Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I don't think anyone would disagree with that, but who is there that could go up against Trump right now and win?
    One would hope; a wet wash cloth.

The only reason why magarats are so far up Hunter Biden ass...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Pardon my historical nitpick, but Teddy Roosevelt was a republican back when the party was liberal/progressive. The two parties would switch ideologies after WWI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's a tad off-topic, but TR would never champion the current GOP. Other than the fact they have big game hunters, they don't stand for anything he was famous for. Teddy championed national parks, started the FDA, and was a police commissioner.
    @Breccia

You guys are right, I was too loose with my history in my initial statement. (TR was anti-corporation, too, and started the Progressive Party in 1912 after Republicans opted for Taft. So yeah he would be hilariously far from modern GOP.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skjaldborg View Post
    You guys are right, I was too loose with my history in my initial statement.
    Not to worry. At least you didn't suggest Lincoln.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skjaldborg View Post
    @Breccia

You guys are right, I was too loose with my history in my initial statement. (TR was anti-corporation, too, and started the Progressive Party in 1912 after Republicans opted for Taft. So yeah he would be hilariously far from modern GOP.)
    These are fairly bad pop culture takes on history. To say the GOP was liberal/progressive is dumb. The Progressive wing of the GOP was a very small part of it's coalition at the time. Hence the party was trying to sideline Teddy... until he left them. The Gilded ages happened under GOP control. Taft would end doing more trust busting than Teddy. Teddy was very uneven, he used trust busting mostly to punish his enemies. Kinda prototypical of Trump trying to punish Amazon, or Desantis trying to punish Disney....
    Teddy was a big NAtionalist that liked to glorify war. I mean if your politics are anti-imperialism ... Teddy is not your guy.
    Teddy was pretty racist.
    As a person who loves public lands I'm glad he started the idea. But cant sweep away his notions of saving the lands from "aboriginal mismanagement" .... Yikes as the kids say.
    Or Teddy warning about the "browning of America" ... he could be the next host of Tucker Carlson.

Point being, Leftist Challenge 2023! stop confusing Populism for Progressivism.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Point being, Leftist Challenge 2023! stop confusing Populism for Progressivism.
    Right back acha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speakin of people that purposely muddled the progressivism with the populism....

Bernie Sanders endorses Biden, rules out 2024 bid of his own.

One of the sadder tells. Most of his senior campaign staff and media surrogates would go on to simp for Putin or Elon Musk.

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Biden is the best option the Democrats have and is more or less a guaranteed 2024 win barring some huge scandal between now and then. Trump stands no chance, DeSantis stands no chance after his signing the 6 week abortion bill, and no one else comes close to them.
    This "it's in the bag" mindset is one of the biggest reasons Hillary lost in 16. We absolutely can not afford to think this will be an easy campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    This "it's in the bag" mindset is one of the biggest reasons Hillary lost in 16. We absolutely can not afford to think this will be an easy campaign.
    Indeed. Hopefully, lesson learned and there's no complacency just because, for example, Trump gets arrested again or is convicted but not yet imprisoned. Biden can take Trump in a fair fight, but not if he turns his back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. Hopefully, lesson learned and there's no complacency just because, for example, Trump gets arrested again or is convicted but not yet imprisoned. Biden can take Trump in a fair fight, but not if he turns his back.
    Also, it's a fight. Kick them in the fuckin' nards. Gouge out their eyes. If they're down and crying about it, keep fuckin' kicking them in the face until the crying stops.

You win no points for fighting "clean". You just lose ground when your opponent hits you with a dirty shot and their crowd cheers at landing the hit on you. The opponent here does not give a shit, and their goal is literally to lead to the destruction and death of many of your people. Act accordingly. This isn't a friendly contest between two people with a slight disagreement on things.

Don't be satisfied knocking your opponent down. Be satisfied when they can no longer stand back up.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Also, it's a fight. Kick them in the fuckin' nards. Gouge out their eyes. If they're down and crying about it, keep fuckin' kicking them in the face until the crying stops.

You win no points for fighting "clean". You just lose ground when your opponent hits you with a dirty shot and their crowd cheers at landing the hit on you. The opponent here does not give a shit, and their goal is literally to lead to the destruction and death of many of your people. Act accordingly. This isn't a friendly contest between two people with a slight disagreement on things.

Don't be satisfied knocking your opponent down. Be satisfied when they can no longer stand back up.
    But that isn't very gentlemanly! Where's the honor in that, old chap? Besides, it sounds like an awful lot of work... and well, they have other things they need to do! Far more pressing things, I'm sure. You understand, yes? Good! Run along now, little fellow, the grown-ups--I mean, the rich folk--I mean, the people in power are busy. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    So Biden went to the WH Correspondents' Dinner, yeah I know the thing everyone did except Trump, so strange. And yes, Dark Brandon brought the troll schtick.

Speaking at the annual White House Correspondents' Association dinner, Biden referred to "truth buried by lies," in an apparent reference to false conspiracy theories that his 2020 election win was the result of a massive voter fraud.

"Lies told for profit and power. Lies of conspiracy and malice repeated over and over again designed to generate a cycle of anger and hate and even violence," Biden said.

That cycle, Biden added, has emboldened local jurisdictions to ban books, and "the rule of law and our rights and freedoms to be stripped away."

Zeroing in on what he characterized as "an extreme press," Biden at the same time joked that if he called Fox News "honest, fair and truthful then I can be sued for defamation."

And in a jab at former President Donald Trump, Biden quipped that comedian Roy Wood Jr, who also was a featured speaker at the dinner, had offered him $10 to keep his speech short.

"That's a switch - a president being offered hush money," Biden said to laughter.

So Biden went to the WH Correspondents' Dinner, yeah I know the thing everyone did except Trump, so strange. And yes, Dark Brandon brought the troll schtick.
    That last one really is kinda clever.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking a moment to laugh at the people that created Dark Brandon. They really had no idea what they would unleash...

I hear House Republicans out on TV saying they would never vote to cut veterans’ benefits.

In case there’s any confusion, I made a little chart that could help them out.

Dark Brandon is making flowchart memes, we've entered entirely new territory.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-sending...145215517.html
    U.S. sending 1,500 troops to southern border amid migration spike
    Washington — The Biden administration is deploying 1,500 active-duty troops to the southern border to provide operational support to U.S. immigration authorities as they grapple with a sharp increase in migrant crossings ahead of the termination of pandemic-era migration restrictions, the Department of Defense announced Tuesday.

The service members will be deployed for 90 days, and will not be tasked with any law enforcement duties like detaining or processing migrants, said Brigadier General Pat Ryder, a Pentagon spokesperson. Instead, the military units will play a supporting role, assisting with transportation, administrative duties, narcotics detection, data entry and warehouse support.

The deployment approved by Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin was requested by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), which said the move was warranted due to "an anticipated increase in migration." In a statement Tuesday, the department said the presence of additional military units would "free up" border officials to "perform their critical law enforcement missions."

Military personnel, DHS stressed, "have never, and will not, perform law enforcement activities or interact with migrants." A federal law dating back to 1878 generally prohibits the military from conducting civilian law enforcement.

The move to send military units to the southern border is designed to ease some of the pressure on Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials, who are preparing for a sharp increase in crossings once they can no longer expel migrants under Title 42, the public health restriction first enacted in March 2020. The policy is set to end on May 11, once the national COVID-19 public health emergency expires.

Troy Miller, the top official at CBP, recently told Congress that his agency is preparing for as many as 10,000 migrants to cross the southern border every day after the end of Title 42, which would almost double the daily average in March. Daily migrant arrivals have already increased to more than 7,000 in recent days.

The military has been asked to support U.S. border officials multiple times since 2006, under both Republican and Democratic administrations. Former President Donald Trump's administration authorized dozens of high-profile and often controversial deployments as part of a broader crack down on illegal border crossings.

Late last month, President Biden gave the Pentagon emergency authorization to assist Homeland Security officials in efforts to combat international drug trafficking.

Roughly 2,500 National Guard troops are already at the southern border to support CBP. One U.S. official said their mission will be unchanged by the new deployment.
    Hopefully this goes better than the National Guardsmen sent to the Texas border.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post

Hopefully this goes better than the National Guardsmen sent to the Texas border.
    Well considering they have been exploiting title 42 to deny the migrants their constitutionally protected rights, can definitely expect a massive surge when they can no longer exploit it.

Title 42 is something both Trump and Biden exploited to keep migrants out. Being able to legally request asylum is part of our system from the start.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Well considering they have been exploiting title 42 to deny the migrants their constitutionally protected rights, can definitely expect a massive surge when they can no longer exploit it.

Title 42 is something both Trump and Biden exploited to keep migrants out. Being able to legally request asylum is part of our system from the start.
    Because SCOTUS(Roberts) ruled in December that Administration has to keep enforcing title 42. Title 42 was supposed to end in December, but a bunch of GOP Attorney Generals gamed the courts.

This is directly related to the SCOTUS taking over the Executive Branch thread.... Too bad a bunch of bedwetters derailed and cried to get it locked.

Its like their low information takes are putting vulnerable peoples in harms way.

There's an over 2 million people backlog in the immigration system unless these guys are judges and administrative assistants they are just going to add to the mess not help.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Because SCOTUS(Roberts) ruled in December that Administration has to keep enforcing title 42. Title 42 was supposed to end in December, but a bunch of GOP Attorney Generals gamed the courts.

This is directly related to the SCOTUS taking over the Executive Branch thread.... Too bad a bunch of bedwetters derailed and cried to get it locked.

Its like their low information takes are putting vulnerable peoples in harms way.
    And there was also reporting on how the white house let out a sigh of relief when he did according the "Last Week Tonight" with John Oliver, they just had an episode on Title 42 less than a week ago.

Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Texas Guardsmen weren’t sent to the border. They were sent to guard the property of wealthy donors.