Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thottbot as the one and true source of knowledge.

The original Night Elf epic mount was a pure white cat, called Reins of the Ancient Frostsaber. Got removed from the game in patch 1.4, exactly 1 week before i finally collected the 1000 gold. I still can't get over missing that beauty and i passionately hate every new cat model with saddle since that.

im so old i remember hunters and rogues usin bucklers. and also rogues havin to gain stealth skillups may be?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I remember back when you got credited one day for the games' extended downtime on a regular basis.

I remember when the games' music composers were actually mentioned in the game credits. R.I.P.
    Wish they would have kept this around. Work overnight on the east coast, maintenance time is during my only play time. Drives me insane when they say 1 hour and it ends up being like 5 but they only update it when the hour is almost up

7+ Year Old Account
    There were advertisements in Gamepro and Computer Gaming Monthly magazine for this new game called World of Warcraft coming soon. Cool. Welp back to UO and EQ grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    I am so old that I remember Dune II..
    Which inspired old Blizz guys to make WarCraft 1 and WarCraft 2...
    Which was the basis of WarCraft III...
    Which was the whole foundation of WoW...

So, all hail Westwood Studios! RIP
    Man, Dune II had some amazing music. To this day, I have a Dosemu setup with the .ADL files of the original music I extracted, which after a long search I found are only played accurately by a small DOS utility called RDOSPlay!

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember as a hunter taming pets to learn their special skills. Feeding pets, to keep them happy. Bags full of ammunition.

when I had my bags full of arrows as I was a hunter, or souls with my warlock. When I forgot feeding mu hunter pet and she went away from me, you had to feed your pets to make them happy and stay with you. And when nobody in my realm was 60 as blizzard created the spanish servers for spaniard players and all of us create a char in those new realms
    Last edited by Selennah; 2020-11-23 at 09:18 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewane View Post
    The shard grinds. <3

My memory is a bit hazy (except for remembering how tedious it was), but didn't you also need to get the killing blow with drain soul to get a shard, making it hard for people to assist in the grind?
    NO thankfully. You just had to drain soul before it died which is why locks used to always drain soul on trash inside raids to replenish their shards.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Some are not that old, but what I don't miss at old as a hunter is to not being able to shot at melee range (that's nº1), laying traps at melee range and having a bag occuped by ammunition or pet food... but I miss for example having to do an attunement to get into a raid. The onyxia's lair attunement is one of the best experiences I can remember about.

The Gates of Ahn Qiraj opening.

The Blizzard website that tracked amusing statistics the weekly "most lethal enemies" (Moonbrook casters almost always on the top 10) or the "most auctioned item".

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter pets that abandoned you didn't feed them and such.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I remember patch 1.10 'Storms of Azeroth' which introduced weather in game, patch 1.11 and Scourge invasion which was pretty hard to do.
    Also STV was called 'Vietnam' back then, and for a reason.
    And of course nice tactic to pull Baron Geddon via hunter's pet to the Garr's place in MC. Was fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old talent trees i mean really old for example arcane explosion casting time reduction.

I remember the countless times paladins got their talents reset in Vanilla due to tree revamps.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hunters kiting devilsaurs n thunderaan to crossroads to scare the lowbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yavimawa View Post
    I'm so old I remember when WoW had interesting and engaging itemisation system that wasn't just a 'gear score' and required actual gear optimisation to be efficient
    How does one remember something that never existed?

On topic, soul shard bags, mounts taking up inventory space in your bags, my key ring, doing quests to unlock my demons, bunch of other random things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    How does one remember something that never existed?

On topic, soul shard bags, mounts taking up inventory space in your bags, my key ring, doing quests to unlock my demons, bunch of other random things.
    Oh look at Mr. Edgy Guy. Vanilla WoW and TBC for sure had nice and fun itemization.

3+ Year Old Account
    i remember when we had a community that didnt cry for everything that was in the game....oh wait
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.