Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The oldest interstate is 65. The Pennsylvania Turnpike is 80. The entire city I live in is less than 100.
    Even if you were right, here's a thought the entire US infrastructure isn't build around your satisfaction so your " I am fine fuck everyone else motto" is irrelevant to the quality of life of millions of people not named you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Thus enabling the administration to point out that said evictions are SCOTUS' fault. This is the passive aggressive version of the bully pulpit - so it's not a bad strategy.
    It would be if Biden was willing to do anything about SCOTUS, he doesn't have the spine to push Joe Manchin let alone change the courts.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    But that only buys them time the right wing supreme court will shut that down and I doubt congress will act in time given republicans are against it and Joe Karadshian Manchin will back them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Thus enabling the administration to point out that said evictions are SCOTUS' fault. This is the passive aggressive version of the bully pulpit - so it's not a bad strategy.
    It will also take time for the SCOTUS to take up the case and rule on it, which is at least a little extra time for those affected. In the article it suggests most constitutional scholars felt it was fine, though I understand that doesn't mean anything given several of the sitting SCOTUS members.

With three kids, taxes are not exactly high.
    Like I said insurance policies eat up a lot of the paycheck. Your tax exemptions aren't relevant. Your claim of making $40k/yr seems to be just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    It will also take time for the SCOTUS to take up the case and rule on it, which is at least a little extra time for those affected. In the article it suggests most constitutional scholars felt it was fine, though I understand that doesn't mean anything given several of the sitting SCOTUS members.
    Yeah hopefully those affected find new homes or someway not to end up in the street because congress is not going to help.

Which is not the case here.
    it is entirety the case here, libertarian's can't win people over telling them the truth about their point of view which is; "fuck you I got mine, plz do me a favor and die in a ditch sooner than later." Which is why you have to make the argument about how no actually it's your fault you're in the position you're in regardless of the circumstances such as a global pandemic and the economy collapse that was caused because of it. we already know you hate the idea of people having access to services that keep them from being out on the street. which is stupid if you have any intention of maintaining the economy we currently have going. it should be your top priority to give the people who power your economy the ability to participate in said economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    No questions from you on why democrats and republicans spent millions on a democrat safe seat to make sure a progressive didn’t win when they typically ignore these races?
    Because there's a schism in both parties dude, and both sides of each party are duking it out.

I had no dog in the OH race until recently, actually. Both seemed fine candidates, and I was happy not to take Nina Turner's shitty all over Biden and Democrats too seriously since she was doing her job as a progressive attack dog.

But then she decided to attack Clyburn...during the campaign...causing Clyburn to instantly wade into the race and cut an ad/endorse Brown. If that's the kind of political thinking Turner would have brought to the House, Democrats are very much better off with Brown in that seat.

This is why I continue to be kinda skeptical of the louder progressive wing, they make a lot of REALLY dumb moves like Turner thinking it was a good idea to attack Clyburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But then she decided to attack Clyburn...during the campaign...causing Clyburn to instantly wade into the race and cut an ad/endorse Brown. If that's the kind of political thinking Turner would have brought to the House, Democrats are very much better off with Brown in that seat. .
    All I could think at that was just how stupid a move that was.

Because there's a schism in both parties dude, and both sides of each party are duking it out.

I had no dog in the OH race until recently, actually. Both seemed fine candidates, and I was happy not to take Nina Turner's shitty all over Biden and Democrats too seriously since she was doing her job as a progressive attack dog.

But then she decided to attack Clyburn...during the campaign...causing Clyburn to instantly wade into the race and cut an ad/endorse Brown. If that's the kind of political thinking Turner would have brought to the House, Democrats are very much better off with Brown in that seat.

This is why I continue to be kinda skeptical of the louder progressive wing, they make a lot of REALLY dumb moves like Turner thinking it was a good idea to attack Clyburn.
    her consession speech was awful 'evil money' bit rich from someone who took cash from Bassam Khawam. Bit hard to get elected if you spend all of your time flaming the party you are running for and not voting for them in 2016 lol.

She didn't attack Clyburn it was Mike who said he didn't get a good deal when all we got was a holiday but no substantive progress on voting rights. and Clyburn himself was like he didn't actually look too much into her but didn't like what Mike said and so backed another.

Notice how what a fucking infantile child Clyburn is that he admits ignorance, but then decides to throw weight in the race because his fee fees got hurt.

This race also suffered from low voter turnout. Clyburn is a problem.. he gets this huge positive image when he's against reparations, against the idea that we needed a black woman on SCOTUS, and a lot of his past positions are just completely at odds with what's popular among democrats.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    her consession speech was awful 'evil money' bit rich from someone who took cash from Bassam Khawam. Bit hard to get elected if you spend all of your time flaming the party you are running for and not voting for them in 2016 lol.
    Far right wing Israeli group gave money to the other democrat who posted their quotes in an effort to get their attention...
    Last edited by Themius; 2021-08-04 at 04:39 PM.

She didn't attack Clyburn it was Mike who said he didn't get a good deal when all we got was a holiday but no substantive progress on voting rights. and Clyburn himself was like he didn't actually look too much into her but didn't like what Mike said and so backed another.

Notice how what a fucking infantile child Clyburn is that he admits ignorance, but then decides to throw weight in the race because his fee fees got hurt.
    https://twitter.com/NovusDivus/statu...65067911761921

To which she was neither silent about, and didn't oppose his comments. This is what happens when you hang around popular folks who know how to play to their audience, but don't know how to play to an audience of voters and the nation (like it or not, this was a heavily nationalized election by both the progressive and establishment wings of the party).

Picking your company matters in politics. We've known this for ages. Turner had the opening to push back, or simply remain silent instead of her supportive, "You gonna talk about it." while nodding her head. Considering she was already facing huge criticisms for her attacks on other Democrats, maybe not the wisest choice.

But hey, Biden got his preferred candidate in there and he can think unforced errors from the Turner camp for their help with that. I hope that the progressive wing continues to mature and learn how to play the current political game better so that they can continue to gain power and influence. Because this ain't it.

https://twitter.com/NovusDivus/statu...65067911761921

To which she was neither silent about, and didn't oppose his comments. This is what happens when you hang around popular folks who know how to play to their audience, but don't know how to play to an audience of voters and the nation (like it or not, this was a heavily nationalized election by both the progressive and establishment wings of the party).

Picking your company matters in politics. We've known this for ages. Turner had the opening to push back, or simply remain silent instead of her supportive, "You gonna talk about it." while nodding her head. Considering she was already facing huge criticisms for her attacks on other Democrats, maybe not the wisest choice.

But hey, Biden got his preferred candidate in there and he can think unforced errors from the Turner camp for their help with that. I hope that the progressive wing continues to mature and learn how to play the current political game better so that they can continue to gain power and influence. Because this ain't it.
    The message here about democrats is not unpopular among voters... which is why anti-corruption is extremely popular among democrats especially but also popular under republicans as well when it comes to anti-corruption spending laws and such. That message she gave is not antithetical to voters, but instead it is to established politicians who immediately went on the attack. She was being attacked with fucking ads claiming she was against the progressive platform which is just an outright lie.

And huge criticisms by whom? Voters I think either didn't care that much (17% turnout) or didn't follow it and just heard things on the edges and voted with assumptions. EG: "This person likes this person so I'll vote for them" without actually looking into the issue deeper. I reckon if people did they would have supported Nina's message.

There is this weird idea here where you can't criticise democrats because they're democrats... meanwhile when you speak to voters themselves one on one they often agree far more with the new progressives versus the old establishment.

Now what would you have recommended? Because what I see from this post is that she should have been silent or walked it back... even though the issue brought up was a very very real issue.

The race was decided in my mind by money and that's pretty much it.

Nearing the end of this race you had a large influx of millions from establishment democrats and far right conservative groups backing Brown who was essentially unknown a month ago among a race with over a dozen people with only one being the forerunner.

Honestly the only reason we have progressives in the house is because establishment democrats in just about every single one of those races didn't get involved and assumed them safe, and largely ignored them. They didn't ignore this one though... if it had gone ignored by them then perhaps she would have won.

Howse, who endorsed Turner, said an "anyone but Turner" mindset in Washington, D.C. infected the race because they view her as someone who could disrupt the status quo. To move forward after Tuesday, she said, Democrats must create a space for healing and focus on working together — regardless of who wins the primary.
    Yet amazingly people here especially Milch will claim all this division and bad fighting is coming from the progressives... never mind that already established democrats sought to smear, lie, and take money from opposition to stop her. Apparently that isn't sowing division.

One other flaw with your logic I see here is that a lot of the progressives that have won, have done so on a platform about attacking and taking down the norm. If you tone that down you risk leading voters to believe that the person they elect won't be a fighter for changes and then won't vote for them. Cori was elected because of her fight, and probably now people are unhappy with her after she proved Joe Biden and his press secretary liars or at the very best... benders of truth.

To review:

House rushes to consider eviction moratorium because the WH says its hands were tied.

@CoriBush
    protests for days. Joined by
    @AOC
    etc

White House does what it said it couldn’t do

one of the better examples of a rank and file member absolutely changing a debate
    ~https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/stat...101968387?s=20
    Last edited by Themius; 2021-08-04 at 05:09 PM.

As a bernie fan, I'll happily fight anyone who wants to fight against him, but idgaf about left wing grifter Nina Turner. I remember her bowl of shit comment trying to get trump elected. Low voter turnout, I guess people decided not to eat the half bowl of shit that was Nina Turner.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    As a bernie fan, I'll happily fight anyone who wants to fight against him, but idgaf about left wing grifter Nina Turner. I remember her bowl of shit comment trying to get trump elected. Low voter turnout, I guess people decided not to eat the half bowl of shit that was Nina Turner.
    Lol wtf did you read Palmer report like it’s fact?

She tried to get trump elected? What a ducking bogus thing to say.

Lol wtf did you read Palmer report like it’s fact?

She tried to get trump elected? What a ducking bogus thing to say.
    No I read what nina turner said herself. I mean unless you are saying She's full of shit, yeah she is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminder the current usage of "rigged" started with Turner in 2016. Then was coopted by Bannon and Trump...

Now the horseshoe is completing itself.

I'm surfing on TYT tears today.

No I read what nina turner said herself. I mean unless you are saying She's full of shit, yeah she is.
    Let's follow this logic.

"Nina Turner, surrogate for Bernie Sanders tried to get Trump elected by calling Trump a bowl of shit"

Do you see how stupid this line of thought is?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Reminder the current usage of "rigged" started with Turner in 2016. Then was coopted by Bannon and Trump...

Now the horseshoe is completing itself.

Explain how this is a "good" thing? What is Brown's record that's so good that you're happy about brown? You just have some weird fucking hate boner for Bernie Sanders.

I suppose you

oppose Cori Bush exposing Biden's administration for liars and getting the eviction moratorium extended through the CDC after Biden's Administration said no such thing could happen because they couldn't use the CDC and it had to be congress

Let's follow this logic.

"Nina Turner, surrogate for Bernie Sanders tried to get Trump elected by calling Trump a bowl of shit"

Do you see how stupid this line of thought is?

What Nina Turner did was called disenfranchisment. Everyone with a 3 digit IQ knows disenfranchising voters will lead to republican wins, it's why it's the entire fkn strategy of the GOP. This isn't even complicated bro. Not sorry your grifter lost.

I think your giant hate boner has clouded the biggest problem with that race which is the low turn out. The combination of Jim Crow 2.0, low turn out means a blood bath for democrats. That's not even going into a report that shows that republicans will gain 13 seats in the house simply using gerrymandering (they only need 5 for the majority).

GG democrats on not doing anything on voting rights aside from wagging your fingers /facepalm.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nearly a year anniversary of the #DEMEXIT convention.

Remember that quiz in highschool, about what future job you are best suited for? All the smart kids bragged about being "nuclear engineers". If that test ever gets an update, will it include careers like "online grifter"?

What Nina Turner did was called disenfranchisment. Everyone with a 3 digit IQ knows disenfranchising voters will lead to republican wins, it's why it's the entire fkn strategy of the GOP. This isn't even complicated bro. Not sorry your grifter lost.
    What's the grift? Healthcare unions and higher pay? Do you think Tuner was Sinema or some shit?

- - - Updated - - -

It's nearly a year anniversary of the #DEMEXIT convention.

Remember that quiz in highschool, about what future job you are best suited for? All the smart kids bragged about being "nuclear engineers". If that test ever gets an update, will it include careers like "online grifter"?
    Notice how the democrats lead the house due to justice democrats notice how Cori Bush lost then won and her winning led to EXTENDING THE EVICTION MORATORIUM while the establishment and administration itself wanted to do nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I think your giant hate boner has clouded the biggest problem with that race which is the low turn out. The combination of Jim Crow 2.0, low turn out means a blood bath for democrats. That's not even going into a report that shows that republicans will gain 13 seats in the house simply using gerrymandering (they only need 5 for the majority).

GG democrats on not doing anything on voting rights aside from wagging your fingers /facepalm.

But we got a holiday! And Mike called out Clyburn so of course we deserve to not get voting rights... right?