Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Don't you get to customize a Bronzebeard as either Bronzebeard or Wildhammer?
    don't you get to customize your Mag'har as either Blackrock, Burning Blade, Laughing Skull, Shadowmoon, Shattered Hand, Bleeding Hollow, Frostwolf, Thunderlord or Warsong?

It's not me whose being ignorant to the lore: "the only orcs seen wielding the power of the Light have been under the thrall of the Lightbound." that would, essentially, make you a Lightbound orc - and they didn't join the Horde along with the Mag'har.

I guess people didn't understand what i meant when i opened this thread. i meant lore-wise. where would you, guys, send these characters to. i expect you to explain and elaborate why - not just state your intentions.
    No, you don't get to customize your Mag'har as a Blackrock, Burning Blade, etc. You chose skins that once could be atributed to one or another clan, but all those clans became extinct once the Mag'har Clans were born as a singular Clan - hence why you don't find a "Shadowmoon Darkcaster" - it's all Mag'har Darkcaster. Hence why Geya'rah overlords over it all, while the Bronzebeard, Wildhammer and Dark Iron still have their respective leaders.

And yes, you are being ignorant of the lore. There's no mention of only Lightbound using the power of the Light.

We understood the meaning of the thread, we just don't agree with your headcanon.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    No, you don't get to customize your Mag'har as a Blackrock, Burning Blade, etc. You chose skins that once could be atributed to one or another clan, but all those clans became extinct once the Mag'har Clans were born as a singular Clan - hence why you don't find a "Shadowmoon Darkcaster" - it's all Mag'har Darkcaster. Hence why Geya'rah overlords over it all, while the Bronzebeard, Wildhammer and Dark Iron still have their respective leaders.

And yes, you are being ignorant of the lore. There's no mention of only Lightbound using the power of the Light.

We understood the meaning of the thread, we just don't agree with your headcanon.
    in Orgrimmar, each clan is represented by a particular type of recurring Mag'har NPC: Deadeyes, Grunts, and Warders for the Blackrock, Impalers for the Bleeding Hollow, Blademasters for the Burning Blade, Warriors for the Frostwolf, Limbflayers for the Laughing Skull, Darkcasters for the Shadowmoon, Rippers for the Shattered Hand, Giantslayers for the Thunderlord, and Outriders for the Warsong.

Unlike other heritage armors, the Heritage of the Mag'har comes in multiple recolors to represent the different orcish clans.

Ancestral Call provides one of the following buffs for 15 seconds:

Ferocity of the Frostwolf (Mastery)
    Might of the Blackrock (Versatility)
    Zeal of the Burning Blade (Haste)
    Rictus of the Laughing Skull (Critical strike)

There's no need to distinct each one of the clans, if they didn't matter whatsoever, according to your words.

This argument of "you can't prove me wrong" is redundant. you are the one who has to show that Mag'har use the light.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    in Orgrimmar, each clan is represented by a particular type of recurring Mag'har NPC: Deadeyes, Grunts, and Warders for the Blackrock, Impalers for the Bleeding Hollow, Blademasters for the Burning Blade, Warriors for the Frostwolf, Limbflayers for the Laughing Skull, Darkcasters for the Shadowmoon, Rippers for the Shattered Hand, Giantslayers for the Thunderlord, and Outriders for the Warsong.

Unlike other heritage armors, the Heritage of the Mag'har comes in multiple recolors to represent the different orcish clans.

Ancestral Call provides one of the following buffs for 15 seconds:

Ferocity of the Frostwolf (Mastery)
    Might of the Blackrock (Versatility)
    Zeal of the Burning Blade (Haste)
    Rictus of the Laughing Skull (Critical strike)

There's no need to distinct each one of the clans, if they didn't matter whatsoever, according to your words.
    Those NPCs are part of the Mag'har, not part of the old clans. They are references to the old clans because the Mag'har were born from those old clans - hence they inherit their ranks and methods.

Ancestral Call is literally that: A call to the Orcish Ancestors. Long gone, part of the old clans that don't exist anymore. No one here is saying that those old clans didn't matter - they did, they still do (Geya'rah tasks you into recognizing their banners in Gorgrond), but they are no more.

This argument of "you can't prove me wrong" is redundant. you are the one who has to show that Mag'har use the light.

Just because you actually can't prove me wrong doesn't mean it's redundant. Every playable Mag'har Orc Priest learns Holy magic by default - the game isn't non canon just because you are ignorant of it's lore.

Those NPCs are part of the Mag'har, not part of the old clans. They are references to the old clans because the Mag'har were born from those old clans - hence they inherit their ranks and methods.

Ancestral Call is literally that: A call to the Orcish Ancestors. Long gone, part of the old clans that don't exist anymore. No one here is saying that those old clans didn't matter - they did, they still do (Geya'rah tasks you into recognizing their banners in Gorgrond), but they are no more.

Just because you actually can't prove me wrong doesn't mean it's redundant. Every playable Mag'har Orc Priest learns Holy magic by default - the game isn't non canon just because you are ignorant of it's lore.
    and who is that, exactly?

It's a game mechanic. Blizzard would not prohibit you from using the Holy and Discipline specializations. It's like playable Void elves being able to be Holy priests, but they are, clearly, Void users. or playable Lightforged Draenei being able to be Void priests, but are, clearly, Light users.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-11-23 at 09:18 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    and who is that, exactly?

It's a game mechanic. Blizzard would not prohibit you from using the Holy and Discipline specializations. It's like playable Void elves being able to be Holy priests, but they are, clearly, Void users. or playable Lightforged Draenei being able to be Void priests, but are, clearly, Light users.
    It's a playable Mag'har Orc. Canon.

There's nothing in the lore saying that the playable Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei can't learn Holy and Shadow magic from Alliance Priest trainers - that's just your headcanon.
    Last edited by A Chozo; 2020-11-23 at 09:40 PM.

It's a playable Mag'har Orc. Canon.

There's nothing in the lore saying that the playable Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei can't learn Holy and Shadow magic from Alliance Priest trainers - that's just your headcanon.
    Posting a picture of your character does not make it canon in lore. you can decide you are a transgender night elf tauren hybrid, with powers equal to those of the Jailer. but, that wouldn't make it grounded in lore, would it?

Nothing says god doesn't exist, there isn't a pink elephant floating behind you right now, unicorns do not exist, and i can go on and on... saying "nothing can disprove it" does not prove your point.

I was really torn between Vanthyr / Necrolords. Going Necrolords on my corrupted guardian / feral druid. Solid solo and pvp gamer conduits and i love the leather mog. The mount is ugly but i am a druid anyway.

They also have the cutest Kitty pet common!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread is not about the Mag'har or the Light, let's drop the derailing and irrelevant argument and return to the actual purpose of the thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Comment removed.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-11-24 at 12:58 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I was really torn between Vanthyr / Necrolords. Going Necrolords on my corrupted guardian / feral druid. Solid solo and pvp gamer conduits and i love the leather mog. The mount is ugly but i am a druid anyway.

They also have the cutest Kitty pet common!
    It would be fun if there were a way to shapeshift into a goo kitty.

Good choice of Covenants, some Druids are really war-like in their behaviour. To protect the wild, you must also guard the wild. People like Thaon Moonclaw would be excellent Necrolords.

Kyrian - LF Draenei Paladin | Pandaren Priest | Draenei Warrior | Gnome Mage | Dwarf Hunter | Zandalari Druid | Mecha Gnome Rogue | Goblin Shaman
    Night Fae - Worgen Druid | HM Tauren Hunter | Pandaren Rogue | Tauren Paladin |
    Necrolords - Orc DK | Maghar Orc Warrior | Troll Warlock | Kul Tiran Monk | Night Elf DH | DI Dwarf Shaman | Vulpera Rogue | Forsaken Mage
    Venthyr - Void Elf Warlock | Nightborne Priest | Human DK | Blood Elf DH