The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    She finally shut Vaush up... he is finally speechless...
    Who was that giving the poem? I thought they said the first U.S. Poet Laureate....

- - - Updated - - -

Who the heck is this girl? Can we make her president instead?

Edit: Amanda Gorman 2024
    Ah, awesome - thank you.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah great poem

10+ Year Old Account

She'd have to wait till 2040.

Bro, that poem really got to me. NGL, I started to ugly cry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter Biden by his side... awesome.

Edit: having Blade, do a sermon with Hillary right there, was a shout out to pizzagate... lol
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-20 at 05:32 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Culturally speaking, in the US, matters of race are incredibly important in many aspects; politics, economics, identity, optics, et cetera. One may not like that it is so, but it so.
    For sure. One of those times is not actually an article about whether Joe Biden should have a Peloton.

Pretty good speech.
    its just a different word order, every leader always has the same key words, family, health, wealth, trust, honor, free, community, together, peace.

everyone wants most of those keywords, it will gravitate you automatically, causing you to go 'hey he/she is thinking/feeling what i am thinking/feeling' the same reason little kids can be friends easy.

i know.. i know, why am i saying this, what does it matter, etc etc.
    it doesn't, but when i hear such a speech, i am going 'bla bla heard it bla bla, now put it into action'.
    since they all say the same thing, its has no value unless they actually provide what they preach.

i'll save my opinion of him when he has actually done something, so should everyone else.
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    For sure. One of those times is not actually an article about whether Joe Biden should have a Peloton.
    Perhaps not to you, personally. Though it might be to others because race is culturally important. Meaning how one lives and chooses to live is both an effect and affect of cultural context.

What might not be too important a choice for one, might be alienating to someone else on the cultural basis of race. That's all the peloton "issue" was; a less alienating choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    its just a different word order, every leader always has the same key words, family, health, wealth, trust, honor, free, community, together, peace.

everyone wants most of those keywords, it will gravitate you automatically, causing you to go 'hey he/she is thinking/feeling what i am thinking/feeling' the same reason little kids can be friends easy.

it doesn't, but when i hear such a speech, i am going 'bla bla heard it bla bla, now put it into action'.
    since they all say the same thing, its has no value unless they actually provide what they preach.

i'll save my opinion of him when he has actually done something, so should everyone else.
    You're not wrong about speech making. But speeches are not designed to be proof of action. Communication (either persuasion, propaganda, commiseration, etc) is the goal of speech making. Whether one has a "good" speech really does not reflect or have any bearing on actions for the most part; Reagan gave great speeches, his actions were very destructive to many though.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This thread is somehow half about the inauguration, and half 2 people that started arguing over Peloton....

Anyway, don't let yourselves believe the "Trump Nightmare" is over. At best, he just no longer has presidential powers now. It isn't like he's going to go away, and he certainly won't disappear from the media, especially since he's a former president now.

In the meantime, just sit and wait for the usual suspects to start coming back in and complaining about every little thing they possibly can. Even if they have to imagine those things.
    I don't think anyone who's been paying attention thinks the Trump Nightmare is over (not knocking you, just full-heartedly agreeing ). But at least now we don't have a lunatic with the powers of the President - when Biden was sworn in I swear 1,000lbs of mental stress was lifted from my little brain.

We'll see how it goes. This probably belongs in the Trump Shitshow thread, but I hear he's trying to start a new political party.

This thread is somehow half about the inauguration, and half 2 people that started arguing over Peloton....

Anyway, don't let yourselves believe the "Trump Nightmare" is over. At best, he just no longer has presidential powers now. It isn't like he's going to go away, and he certainly won't disappear from the media, especially since he's a former president now.

In the meantime, just sit and wait for the usual suspects to start coming back in and complaining about every little thing they possibly can. Even if they have to imagine those things.
    The peloton argument is important and highlights a specific worry I have. The idea of minimizing issues because “hey at least x therefore no y!”

How can racism when VP colour?

The idea of reaching across to compromise which msnbc noted generally is done with white men compromising in ways that hurt the minority and poor.

Honestly, I would prefer people being nit picky about a sitting president(comes with the territory) then one that actually went out of his way to harm others, either through action or legislation.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least Pence exited with respect. Shame to see Trump decided to act like a child all the way to his bitter end.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Welp, War and regime change ops are definitely not going away any time soon. Biden plans to recognize Guaido and continue belligerence towards Venezuela, possibly even escalating America's imperialist ambitions there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post

Yeah, it's best not to be swayed by speeches. "Change has come to America"... fucking lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    How often do you hear from Clinton, Bush, and Obama? I know Trump seems to have intentions of running again or starting a media empire, but I think people overestimate how much of a voice he'll have. Between losing social media access, the mainstream media having no obligation to cover him, and a ton of debt and legal trouble barreling his way at this very moment, I think he's going to be far less publicly visible.

I keep saying this, but the January 20th we've arrived at is worlds apart from the one we imagined on November 3rd. He massively damaged his reputation and relationship with the GOP on his way out the door.

I'm more concerned about the foothold Trumpism has taken in certain parts of the Republican party, and whether it will be rooted out by McConnell or allowed to fester and grow.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2021-01-20 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Welp, War and regime change ops are definitely not going away any time soon.
    Just like austerity? And whatever other bogeymen that haven't materialized?

Biden plans to recognize Guaido
    Protip: The US already recognizes him as the head of the country. As do many of Venezuela's neighbors, European allies, Canada, and other countries. This isn't a change of policy, but a continuation of policy.

Bro, that poem really got to me. NGL, I started to ugly cry.
    And rhyme apparently!

Welp, War and regime change ops are definitely not going away any time soon. Biden plans to recognize Guaido and continue belligerence towards Venezuela, possibly even escalating America's imperialist ambitions there.
    Has does the entire Western world.

It's a day of lofty ideals, here's hoping the new administration can live up to them. It's hard to be too optimistic but I'm grateful we got here and grateful the country rejected madness.