Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm not assuming FB acted appropriately, but rather I don't believe Grassley's claim. Because he hasn't provided any evidence for it given that we can't even see the post he claimed was "corrected" by FB.
    You said: "Then maybe he shouldn't share outlets that are covering the news incorrectly and spreading misinformation." That's an affirmative statement regarding what Grassley did and how Facebook acted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Then maybe he shouldn't share outlets that are covering the news incorrectly and spreading misinformation. I don't really know what happened, but I'm skeptical of Grassley.
    Posted as an example.

No, I have very clear opinions on the Republican party and their members that is entirely a reflection of the parties own actions and words.
    I'll give you this: It's a whole lot simpler for journalism and the internet to ignore the matter at hand and post nothing but presumptions formed on past conduct and call it "context."

You finding context horribly inconvenient for your arguments, we know.
    Let's add context for Grassley and Facebook, January 6th! Next up: Edge- defends "but her emails" because "It adds context to Republican's arguments regarding how to trust Hillary Clinton, her campaign, and future statements from the Democratic party aparatus.

Privilege does not apply to communications about the commission of a crime. If there's a crime alleged, then those communications could be lawfully subpoena'd to go after the Clinton campaign.

Which you'd know if you've been following the developments on the ongoing Trump lawsuits and investigations.
    Which has a high hurdle, but we may get to investigation and subpoena if the Republicans retake House and Senate. How much knowledge did Mark Elias, John Podesta, and Hillary Clinton have about the actions of their lawyers? I respect your investigative spirit.

I mean, I'd express my lack of surprise at this development
    I appreciate the confession, as it stands. If its Trump lawyers, "I'm not surprised." If its Clinton lawyers, "This is the result of an anti-Hillary cottage industry unless you can find anything specific to tie it back to the Clinton campaign." Let's just say the @TexasRules side of the aisle has this one right, regardless of how he expresses it.

but absent evidence tying their actions back to Trump, now. Though we know Trump rarely actually gives orders, he just asks someone to rid him of that meddlesome priest and hopes one of his aides takes it upon themselves to do it. It's a great mob-tactic to avoid legal problems when you're asking for people to commit crimes.

So I'd be skeptical that Trump would even be caught giving such an order. It wouldn't be in writing since we know he didn't like written orders/notes, and any testimony wouldn't be enough to directly connect him.

I'm glad that the space I live inside your head, rent-free, is growing though. I need that square footage.
    I never said you'd ascribe the actions back to Trump, but as earlier stated, you'd immediately make the connection to malign Trump.

It's the internet, don't go too trolly on rent-free living. I post in proportion to your responses to my posts, or less so if its going off topic or into double-standards land, so if you think I'm giving you too much attention, just stop responding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    It's not my opinion you ignorant twit! I know you read my last post which is FACTS not opinion. Please stop being ignorant.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53602295
    You'll notice, you provide no description on what "3rd parties or members of the media have overstated, understated, or otherwise misinterpreted facts." Neither did he. So before you go off calling people ignorant twits, stop playing creative fiction writer and start focusing on the facts.

Trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is a lot of exclamation marks, but I really am interested in whether or not you dispute the aforementioned. It's in Durham's indictment. I don't need an immediate response if you need time to read it. Get back to me next week. But please answer if, when you're calling this stuff BS, that you think Durham's public court filings were hacked and altered, or were spoofed. I want to deal with people that have read the primary source documents, or FACTS about what's been filed to put it in your words, instead of people that assume it's all made up and mangled by Fox or whoever you want the boogeyman to be.

This has nothing to do with what Fox is talking about. Again stop being ignorant.
    You may be fixated on Fox, but I'm not. If you can tell me what's going on at Fox that you're watching, please fill me in. If it's relevant to what you're saying, because I've neither quoted Fox articles or rely on their opinion writing.

I'll post in my own words then link you numerous articles to back up my statements. Cause YOU KNOW, I read up on this unlike some in the propaganda bubble.
    I am grateful that you're going in this direction.

Your shit post above first doesn't link Clinton to anything. That is Sussman alone. Here is where you are Super Ignorant. I posted this before. First and most important this was DURING THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION and was not emails, basically monitoring pings. Do you know what pings are?!? Even my barely computer literate brain knows this much. There was pings that went to Trump Tower and the White House, which were monitored to see were the original IP address in Russia. So with your ignorant take, Obama was in with Trump or Russia since they (Obama White House) was being pinged like Trump Tower.
    I'm going to spell it out for you. First off, you're way off your rocker here to claim it was "Sussman alone." The Durham court filing alleges that "In compiling and disseminating these allegations (([Russian Bank-1])), the defendant and Tech Executive-1 also had met and communicated with another law partner at Law Firm-1 who was then serving as General Counsel to the Clinton Campaign." So, please, tell me how meeting and communicating with a second lawyer, and the General Counsel of the campaign, is Sussman alone. This is a very interesting understanding of "alone."

I will yield to more knowledgeable computer scientists or programmers in parsing "DNS Internet traffic" from Trump Tower, Trump's apartment, and EOP.

But the actual documents provide more than enough to dispute your "just pings, IP address in Russia." "The defendant provided data which he claimed reflected purportedly suspicious DNS lookups by these entities of internet protocol (IP) addresses affiliated with a Russian mobile phone provider .. further claimed that these lookups demonstrated that Trump and/or his associates were using supposedly rare, Russian-made wireless phones in the vicinity of the White House and other locations."

So let's see, you're wrong to call them just pings. You're wrong to place this inside the Obama White House rather than the vicinity. You failed to notice that the claims extend to lying about how rare these supposed lookups were (I'm only on Page 4 of the public filing, if you're following along). And, not to belabor the obvious, but Trump ran for office during the Obama presidency, and they weren't just tracking DNS of his associates at the EOP, but also his apartment, a health care provider, and Trump Tower. Tell me, did Obama run those three in your mind? Why are you blaming this on being wrong by assignment to Obama, when it wasn't just EOP DNS data?

I don't speak on behalf of Fox News, nor did I rely on their reporting to learn about what Durham is alleging.

So, while I'm puzzled at why you're including this, I'm in a gracious mood. If you want me to say that other people on the right side of the aisle have been making extraordinary claims, I'll affirm it. If you give me the specific article that Grassley linked, and it repeats some extraordinary claims not found in Durham filings, I'll call it wrong or allegations not specifically supported by Durham's allegations, as appropriate.

But let me remind you, you have resorted to calling it BS and haven't responded to specific matters found directly in Durham's report, but have gone off into left field as if I said this all happened when Trump was president. So if you don't find it in you to even speak to two specific allegations from Durham and affirm their actual existence in public court filings, then I will say you have no basis in criticizing other people that go too far, since you repeatedly fail to admit to even small facts of the case.
    Last edited by tehdang; 2022-02-18 at 11:44 PM.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

The gall of thinking you are owed anything with your posting history. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    You'd tell George Floyd that maybe he shouldn't be passing counterfeit bills.

If you had the news article in hand that Grassley linked...

He's indicted for lying to the FBI. The first page of the indictment notes the "purported secret channel of communications" he only knew about from his contact with Tech-Executive-1. It's pretty connected, though not the crime he's being charged with. It doesn't take wild accusations of criminality to make the American people raise eyebrows at a Clinton lawyer checking out Trump's DNS data.
    "“The Special Counsel is well aware that the data provided to Agency-2 pertained only to the period of time before Mr. Trump took office, when Barack Obama was President,” reads the filing from Sussmann. (Agency-2 is widely reported to be the CIA, to which Durham alleged Sussmann relayed Joffe’s findings.)

Joffe’s attorneys separately told the New York Times that Joffe only examined data from the Executive Office of the President while Obama was in office, and that it was part of an attempt to see whether there was malware on White House servers — a job for which he had been hired."

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckra...t-of-his-probe

"Those pushing back against Durham’s assertions include a spokesperson for Rodney Joffe, a retired tech executive who has not been charged in the case but, according to people familiar with the investigation, is the executive described in the indictment as Sussman’s client.

“Contrary to the allegations … Mr. Joffe is an apolitical internet security expert with decades of service to the U.S. Government who has never worked for a political party, and who legally provided access to DNS data obtained from a private client that separately was providing DNS services to the Executive Office of the President (EOP)," the spokesperson said in a statement.

“As a result of the hacks of EOP and DNC servers in 2015 and 2016, respectively, there were serious and legitimate national security concerns about Russian attempts to infiltrate the 2016 election,” the statement continued. “Upon identifying DNS queries from Russian-made Yota phones in proximity to the Trump campaign and the EOP, respected cyber-security researchers were deeply concerned about the anomalies they found in the data and prepared a report of their findings, which was subsequently shared with the CIA.”

“The idea that these researchers were using some kind of internal data to spy on Donald Trump — data internal to the EOP — to spy on Donald Trump, is just absurd,” attorney Mark Rasch said. “This was DNS data not internal to the EOP, and the collection of that data ended before the Trump administration was sworn in.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...otion-dismiss/
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2022-02-19 at 12:48 AM.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda crazy to think the Nevada Caucus was 2 years ago.

Biden's candidacy was pronounced dead.
    One or two Revolutions thought they were ascendant.

Those were crazy times/threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post

Biden was going to win regardless. Politics are nothing more than a game.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post

Are you simply reminding us that we had a Keynesian beauty contest for a primary?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Are you simply reminding us that we had a Keynesian beauty contest for a primary?
    I wish.

People from a certain campaign were calling Liz Warren a "mass murderer" for her plan to implement M4A in 2 bills over 7 years. Instead of making it happen through a finger snap.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    funny analysis considering the GOP have basically made it illegal to run against Fuhrer Trump in a primary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm noticing that there's no media pieces or editorials asking out loud... "Will Republicans Pay a Price for Supporting Putin?"

Instead, best i can tell what the Discourse wants Biden to personally to prevent a Russian invasion:
    • By just using harsh language firm but polite language
    • But without risking the life of a single American
    • But without a cent increase in the price of gas

Talk about being dealt a tough hand.

Is that why you voted for Trump, because you knew he'd lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    funny analysis considering the GOP have basically made it illegal to run against Fuhrer Trump in a primary.
    biden wasn't allowed negative press or the person who did it would be hate bombed and gaslighted just like did they with hillary.

biden is a weak president and in the midst of war, he doesnt know what the hell he is doing. we're all going to fucking die
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

biden wasn't allowed negative press or the person who did it would be hate bombed and gaslighted just like did they with hillary.
    This is quite the theory you've got there. Shame there's absolutely no merit to it, but it's sure a theory.

biden is a weak president and in the midst of war, he doesnt know what the hell he is doing. we're all going to fucking die
    Why are we going to die because Russia is invading Ukraine, exactly?

Funny, because Trump looked like Putin's bitch every chance he got. Biden is stronger than Trump was/is.

10+ Year Old Account
    What particular conspiracy-nut hellhole did you pull that particular nugget of excrement out of?

Even if Biden were weak (no evidence of that), Russia's way fuckin' weaker and poses essentially zero appreciable threat to anyone but Ukraine or other ex-Soviet states along its actual border.

Nothing you've said is based on facts especially since we have eyes and memories longer than goldfish so we remember the primaries. Also this has nothing to do with the fact that the GOP has barred people from running against Trump nor the fact that Helsinky happened. At this point if Putin invaded Melania Trump would be cheering as he is now for invading Ukraine.

This makes no sense, especially when you got caught lying about being a Biden supporter.

Is there a reason Biden is putting out sanctions against oligarchs they were already having sanctions against and Putin who has like 200 billion and can just laugh at him. Then have Europe do nothing because they are beholden to Russia for oil and natural gas, which Russia will just raise the price on when you halt the nord stream. When is he going to actually hurt Russia or Putin?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Is there a reason Biden is putting out sanctions against oligarchs they were already having sanctions against and Putin who has like 200 billion and can just laugh at him. Then have Europe do nothing because they are beholden to Russia for oil and natural gas, which Russia will just raise the price on when you halt the nord stream. When is he going to actually hurt Russia or Putin?
    What should Biden do exactly to actually hurt Russia and Putin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because when the alternative is to do what Trump did and praise Putin for posing to invade sovereign countries like the tinpot dictator that Trump failed at being, Biden knew that what he was doing was the actually morally correct, a good precedent on a global scale, and something that might actually result in something getting done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    What should Biden do exactly to actually hurt Russia and Putin?
    Clearly, he should say how good of a job they're doing and then say the US should do that against its own ally and neighbor Mexico.

Oh, wait, that's what Trump did.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Your knowledge of how geopolitics works is as good as your knowledge of American politics.

Sit back down.