10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    This will upset all our millionaires and billionaires in here who always defend tax cuts for the rich.
    Well let's give them a fair chance. I'm sure they will show objective evidence that cutting the highest tax rates on the wealthy and corporations actually helped. Now, 2020 might be a bad example ("control variable" out the fucking window) but surely they'll have evidence from 2019? A significant gain in jobs, real wages, and/or the GDP?

(crosses arms)

(waits)

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    This will upset all our millionaires and billionaires in here who always defend tax cuts for the rich.
    Don't you mean the "job creators" that gave us such a "huge" GDP jump from the 2 trillion dollar welfare check we gave them under Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well let's give them a fair chance. I'm sure they will show objective evidence that cutting the highest tax rates on the wealthy and corporations actually helped. Now, 2020 might be a bad example ("control variable" out the fucking window) but surely they'll have evidence from 2019? A significant gain in jobs, real wages, and/or the GDP?

(crosses arms)

(waits)
    It's going to trickle down any day now.

10+ Year Old Account
    CBS-YouGov poll:
    62% of Americans approve of Biden’s job as president.
    67% approve of Biden's job handling the coronavirus outbreak.
    69% approve of Biden's vaccine distribution efforts.
    60% approve of Biden's handling of the economy.

Beltway media is upset that the public is ignoring their lack of press conferences. I wonder why ....

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Beltway media is upset that the public is ignoring their lack of press conferences. I wonder why ....
    I'm just hoping we're done with 3 weeks of, "Biden hasn't held a solo press conference etc." nonsense. I mean, it's not like the guy is holed up all day with giant blocks of "executive time" and going to his golf resort to spend all day on the green on the weekends.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN2B72CV?il=0

U.S. President Joe Biden remains committed to his campaign pledge that no one earning less than $400,000 should see an increase in their taxes, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said on Monday.

Psaki said the Biden administration was working closely with members of Congress about how best to fund plans for an ambitious infrastructure package, but those plans had not been finalized yet.
    Darn pro-austerity neoliberal Biden! Wanting to raise taxes on the poor middle class families earning...$400K+ annually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm just hoping we're done with 3 weeks of, "Biden hasn't held a solo press conference etc." nonsense. I mean, it's not like the guy is holed up all day with giant blocks of "executive time" and going to his golf resort to spend all day on the green on the weekends.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN2B72CV?il=0

Darn pro-austerity neoliberal Biden! Wanting to raise taxes on the poor middle class families earning...$400K+ annually.
    Biden ponders tax hikes that might:
    - Raise the corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%
    - Raise the income taxes on individuals earning more than $400,000
    - Pare back tax preferences on pass-through businesses
    - Expand the estate tax

I'm ok with all of this.

A lil disappointed he's not liquidating the Kulaks /s. Also, all podcasting or AM radio income should be taxed 111!%

10+ Year Old Account
    - Expand the estate tax

I'm ok with all of this.
    So, you know what that means? Because all I read was the Bloomberg article and there was no description or context at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you know what that means? Because all I read was the Bloomberg article and there was no description or context at all.
    It's perfect timing. Millennials are set to become the wealthiest generation when their Boomer parents die.

Society is much better off taxing all of that wealth. Otherwise Millennials are just going to blow it on wallstreetbets, tendies, and overpriced PS5s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully it means that they'll lower the bar to less than the 11.58 million it currently sits at. It's a stark contrast than the Republican plan which is to repeal it completely and give another 1.7 trillion to the wealthy.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    History friends reminds me, its the anniversary of the Missouri Compromise which allows Maine to enter the Union, 1820.

As Maine voters have repeatedly shown since 2010, its always a mistake to compromise with stupidity. /joke

5+ Year Old Account
    It's perfect timing. Millennials are set to become the wealthiest generation when their Boomer parents die.

Society is much better off taxing all of that wealth. Otherwise Millennials are just going to blow it on wallstreetbets, tendies, and overpriced PS5s.
    Wouldn’t Boomer kids be Gen X?

Millennials parents are Gen x mostly

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Mixture of both, depending on when they had kids. Most generations have "Cross-generational kids".

Though don't worry, the worst generation will always be millennials. Why? Because we're largely out of college and overall struggling with student debt and being hit with the 1-2 punch of the Great Recession and now Covid, yet we're still getting all the blame for wild Spring Break beach parties of young 20something Zoomers in Florida.

I'm increasingly embracing the reputation of Millennial: Destroyer of industries, responsible for all woes, bringer of plagues and herald of suffering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay fine, I meant like specific numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Hopefully it means that they'll lower the bar to less than the 11.58 million it currently sits at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Pretty much boils down to the top 1% being forced to pay a bit more of their share.
    Well, it's early yet -- those numbers might not exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

Millennials parents are Gen x mostly
    Some might have leading end Xers as a parent. Moreso if Dad was a midlife-crisis Boomer who raided the GenX cradle for his second or third wife.

Okay fine, I meant like specific numbers.
    Biden has a few Warren staffers on his team. I think they learned the lesson of not putting too many details out front. Since pundits and online people will just distort all of those details anyways.

Instead of the Tear of Alderaan, Warren staffers have a snake emoji tattooed under their eye.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2021-03-15 at 06:40 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Biden ponders tax hikes that might:
    - Raise the corporate tax rate to 28% from 21%
    - Raise the income taxes on individuals earning more than $400,000
    - Pare back tax preferences on pass-through businesses
    - Expand the estate tax

I'm ok with all of this.

A lil disappointed he's not liquidating the Kulaks /s. Also, all podcasting or AM radio income should be taxed 111!%
    He could just cancel the GOP Tax Break for the Rich. I mean, he couldn't by himself, of course - but legislatively it would be a great start.

$400k is a good start, too - no one making that kind of money is struggling in any way shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    He could just cancel the GOP Tax Break for the Rich. I mean, he couldn't by himself, of course - but legislatively it would be a great start.
    Probably easier to just start from where things are now and make changes in that direction than to repeal it first and then try to make further changes.

10+ Year Old Account

$400k is a good start, too - no one making that kind of money is struggling in any way shape or form.
    ExCePt If YoU lIvE iN L.A. wHeRe A sHaCk Is 1MiLlIoN

Sorry, I had to get ahead of a few other people here.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Seems great.
    i love this comment

Today, Joe Biden will play his 0th round of golf in his first 53 days in office.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides most of the people making 400k a year are really making 800k+ before all the fancy ways around claiming all that income they can afford to participate in.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, he couldn't by himself, of course - but legislatively it would be a great start.
    Fun story: the personal benefits expire in 2025, when Trump thought he'd leave office. Biden and the Democrats can, correctly, point out who worte the bill and who voted for the bill in the 2024 election. "Your GOP Rep/Senator wants your benefits to expire whaaaaaaa?" they can say, "My goodness, that doesn't sound like protecting the lower/middle class at all! Here's our plan that extends benefits that are pretty close, to you, indefinitely...just maybe not those billionaired and real estate magnates who wrote in permanent benefits for themselves. You think your GOP Rep/Sen will vote for it? They didn't last time!"

As usual, the con was they tied to to bread crumb tax cuts for the middle class. So they do the whole, Democrats Raising Your Taxes! We know the great con is give the people enough crumbs while they eat the whole cake and make those people think they are getting a piece.

Anyways new legislation makes it look better. May sound silly, but I honestly want a bill called; "Eff You, I'm taxing your Rich Ass bill".

On oh btw if they expand estate tax remember that only 1,700 were affected by the estate tax. So it will be fun if implemented that somehow of that 1,700 a good 5 plus will just happen to be MMO-C posters who will rant against this. To be clear this is sarcasm of these posters defending something that does not affect them or help them in anyway, yet defend tax cuts for the rich.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!