Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Whistleblower X.

Finally, a hearing to look forward to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Finally, a hearing to look forward to.
    It's probably going to be more like this:

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/14/11876...iven-repayment

More than 804,000 federal student loan borrowers are in for a pleasant surprise.

While the Supreme Court scuttled President Biden's efforts at widespread debt forgiveness, these borrowers are about to get an email from the U.S. Department of Education, notifying them that their debts will soon be automatically erased.

The forgiveness is the result of a promise made last year by the Biden administration in response to years of complaints, lawsuits and an NPR investigation that found that many long-time borrowers who should have qualified for loan forgiveness under the rules of the government's income-driven repayment plans (IDR) hadn't received it because of mismanagement by the department and loan servicers.
    Not what folks are hoping for exactly, (Thanks SCOTUS!) but making more incremental progress on addressing student loan debt where they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Still, though, that's pretty significant. Not millions of people getting relief but quite a few.
    It's important to contextualize this "relief" as what the government had agreed to and what loan servicers (because they are absolute dogshit) were not doing. "Pay payments X long" or "do public service Y amount of time" and get your loans erased, that was the deal. Now they're just properly honoring that deal.

This isn't the government going above and beyond, this is the government holding up their end of the deal.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/12/biden-...ato-after-war/

NY Post link is intentional here.

President Biden ridiculed a reporter Wednesday by saying that Ukraine would join NATO “an hour and 20 minutes” after the end of its war with Russia and mockingly calling the question “really insightful.”

Biden bristled at an American journalist at the conclusion of his public meeting with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky during the annual NATO summit in Lithuania’s capital.

“How soon after the war would you like to join NATO?” a reporter asked Zelensky, who had criticized the Atlantic alliance for withholding an invitation to join until after the war.

Biden answered the question instead.

“An hour and 20 minutes,” said the president, adding jeeringly, “You guys ask really insightful questions.”
    I'm surprised this isn't getting him more praise from the right given his total pwnage of the media. Either way, Dank Robinette still has a few zingers left in the magazine.

I'm surprised this isn't getting him more praise from the right given his total pwnage of the media.
    They can't. Not when the narrative is that the nefarious Mainstream Media (by which they mean literally everyone except themselves/Fox) is in the pocket of the Radical Left (by which they mean centrist Dems).

The takeaway here is going to be exactly what you see in that ridiculous comments section: "Supporting Ukraine means provoking Russia! If we just let them roll over whatever country they want, they wouldn't be a threat!"

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The takeaway here is going to be exactly what you see in that ridiculous comments section: "Supporting Ukraine means provoking Russia! If we just let them roll over whatever country they want, they wouldn't be a threat!"
    You're a braver soul than I. I'm not sure I can handle the NY Post comments section.

10+ Year Old Account
    making more incremental progress on addressing student loan debt where they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Still, though, that's pretty significant. Not millions of people getting relief but quite a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    This isn't the government going above and beyond, this is the government holding up their end of the deal.
    I'm glad at least something got done. Student loans are bullshit enough, and yes, I say that as someone who works in higher ed (state university). Fraudulent student loans were unforgivable, in every sense of the word, during DeVos and could have been my biggest moral issue with Trump's tenure if he hadn't, you know, killed a million people, blackmailed the country now standing up to Russia, or started a murderous insurrection.

Thanks, Biden. Money being an insurmountable obstacle between an American citizen and a job with a living wage is bullshit. This was a step in the right direction.

You're a braver soul than I. I'm not sure I can handle the NY Post comments section.
    I didn't know what to expect, tbh.

Joey's been sniffing kids again ..Creepy

Footage showed him lean in and sniff the child while her mom laughed at them

The girl looked furious and pulled furious faces as president tried to engage her

Biden was later branded 'strange' and 'creepy' for the interaction on social media

http://https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12300283/Joe-Biden-pretends-gobble-little-girl-sniffing-Finland.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo88 View Post
    Biden was later branded 'strange' and 'creepy' for the interaction on social media
    That's nice, dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo88 View Post
    Joey's been sniffing kids again ..Creepy

Footage showed him lean in and sniff the child while her mom laughed at them

The girl looked furious and pulled furious faces as president tried to engage her

http://https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12300283/Joe-Biden-pretends-gobble-little-girl-sniffing-Finland.html
    "old man blows raspberries on very young child in attempt to make it laugh while mother was standing there the whole time and had no issue with the behavior. more on this shockingly normal and non-controversial opinions at 11"

the same crowd that thinks ordering pizza is actually child sex traffickings opinion doesn't really matter on the issue tbh

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's so great to make issues out of literally nothing.....

meanwhile the same crowd ignores that their "president" wants to fuck his own adult daughter.........................
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2023-07-15 at 08:45 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. I wanna say old people do weird shit, like invading personal space and wanting/giving kisses against people’s will, but surely our President should know it’s inappropriate and can be deemed, as you say, “creepy”.

Tho… it looked more like weird kisses than “sniffing”, idk.
    You "democrats" sure do like making stuff out of nothing, eh?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ll condemn inappropriate behavior when I see it
    You're not really a qualified judge of inappropriate behavior, is the thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I’ll condemn inappropriate behavior when I see it
    the kids mom didn't care, mom was totally fine with it. mom is the only one whose opinion matters on this subject

but here we'll go talking about it because conservatives still don't have a substantive policy disagreement to discuss or literally anything actually relevant to Biden and the job he's doing after their attempt to attach the Bidenomics anchor to his neck ended up being another self own

I have no allegiance to Biden
    Nobody does, rofl, what party do you think this is?

10+ Year Old Account
    I sure af don’t go rubbing my face into other peoples kids, invading their personal space and kissing them without consent. Children don’t understand what’s happening — she doesn’t know it’s the President.
    You're just so fucking desperate to serve this nothingburger and insist to the rest of us that it's actually a gourmet meal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sure af don’t go rubbing my face into other peoples kids, invading their personal space and kissing them without consent.
    Nah you just spend your time lying and regurgitating whatever crap you've read on Twitter, which is totally appropriate behavior.

I do think it's funny how you "parental rights" freaks conveniently ignore the fact the parent in this situation seemed to think there wasn't anything inappropriate about it.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you frequently ignore how children may be feeling in the situation, just because the parent thinks it’s “okay”?
    I'm not the one who's been bitching about "muh parental rights" for the past three years, habibi.

Plus it's exceedingly obvious you don't actually give a shit how children feel. It's always about how you feel, but using children as a fig leaf.

10+ Year Old Account
    So do you think it was okay for a stranger to invade this child’s personal space, rubbing his face on her and giving her kisses without the child’s consent? Cause agin, this is a small child who only sees this as a stranger, and who very clearly recoils towards her mum initially.

She’s uncomfortable. The mother and Biden put her in that position. Respect children’s personal space and don’t kiss kids that aren’t yours.

It’s pretty simple.
    "Shaking hands and kissing babies" is an age-old American idiom for political campaigning.

Your hand-wringing is entirely performative and represents nothing but your personal animus against the Democrats.