The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/therecoun...61492671823874

So even the GOP in the Dem ranks is on board with the $1.9 trillion. Any chance you’ll find the time to read up and respond or do you only have time to read up about the GOP before blaming the Dems for their actions?
    I thank Bernie Sanders, Not a Democrat as you guys like reminding people, for having the foresight to just avoid this phoney "Bipartisanship" that Biden is on.

So rejoice, Bernard Sanders actually fought and avoided those checks going as low as Biden probably was going to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This is worrying and proof the EC needs to be abolished:

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/25/93724...record-turnout
    Democrats have now won the popular vote in seven of the last eight presidential elections. A Republican hasn't won it since George W. Bush's reelection in 2004.

And yet, Democrats have only won the presidency in five of those elections because of the Electoral College. Democrats are concentrated on the coasts and in cities, making it harder to win the White House than their popular vote margins might suggest.

In fact, in this election, Biden won the national popular vote by some 6 million votes so far, more than double Hillary Clinton's margin over Trump four years ago. But just 44,000 votes in Georgia, Arizona and Wisconsin separated Biden and Trump from a tie in the Electoral College.
    The GOP will never allow the EC to end vis a vis the Constitution - their idiotic argument is too easy for the willfully ignorant to pick up and run with.

The only hope is the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact. Which is still two/three states away from passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I thank Bernie Sanders, Not a Democrat as you guys like reminding people, for having the foresight to just avoid this phoney "Bipartisanship" that Biden is on.

So rejoice, Bernard Sanders actually fought and avoided those checks going as low as Biden probably was going to go.
    What was his role in this, specifically? I'm not doubting, just haven't really seen any reporting on his involvement in the negotiations and planning so far. Granted I haven't read extensively, but I'd have imagined I'd see at least a mention by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Despite rising popular vote margin the votes that counted ... that margin shrunk from 2016 to now. Woe is America's electoral system.

- - - Updated - - -

This is part of why I have such a sense or urgency... it’s a bleak situation.
    This bubble will completely pop once some of these states becoming bluer fully shift (Texas, Arizona, GA)

Just take Texas alone.

Excluding the 92/96 elections which split the GOP ticket between Perot and Bush, Texas' margin of victory for a Republican is the lowest since Reagan took it back from Carter in 1980.

How low?

2000 Bush - +1.3m
    2004 Bush - +1.4m
    2008 Obama - -950,000
    2012 Obama - -1.2m
    2016 Trump - +800,000
    2020 Biden - -600,000

It might be a tough battle over the next decade but when Texas does officially flip, it really is game over for the GOP

Texas + California + New York = 155 / 270 Electoral Votes needed for Presidency.

Add into that other reliably blue votes of WA, OR, IL, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, DE, MD, DC = 216 votes for EC guaranteed.

CO, NM, MN, and VA = 253

Then you finally get to other "Tossups" like WI, MI, PA, OH, AZ.

We are quickly approaching a point where the only way GOP takes the Presidency is through a clean sweep of tossups.

Once the GOP starts to lose the Presidency continually, their influence will continue to fade. They will start regularly losing the Senate and the House and they will be forced to re-form as a more centrist party.

Is this like when you condemned a Democrat for refusing to vote for a bill, and ignored the dozens of Republicans who voted right alongside her?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What was his role in this, specifically? I'm not doubting, just haven't really seen any reporting on his involvement in the negotiations and planning so far. Granted I haven't read extensively, but I'd have imagined I'd see at least a mention by now.
    He wasn’t involved... his last demand for 2k, was in December. This has been negotiated by Biden and GOP for the last several days... Bernie only commented recently, that he believes democrats have the votes to pass reconciliation. Not that he is working on it...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence View Post
    Vaush released another good video, showing a lot of Democratic politicians lying through their teeth about the stimulus checks:
    That’s not what the video is about... again...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s not what the video is about... again...
    Yeah I'm not watching it. So first Trump was the person who wanted $2k checks after the Republicans stiffed people. Yes Biden agreed while running. Do you Trumpkins remember this? Anyways, people got $600 check and now they are trying to give $1,400. So am I missing where they are playing the semantic game of $2k on top of $600 or the fact we got to $2k. I never know with these Trumpkins.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Vaush released another good video, showing a lot of Democratic politicians lying through their teeth about the stimulus checks:

I'm 3 minutes in and he's making a good point about the $2K checks but then quickly transitions to pointing out how bad Democrats are at politics and how Republicans are better at messaging than they are, pointing out that Democrats could have easily demanded $2K and let Republicans or Manchin take the blame for it going down.

And praises the rest of the stimulus bill.

There seems to be a huge focus on the $2K checks from "progressives", to the exclusion of most other issues they claim to care about like minimum wage increases. Almost like some folks have a personal stake in getting a $2K check and they want that money, but don't have a personal stake in an increased minimum wage so that can like, totally wait and stuff.

Where's your boy, Trump, with his $2k checks?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Where's your boy, Trump, with his $2k checks?
    Naw man, Josh Hawley was totally gonna come through with it. Totes. Mega way totes. It was gonna happen. AND IT STILL MIGHT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Yeah I'm not watching it. So first Trump was the person who wanted $2k checks after the Republicans stiffed people. Yes Biden agreed while running. Do you Trumpkins remember this? Anyways, people got $600 check and now they are trying to give $1,400. So am I missing where they are playing the semantic game of $2k on top of $600 or the fact we got to $2k. I never know with these Trumpkins.
    The video is arguing that it’s a stupid issue, with significant optics ramifications. We have a very good bill that is getting passed through reconciliation, but the 1600 is letting people shit all over it. Especially considering reconciliation, it shouldn’t have mattered if it’s 2k or 1.4K.

There is a bit of a naïveté with Vaush and a lot of leftists in general, even if I like them, like Vaush. The idea that Theo, Pro-Violence or Trump supporters, wouldn’t find something else to bitch about, if it was 2k, is just naïveté. What makes them think that just like 15$ per hour became not enough, that 2k wouldn’t suffer the same exact optics issue?

And damn IPad... way to spell check with umlaut and everything...

- - - Updated - - -

Naw man, Josh Hawley was totally gonna come through with it. Totes. Mega way totes. It was gonna happen. AND IT STILL MIGHT!
    In 2022 this is going bite democrats... How are they going to argue that all they could muster is 1600, when faced with GOP opponents arguing that they care more about Americans, by saying 0 is too much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The video is arguing that it’s a stupid issue, with significant optics ramifications. We have a very good bill that is getting passed through reconciliation, but the 1600 is letting people shit all over it. Especially considering reconciliation, it shouldn’t have mattered if it’s 2k or 1.4K.

There is a bit of a naïveté with Vaush and a lot of leftists in general, even if I like them, like Vaush. The idea that Theo, Pro-Violence or Trump supporters, wouldn’t find something else to bitch about, if it was 2k, is just naïveté. What makes them think that just like 15$ per hour became not enough, that 2k wouldn’t suffer the same exact optics issue?

And damn IPad... way to spell check with umlaut and everything...

- - - Updated - - -

In 2022 this is going bite democrats... How are they going to argue that all they could muster is 1600, when faced with GOP opponents arguing that they care more about Americans, by saying 0 is too much?
    Help me out here. What economic cohort of Very Online People would; benefit from relief checks, but not qualify from min wage increase?
    • Podcasters and other filing a 1099
    • Primary earnings come from a family trust fund
    • Adults whose primary earnings are an allowance from wealthy "conservative husbands" or "dads"

Only asking for $1200 and getting $1400 .... I imagine these posters always expect daddy to put a cherry on top.
    Sens. Bernie Sanders and Josh Hawley team up in push for second $1,200 stimulus checks
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2021-02-03 at 07:05 PM.
    Government Affiliated Snark

So what bipartisanship has Biden done. He lured some GOP into a meeting to tell the fuck off. Hr was never going to deal with them considering they never negotiate in good faith. He publically embarassed them and is given Bitch "elections have consequences. The winners make the rules and the losers go home" McTurtle a tase of his own medicine. Maybe this will force their hand to come to the table earnestly. Probably not. They'll just cry like babies who just shit themselves like they always do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    So what bipartisanship has Biden done. He lured some GOP into a meeting to tell the fuck off. Hr was never going to deal with them considering they never negotiate in good faith. He publically embarassed them and is given Bitch "elections have consequences. The winners make the rules and the losers go home" McTurtle a tase of his own medicine. Maybe this will force their hand to come to the table earnestly. Probably not. They'll just cry like babies who just shit themselves like they always do.
    It’s looking like it might mean that people like me, will not be getting the 1600. Latest news is that it might be limited to who can get the stimulus. Just to be clear, I am not struggling at the moment... don’t know what tomorrow brings, but so far so good. If I am holding back the checks to those who need it, that would be a crime.

Instead of giving people stimulus checks, give sustainable jobs. More career opportunities, more entry level jobs, more job progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Instead of giving people stimulus checks, give sustainable jobs. More career opportunities, more entry level jobs, more job progression.
    So should the government create more stable jobs of people working for the government? Isn't that just BIG GOVERNMENT?

Why didn't your boi Trump do this?

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean like sustainable energy jobs?

5+ Year Old Account
    Cant, GOP doesn’t believe in funding future generations. Only in wealth hoarding like goblins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Cant, GOP doesn’t believe in funding future generations. Only in wealth hoarding like goblins.
    Returning to Paris Accord will require more jobs.