Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I had said way early in Biden's reign that he was doing a terrible job and people disagreed. Now we're on the verge of war and people are starting to think.. maybe the people who disagree with Biden were right!! Don't feed echo chambers on any sides of the spectrum.

Inflation
    Inner administration problems
    broken promises
    no student debt waved
    marijuana still illegal across many states
    people are quitting their jobs
    pandemic is rising everyday
    democrat party is burning to the ground
    losing blue seats

kamala also turned out to be a terrible VP to my surprise. I liked her but she's an absolute bitch.
    LOL nice list of things that are out of Biden/president's control.

I'll speak specifically about inflation and maybe one other since your list is just silly and very random.

50% of inflation is in 3 very specific places. Energy, New Cars and Used Cars. All which are things that take a long time to occur and fix. With energy being the thing that drives most other inflation, or at least gives producers an excuse to jack prices up.

To blame energy or vehicles on Biden is just silly. Even if you look at US production numbers it all started back during 2018-2020 drop. Even Rig count dropped from a peak of 1100 to 550 before covid hit / shutdowns began and 250 when it did hit. By the time Biden took over it was at 374. Now it's back at 560+.
    Opec/Russia cut production way too much during covid to take advantage of once again being in total control of price and supply. On top of all that you had massive debt problems in shale all occurring during the "drill drill drill" phase push of the prior admin. Great job, bankrupting a lot of production that even if they wanted to can no longer afford to go back online.
    All way before Biden was close to winning the election.

Energy is not following supply and demand at this point it's all driven by speculators like it has in the past once it goes above 70 a barrel.

So how does a president hold responsibility for inflation when most of its out of his control? How does a president stop a year and a half of spending and demand from hitting the market all at once driving massive inflation? Want Biden to force those rigs back online? To invade OPEC and take over oil supply?

On top of all this business profit margins are at historic records. Which shows they are taking advantage of everyone blaming the administration for inflation while they pad the price increases with much larger margins while they can deflect blame. How is a president to blame for this? Time to nationalize umm, the economy??

"people quitting their jobs". You left out the part that the vast vast majority of them quit for BETTER JOBS. The second biggest bucket was retirement which was predicted decades ago. Third biggest bucket, unaffordability of childcare. President's fault? This drives inflation because of massive 5% wage gains, way above the prior administration. Would have helped controlled inflation if the prior administration did not have a total clamp down on immigration. Immigration is the only thing that is going to prevent a massive baby boomer drive labor shortage for the next 10-15 years, but you have a total roadblock by republicans. Hey let's blame Biden!!

Let's not even talk about a 20-year logjam on wage growth at the bottom end of labor that has just busted through. But let's blame 20+ years of zero wage growth on Biden!!

Sure, Biden made some bad moves with stimulus being so broad instead of focused.
    His administration failed to act fast on inflation and dismissed it expecting energy to fix itself and massive production to come back quickly. Why produce more when you can just overcharge for what you have and it still Easly meets demand.

Be careful what you wish for, all the things the republicans are asking for will drive the stock market lower, interest rates higher and have a very good chance of causing even more pain than inflation.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Biden and dems haven't done everything I'd want them to do yet, but you have to be living in a fantasy world to think they haven't gotten a lot done and improved the country.

I'd expect right wingers to, by default, claim they've done nothing but bad and that the country is worse. It's what they would say no matter what so their words hold no value. They just demonstrated during the Trump years that they are willing to completely ignore reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I'd expect right wingers to, by default, claim they've done nothing but bad and that the country is worse. It's what they would say no matter what so their words hold no value. They just demonstrated during the Trump years that they are willing to completely ignore reality.
    It's terrible whenever you go to any right-wing trash "news" site and you just see comments like, Biden's America has ruined the country!

I feel like grabbing every one of these idiots and yelling in their face, Good, then leave you fucking idiot, while violently shaking them.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    You seriously think "do what I say or I'll have your family criminally investigated" is a standard by which the president should operate? What the fuck is wrong with you?

I'll also remind you that "the president should pressure congress to execute his will" is precisely backwards from what the founders built and how they structured the system as a result, which is that congress has all the power to tell the president no.
    Lol, do you think he would be the first or last president to do that? If you think that, there’s something with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    "people quitting their jobs". You left out the part that the vast vast majority of them quit for BETTER JOBS. The second biggest bucket was retirement which was predicted decades ago. Third biggest bucket, unaffordability of childcare. President's fault? This drives inflation because of massive 5% wage gains, way above the prior administration. Would have helped controlled inflation if the prior administration did not have a total clamp down on immigration. Immigration is the only thing that is going to prevent a massive baby boomer drive labor shortage for the next 10-15 years, but you have a total roadblock by republicans. Hey let's blame Biden!!
    Just like to note that "people quitting their jobs" is, absent other issues, a positive thing. The goal of society should be to reduce the size of its labor force, not increase it; a smaller labor force means more-productive, more-efficient labor. Needing to desperately employ as many people as possible is a demonstration of a failing economy, not a strong economy.

It's only a negative if it's paired with high unemployment, but then it would be phrased more as "people getting fired from their jobs", not "people quitting".

And where's unemployment? https://www.bls.gov/charts/employmen...yment-rate.htm

There was a steady decline from 2009 under Obama to Spring 2020, where it spiked WAY up from 3.5% to nearly 15%. And then slammed right back down a couple months later; this was a momentary blip due to the pandemic's early days, and early lockdowns. It steadily fell from that peak in April 2020 (note that this was during Trump's term as President), and is currently back down at 3.9%, nearly the lowest it's been in 20 years.

So people are "quitting some jobs", but unemployment isn't spiking, meaning everyone who wants to work is managing to find work, with a small percentage that are unemployed at any given moment (you'll never get unemployment to 0% and 4-6% is generally considered "healthy").

If that's causing a problem for employers, that's a good thing. Those employers should offer higher wages and better work conditions. Or shut down. That's a positive; abusive employers shutting down because nobody wants to work there is a good thing for society.

I swear, framing everything in economics so the only perspective that's considered is that of wealthy, exploitative business owners, and not that of workers, really says everything you need to understand about where the flaws are in an economic system. If it's better for workers and worse for business owners, good. Maybe some of these inequities will start to ease themselves a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Like I said, it's a nuanced issue. Yes, Manchin/Sinema and the GOP are coming in the way of his agenda.

However, it's well documented that Biden can do a LOT by executive order, none of which he has done.

Furthermore, he can quite easily put pressure on people like Manchin if he so desired. The man has a daughter who can be investigated by the AG tomorrow, and somehow he's behaving like someone who has no pressure on him at all? Biden's just too weak to do anything.
    I don't think Biden has put any pressure at all on Manchin at least not publicly he has been light touch. There's also the fact that his heart is not in it, progressive groups have been sounding the alarm for his entire administration about these Jim Crow laws and he has barely talked about it compared to his focus on the infrastructure bill. Biden never changed he is the original Joe Manchin what I don't understand is why his administration kept comparing him to FDR when they knew better.

https://twitter.com/townhallcom/stat...39777920057348

Biden, responding to a stupid question about if "inflation is a liability" under his breath and not realizing he's on a live mic says that Fox News's Peter Ducey is a "stupid son-of-a-bitch".

And conservatives seem VERY upset about this.

Once again, I thought they like a guy who "says it like it is" and doesn't care about the feelings of others?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If that's causing a problem for employers, that's a good thing. Those employers should offer higher wages and better work conditions. Or shut down. That's a positive; abusive employers shutting down because nobody wants to work there is a good thing for society.
    I really wish this was brought up more. People keep acting like a business deserves to remain in business just by virtue of being a business. A business should only remain open if they are able to make enough revenue to cover their expenses; which includes paying their employees a livable wage at bare minimum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden's reign
    Presidents don't reign, you filthy monarchist.
    /s

I had said way early in Biden's reign that he was doing a terrible job and people disagreed. Now we're on the verge of war and people are starting to think.. maybe the people who disagree with Biden were right!! Don't feed echo chambers on any sides of the spectrum.

Inflation
    broken promises
    no student debt waved
    losing blue seats

kamala also turned out to be a terrible VP to my surprise. I liked her but she's an absolute bitch.
    Considering you supported what is easily the most corrupt and incompetent administration in history, this doesn't make much sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/townhallcom/stat...39777920057348

Biden, responding to a stupid question about if "inflation is a liability" under his breath and not realizing he's on a live mic says that Fox News's Peter Ducey is a "stupid son-of-a-bitch".

And conservatives seem VERY upset about this.

Once again, I thought they like a guy who "says it like it is" and doesn't care about the feelings of others?
    Biden isn't wrong tho

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Lol, do you think he would be the first or last president to do that? If you think that, there’s something with you.
    That doesn't make it right, or even desirable. "Do this or I'll arrest you" is way the fuck up there on the list of authoritarian bullshit that we definitely shouldn't be doing. I'm not fool enough to think it doesn't happen, but the idea that you actively want that is insane.

Inflation
    broken promises
    no student debt waved
    losing blue seats

Literally nothing you listed, Biden can do anything about or by himself. So I don't know why you are blaming fucking Biden.

Meanwhile you support Trump, who never followed through on any of his campaign promises.

And Kamala is better than Pence, Pence literally did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Literally nothing you listed, Biden can do anything about or by himself. So I don't know why you are blaming fucking Biden.
    I already know his mindset. It's because when good stuff happened while Trump was president, even if he played no role, it only happened because of Trump. Trump certainly took credit for everything he could and gullible people believed it. Therefore, when bad stuff happens while Biden is president it must be Biden's fault. That's of course ignoring that many of those things existed under Trump's reign, but hey cognitive dissonance is required in today's politics.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Literally nothing you listed, Biden can do anything about or by himself.
    Thousands of posts on the Trump idolization thread(Democratic party complaint catchall thread) say the President is to blame for all covid related topics, why else would it dominate that thread every day for years? If it was always Trump's fault, why is it not Biden's fault now?

Biden showed today what he really thinks of Fox news and it's reporters at the press conference. Doubt he'll apologize for calling a reporter a stupid son of a bitch, but hey at least you get unfiltered Biden. The world would have ended if Trump called a ABC/NBC/CBS reporter a stupid son of a bitch, but I doubt this will even get mentioned most places.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Thousands of posts on the Trump idolization thread(Democratic party complaint catchall thread) say the President is to blame for all covid related topics, why else would it dominate that thread every day for years? If it was always Trump's fault, why is it not Biden's fault now?

Biden showed today what he really thinks of Fox news and it's reporters at the press conference. Doubt he'll apologize for calling a reporter a stupid son of a bitch, but hey at least you get unfiltered Biden. The world would have ended if Trump called a ABC/NBC/CBS reporter a stupid son of a bitch, but I doubt this will even get mentioned most places.
    Who asked?

The world would have ended if Trump called a ABC/NBC/CBS reporter a stupid son of a bitch, but I doubt this will even get mentioned most places.
    Yeah, because Trump never eeeeeever disparaged news reporters pretty much every conference he held. I suppose that behavior is acceptable as long as "potty language" isn't used. Though I'll give credit that he showed disdain to their faces and didn't have to be caught on a hot mic.

"Only I can fix everything." - Donald Trump

We didn't set the measure for Trump, he did. Stop complaining about his own benchmark.

Biden showed today what he really thinks of Fox news and it's reporters at the press conference. Doubt he'll apologize for calling a reporter a stupid son of a bitch, but hey at least you get unfiltered Biden.
    I thought y'all liked a guy who "tells it like it is" and doesn't care about others feelings?

The world would have ended if Trump called a ABC/NBC/CBS reporter a stupid son of a bitch, but I doubt this will even get mentioned most places.
    I'll take, "Strawmen that don't exist." for $1,000, Alex.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...tch-rnc-480748

Meanwhile, Trump is literally calling his own members of his party a "dumb son of a bitch" and I'm not seeing conservatives throwing a hissy fit demanding he apologize.

Sad. Low energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there some massive policy failure related to Covid that needs to be blamed on Biden?

There was, with Trump.

Biden showed today what he really thinks of Fox news and it's reporters at the press conference. Doubt he'll apologize for calling a reporter a stupid son of a bitch, but hey at least you get unfiltered Biden.
    Was the reporter a stupid son of a bitch?

Oh, it's Doocy, asking a stupid-ass dumbshit question, and totally earning that response. Of course.

Let's visit reality for a moment, shall we?

There's Trump, mocking a reporter, not because of professional incompetence as with Biden and Doocy, but just the fact that said reporter was disabled.

Literally no one had an issue with Trump condemning a reporter. They had an issue with him mocking him for his disability.

So, swing and a miss, TexasRules. RealityRules says you're making shit up again.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lie elsewhere. no one here believes your bullshit.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...uy-questions-4
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.