeon boss pulls a Xymok and runs away from her fight. Heavy implications that Decay will be the theme of a future patch and may tie into whatever was going on with Galakrond turning gross and Death-y.

https://twitter.com/portergauge/stat...PxwQlPZamMASyA

Also, if there is a Decay patch, that may be why we need Ysera back: it could take place in the Dream and they wanted a dragon character to be the main guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Lol RiP Bozo! Did fuck all since Cata.
    Better then randomly offed but........still kinda a waste.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, if there is a Decay patch, that may be why we need Ysera back: it could take place in the Dream and they wanted a dragon character to be the main guide.
    Well... I mean there has to be some kind of reason why they bring her back. Can't just be fan service because no one is asking for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are there any new ability/spell ranks in the spellbook for 60-70? Or is it pretty much a 'the talent points are the reward' kinda deal this expansion?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Are there any new ability/spell ranks in the spellbook for 60-70? Or is it pretty much a 'the talent points are the reward' kinda deal this expansion?
    The talent system should be replacing that entirely. Past level 10, you mostly only get out of combat utility stuff like buffs or rezzes from leveling directly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I would much rather see Merithra become Aspect in Ysera's stead, as Kalecgos did when Malygos was killed. Not only would I prefer Malfurion not to be stuffed in the proverbial cooler, but having Ysera snap back to life also cheapens her death in Legion even more than her continued existence in Ardenweald did.

My optimistic hope here is that this turn in the story is placeholder Alpha plot stuff that will get revised in Live. We'll see, I suppose.
    I agree about Ysera and Meritha.

Ysera might have appeared in some form to her daughter in the Emerald Dream, thus making the Dream a sort of link between Andervald and Azeroth.

She basically remained dead in Azeroth but a presence in the Emerald Dream. So in that way the story mortifies both Ysera death and her daughter's life (even if by now we dotn know whats happen to her and why Tyrande call back Ysera).

About Malfurion, poor fellow never really had a role in this game... will we notice its absence?
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Looks like Tinker has finally been fully incorporated into the engineering profession, Sorry to the guys who wanted it.

Credit to Soulsobreezy for the image.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Looks like Tinker has finally been fully incorporated into the engineering profession, Sorry to the guys who wanted it.

https://i.imgur.com/MlScB6S.png

Tinkers have been a part of Engineering for a long time now, with items like the rocket boosters or goblin hang glider you can apply to certain pieces. Don't know if that necessarily supplants the proposed Tinker class, though.

10+ Year Old Account

Eh, I woudn't say that incorporates the Tinker concept.

Keep in mind, we know Dark Rangers were incorporated into Hunters because the Hunter class got specific Dark Ranger items, and abilities like Black Arrow, and Wailing Arrow, and because Dark Rangers themselves were considered Hunters.

In this case, Engineering is still missing specific abilities associated with the concept, like Rock-it turret, Deth Lazor, and Robo Goblin. Also, the image you linked above appears more along the lines of the verb Tinker as opposed to the noun.

As I stated before, if there is a technology-based class, it won't be called Tinker. It'd probably be called something along the lines of Mechanic or Machinist, and incorporate races beyond just Goblins and Gnomes.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm curious to see how this turns out. If done right, this could be the start of a way to incorporate profession-based subclasses into the game. Imagine a Warrior that could drop turrets via Engineering or have an auto healer going via an Alchemical auto-potion. Perhaps a Mage who can boost their spells by inscribing certain words of power into their incantations or is able to set their spells to explode whenever by putting them into Gems that can burst at the press of a button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Yall would do anything for a Tinker class huh?
    It's less needed than it used to be (thanks to the DE), but there's still open design space for it. We have rather extensive technology themes in the game, and no class that reflects those themes or support the races that use that theme.

Engineering enchants have been called tinkers since Cataclysm where we also had the cogwheel system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    I agree about Ysera and Meritha.

Ysera might have appeared in some form to her daughter in the Emerald Dream, thus making the Dream a sort of link between Andervald and Azeroth.

She basically remained dead in Azeroth but a presence in the Emerald Dream. So in that way the story mortifies both Ysera death and her daughter's life (even if by now we dotn know whats happen to her and why Tyrande call back Ysera).

About Malfurion, poor fellow never really had a role in this game... will we notice its absence?
    They did not know how to use Malfurion. He was supposed to be super powerful but they were afraid to make proper use of him. The wisp wall he erected was definitely amazing (and if the Night Elves and the Alliance had not been hit by the idiot bat in order for the War of Thorns to work, someone would have turned Sylvanas into a pincushion as she was struggling and barely could contain the wall so her forces could pass through). In Cata Azshara herself attacked Darkshore so as to distract Malfurion in order for Ragnaros and Deathwing to attack Hyjal.

Malfurion was simply in a league of his own. The solution was not to depower him but to simply give the Horde people who could be his equals. Thrall could before they decided to retire him, Sylvanas could have naturally been developed to that level, the blood elves should have had at least one magister that was close to Azshara's (and thus Malfurion's) level and the trolls absolutely can produce someone of that skill (Vol'jin is likely heading there).

AS for Merithra it's a shame to have her running to mother. Her quests in BfA were solid and she was on her way to become an aspect just like Kalecgos did, just like Wrathion will try. Instead she is being replaced by an established character who has had a proper arc that finished properly.

Tinker is a verb. The class is called Tinkerer. A Tinkerer tinkers, but the fact that an engineer also tinkers doesn't mean that a Tinkerer cannot exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Tinker is a verb. The class is called Tinkerer. A Tinkerer tinkers, but the fact that an engineer also tinkers doesn't mean that a Tinkerer cannot exist.
    Unit in Warcraft 3 was Tinker, however.

And now I've seen the word Tinker enough times it looks strange to me. Tinker. heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Unit in Warcraft 3 was Tinker, however.

And now I've seen the word Tinker enough times it looks strange to me. Tinker. heh.
    Hm, you are right. Blizzard seems inconsistent on this. If you search Tinker or Tinkerer on Wowpedia, you'll get a bunch of hits on both.