10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, politics is far simpler than math...

When they closed down the worthless mine... The plaque said... ‘here lies a big big man... big bad John...’ the plaque didn’t say... ‘send money to coal barons’...

Politics is simple...
    Youngster explains why Democrats are mean. They wont let him eat chicken tenders seven days a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Well you haven't actually had an argument against me outside smearing me and my position. As proof below, but please continue.
    It's not smearing when it's true fyi

Also, I have been providing you with arguments, you're just ignoring them like a coward and focusing on your victim complex.

How about you address Sanders calling the relief bill the most progressive aid package since at least FDR, or the fact that it will massively benefit lower income families over the coming years?

If it's good enough for Progressive darling Bernie Sanders, why can't you at least admit it's a good start for being less than two months into the new Administration?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Alright, so you added more, let's take a look!

Trump and the GOP got more actual money in the hands of Americans: Alright, are we talking about the combined $2,600? Is money directly in the hands of people the only measurement for success? What about longer term changes that are focused on helping the lowest income Americans? Those don't count because they're not immediate and will have longer term effects? Is it all just about the cash money in your hand right now? What about the additional unemployment extensions? Does that not count as cash-money?
    People believe what they can see and what they can spend. A tax credit means nothing to those who can't use it, as is the same with Cobra and unemployment benefits. Our elected officials failed in 2020, I mean that full stop. They are still failing us in 2021, and I don't care their political affiliation. I care about results, and the result of the aid policy will still leave millions without aid who desperately need it but they were also promised it.

Milions of folks will receive no aide: Most of those are folks earning well over $100K, and while that's based on last years filing status I'd rather focus on folks who are living in poverty over folks who are makin $100K+ a year and are likely able to do much of their work remotely (like me! Though I wish I made that much).
    No they cut the aid further back then 100k, and it is also based on 2019 tax data. Gee I wonder what could have happened in 2020 that would result in someone's earned income being cut in half or worse?
    Meanwhile, ignores that Republicans stonewalled the second stimulus until after the first round's protections expired, only eventually acting because of Democratic and public pressure.
    Oh here we go again, firstly I did add no republican vote for it, and yet Democrats still caved. Odd that. Sorry the GOP is Too Far Gone, and has been evident for decades. They also don't hide any illusions that they won't vote for spending. Democrats pretend to care, but then hand out peanuts, and you all want me to praise them for their efforts. Sorry won't happen.

Ohh look a huge line by line break down of everything I got wrong from your perspective. Glad to see you continue to harassment of me and my "Trump Energy". How many more ways to you want to lie about my own stance and what I actual stand for ?

Just remember so far Trump and the GOP got more actual money into the hand of Americans then Biden and the Democrats current plan. We know millions of people will receive no aid from democrats but they did get aid from Trump. So don't make me out to be the bad guy when you are do nothing but defend them for doing so.
    The math just does not compute unless of course you have to count two bills vs one.

Even take a look at the first 2 trillion dollar bill vs the 1.9 trillion dollar bill

What about the millions of people that will be getting child tax credits that they didn't get under Trumps bill? That's 1600 dollars more for how many millions of families/kids?

What about the expanded subsidy for ACA?
    What about the expanded subsidy for Cobra?
    What about the 20 million who get to keep their unemployment $ and not get taxed?
    What about the 50% increase in child care deductions?
    What about the direct funding of failing pension plans for millions of people who would have lost a lot of that money?

etc etc

Hell this bill gave 0 to corporations and the first one gave 500 billion. Not to mention the total mess the PPP was.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It's not smearing when it's true fyi

Also, I have been providing you with arguments, you're just ignoring them like a coward and focusing on your victim complex.

How about you address Sanders calling the relief bill the most progressive aid package since at least FDR, or the fact that it will massively benefit lower income families over the coming years?

If it's good enough for Progressive darling Bernie Sanders, why can't you at least admit it's a good start for being less than two months into the new Administration?
    No you've done nothing but attack me in every thing you post. Then you get upset and say I have a victim complex for calling you out on your harassment.

I look more at Bernie Forcing the Vote for $15 and him showing just what liars the DNC continue to be. How they abandoned their promise by an un-elected position that doesn't actually hold any power and that Biden and Kamala could have just ignored. Yet they needed an excuse and they got one. Yet from the lot of you, (not a damn word), but praise.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they cut the aid further back then 100k, and it is also based on 2019 tax data. Gee I wonder what could have happened in 2020 that would result in someone's earned income being cut in half or worse?
    You've been watching too much Newsmax if you think the aid is based on your salary in 2019, and not 2020 and current employment.
    It's based on your most recent tax filing, meaning you can easily have 2020's statements in before the stimulus cheques go out.

....and you all want me to praise them for their efforts. Sorry won't happen.
    We just want you to stop either being willfully misinformed, or lying about what is currently happening.

Seriously, this isn't hard, all the information is out there.

People believe what they can see and what they can spend. A tax credit means nothing to those who can't use it, as is the same with Cobra and unemployment benefits. Our elected officials failed in 2020, I mean that full stop. They are still failing us in 2021, and I don't care their political affiliation. I care about results, and the result of the aid policy will still leave millions without aid who desperately need it but they were also promised it.
    I don't think everyone has the same measure of "success" as you do, and a great many of us see the bigger long term changes like the child tax credit as being far more meaningful and worth far more than a on-time $2K check. Like, a helluva lot more.

You're right, $75K for single filers, $150K for joint filers. I still don't meet that single filer cap, but do we have much data on how much folks earning $75-150K+ a year are making now and how impactful those checks would be for them vs. people in the bottom few quintiles? I mean, I fall under the "Below $75K" threshhold and like, my checks probably getting donated again.

Oh here we go again, firstly I did add no republican vote for it, and yet Democrats still caved.
    Because the Democratic caucus is a big tent, not a hivemind. We've known about the moderate/conservative Democrats, especially folks like Manchin, since well before Biden came into office and have been talking extensively about how those moderate/conservative Democrats would make passing more progressive legislation challenging. This was a known quantity dude, this isn't something new or different. It's the consequence of being a big-tent party, for better or worse.

They also don't hide any illusions that they won't vote for spending.
    Which is why I'm so confused by people who are upset by the failure of the $15/h amendment saying they'll never support Democrats again or that they'll support Republicans instead (not specifically you). It seems weird to be mad that Democrats didn't spend enough and then vote for the party that doesn't wan to spend anything /shrugemoji

Democrats pretend to care, but then hand out peanuts, and you all want me to praise them for their efforts. Sorry won't happen.
    Is $1.9T in combined stimulus/aide "peanuts"? I thought that was quite a large sum of money.

Millions of children raised out of poverty, dependents getting stimulus bills for first time, trumplicans are just terrible people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Millions of children raised out of poverty, dependents getting stimulus bills for first time, trumplicans are just terrible people.
    I wonder how the minimum wage and/or relief bill votes would go, if it was late 2020 and not early 2021. I wonder how many Republicans would vote "yes" to either if they knew they'd be held accountable.

You've been watching too much Newsmax if you think the aid is based on your salary in 2019, and not 2020 and current employment.
    It's based on your most recent tax filing, meaning you can easily have 2020's statements in before the stimulus cheques go out.
    Eyyyyy, that should mean that folks who were making good money in 2019 but lost jobs in 2020 will be eligible! Now the IRS just needs to blanket extend the deadline to make sure folks have time to get their 2020 taxes in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Youngster explains why Democrats are mean. They wont let him eat chicken tenders seven days a week.

[video=youtube;DUQDura0cfk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUQDura0cfk[/]
    I wonder if this is the same Connal that used to post here. It'd explain a lot...

sorry but how could you not use Cobra?
    Unemployment?

Even if your cobra ran out (18 months yet?) you then qualify for ACA and its subsidies and/or Medicaid. If you lost your job at that point you'd basically have zero income thus get insurance for $0.00.

BTW the tax credit....is refundable with Zero income floor under the plan

You know what that means right?

So how would it "means nothing to those who can't use it"?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    The math just does not compute unless of course you have to count two bills vs one.

Even take a look at the first 2 trillion dollar bill vs the 1.9 trillion dollar bill

What about the millions of people that will be getting child tax credits that they didn't get under Trumps bill? That's 1600 dollars more for how many millions of families/kids?

What about the expanded subsidy for ACA?
    What about the expanded subsidy for Cobra?
    What about the 20 million who get to keep their unemployment $ and not get taxed?
    What about the 50% increase in child care deductions?
    What about the direct funding of failing pension plans for millions of people who would have lost a lot of that money?

etc etc

Hell this bill gave 0 to corporations and the first one gave 500 billion. Not to mention the total mess the PPP was.
    I never stated there was nothing good in the bill. There was good things in the previous bills. Doesn't mean that on the merits they fell way short of what is needed, as is still true with the current bill. A tax credit does dick all for millions of people, and so it won't matter to them. The ACA and Cobra subsidies actually goes to giving corporations billions of dollars. Unless you think our health care Insurance companies aren't corporations?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eyyyyy, that should mean that folks who were making good money in 2019 but lost jobs in 2020 will be eligible! Now the IRS just needs to blanket extend the deadline to make sure folks have time to get their 2020 taxes in.
    I mean, tax season deadline is in just over a month, and most people should have already gotten their W-2s weeks ago (I know I did). Like, if people don't wait until the last minute to file their taxes they've had plenty of time ._.

We just want you to stop either being willfully misinformed, or lying about what is currently happening.

Seriously, this isn't hard, all the information is out there.
    Again with your smears. I have never watch news max outside clips of people shiting on News Max. How about you be less feckless in your replies? I Know that is asking for a lot.

You painting me as misinformed is insulting, and again you provide no evidence of if other then *trust me dude*.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again with your smears. I have never watch news max outside clips of people shiting on News Max. How about you be less feckless in your replies? I Know that is asking for a lot.

You painting me as misinformed is insulting, and again you provide no evidence of if other then *trust me dude*.
    I literally provided you a link with all the information written down.

You're obviously struggling hard here buddy. Maybe take a break, and come back when your victim complex isn't clouding your vision...

A tax credit does dick all for millions of people, and so it won't matter to them.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/09/demo...id-relief.html

The Democrats’ new proposal would increase the credit amount by $1,000 ($1,600 for those with children under 6) and allow taxpayers to receive the full amount as a refund. Additionally, the plan would make the credit payable in monthly installments of $250 and $300, respectively, rather than just once a year. The payments would start to phase out for individuals earning more than $75,000 a year or $150,000 for those married filing jointly.
    Knowing what's in the bill helps. The tax credit can be doled out monthly to the most needy families.

I never stated there was nothing good in the bill. There was good things in the previous bills. Doesn't mean that on the merits they fell way short of what is needed, as is still true with the current bill. A tax credit does dick all for millions of people, and so it won't matter to them. The ACA and Cobra subsidies actually goes to giving corporations billions of dollars. Unless you think our health care Insurance companies aren't corporations?
    So i guess you don't know what refundable tax credits mean....

Tax credits never apply to everyone. None of the bills are unique in that way.
    Child tax credits will apply to everyone whom has a child under the threshold.

The ACA and Cobra subsidies actually goes to giving corporations billions of dollars. Unless you think our health care Insurance companies aren't corporations?
    Well shit then the 1400 dollars is just one huge corporate bailout since almost all that money will go to corporations anyway, you know when you buy food, clothes, pay mortgages, etc etc.

What kind of silly logic is that?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I literally provided you a link with all the information written down.

You're obviously struggling hard here buddy. Maybe take a break, and come back when your victim complex isn't clouding your vision...
    You mean I didn't want to read the bias opinion of Forbes magaize after you claimed I watch too much News Max with nothing but your feelers? Odd how that works out.

Odd seeing how it didn't even go into detail that if you had received $600 previously you might not get a dime with the next bill. So even your links aren't fully clear on providing all the facts.

Yeah, I'll take a break, come back and the first reply with be on par with your first reply to me my post. I expect nothing less from this forum.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/09/demo...id-relief.html

Knowing what's in the bill helps. The tax credit can be doled out monthly to the most needy families.
    Knowing how Tax Credit actually works and admitting to it's own limitation of providing aid to those who need it would be a good start. I'm not saying it won't help people, but like with the failure of the ACA it will leave millions to fall through the cracks.

Odd seeing how it didn't even go into detail that if you had received $600 previously you might not get a dime with the next bill. So even your links aren't fully clear on providing all the facts.
    Under what conditions would this happen?