Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    i remember when we had a community that didnt cry for everything that was in the game....oh wait
    No one is THAT old.

I'm old enough to remember when abandoning your pet as a hunter actually killed it. You got a message that it died in the chat box. It was traumatizing.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    When people pretended there was a community because it would take 4 hours in chat to put together a group for a dungeon; only to waste half your Saturday off from work putting together a group, going to the dungeon and having a person "Oh I forgot I have to eat dinner" then leaving the group. Then you got to go back to town for another hour to look for a replacement. There was no better sense of friendship and community than spending hours sitting in Ironforge looking to put together a group instead of playing the game.

Now when I want to play the game, I get to actually play the game, with minimal time wasted forming a group, instead of spamming the same message in chat over and over for literally hours. F-you blizz, for destroying "the community".
    Boy that is a little jaded. On my server you met people that way that you liked to play with, or avoid. Then over time either you guilded with them or had become in game fiends. Within like 6 months I had a large list of people to reach out to (or they ping me) when I wanted to run one. So yeah human interaction took some effort, but absolutely there was a community. You knew the good tanks, the good healers, the ninjas etc the asshats. Getting a group was never that hard.

But to stay on theme of the thread, I remember when Barrens chat was all about Chuck Norris, like 24/7.
    "Peace is a lie"

I remember the pre-Wrath launch zombie infection event...as frustrating and fun. (Which became a real-life headache for Blizz)

But then the game was fun for me too.

Separate auction houses for each capital city and checking out the darnassus one out of desperation when looking for something

15+ Year Old Account
    When rogue poisons disappeared when entering/exiting an instance which meant buying the cheapest crippling poison if you were grinding wsg for high warlord.

When the pvp patch was released and TM was an FPS killer.

When everyone thought warlocks were garbage, especially in pvp. people realized fear had no diminishing returns. Sm\ruin. death coil gained its horror effect.

Drakedogs quitting video that was just him destroying his gear while Muse played.

AQ gates opening more times in one night than Biden winning the election.

Water dismounted you.

WC took 4 hours and you still didn’t finish.

Cloak of shadows was a sub final tier talent.

Isle of quel’das dailies. And that fucking trinket from the arena team boss. “Merely a setback.”

“[General]: Has anyone seen Rexxar??”

When capitals didn’t have linked trade channels

When servers were 70% alliance almost across the board.

Reckoning>Kazzak

Going to that rock in azshara for non-reusable water to douse mc runes.

That rock crevice for getting on top of the ledge in the middle of brm

Running circles on the bank roof in org.

The Dalaran bubble

Kiting world bosses to org so guards would kill it

“I thought ‘[Fuckfuck] Whispers: YOU ARE THE BOMB!’ meant I was doing really well.”

Did hunters mark never go away unless you died or it was dispelled or did the 2 min just feel like that?

Argent thing jousting dailies

Stacking that engineering thing to block off the bank in dalaran

Wearing t6 shoulders to make people think I had the pvp ones

Wsg/ab marks

Summoning that frost guy or the wolf riders at a bad time in av and alliance kiting them to guards like nothing had happened

Mail taking an hour even to alts

She deep breaths more

Before t2, core hounds tooth, and perditions blade received updated graphics and were the most deceptively generic looking gear in the game
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2020-11-23 at 02:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

People successfully hiding in the enemy base with the flag in WSG for the entire game to prevent the opposite team from scoring (under the sawmill at horde base was a popular spot to hide for alliance fc) because nameplates either didn't exist or no one enabled them (I really can't remember which one it was) + the ui didn't even display who was currently holding the flag

I 'member when you got a few days of gametime if you couldn't log in due to technical issues from blizz' side

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    NO thankfully. You just had to drain soul before it died which is why locks used to always drain soul on trash inside raids to replenish their shards.
    There was a time where you yourself had to be the one who got the KB. I remember this being frustrating in groups - or when your own pet got the KB and you didn’t get a shard! I can’t say when this was, because my memory doesn’t work in order, but I know this was a thing.

Another thing I forgot: riding with your pet beside you and when you entered combat, your pet started lagging behind because they activated their combat run speed instead of by-mount. So you nearly always had to summon a new pet when you reached where you wanted to go anyway. And this was back before the game refunded you soul shards from pets being out of range.

I remember when we used to play WoW by filling out a sheet of paper (tree mush) with all of our skills and abilities whatnot, and there would be a "Game Designer" that made "quests" for us to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    There was a time where you yourself had to be the one who got the KB. I remember this being frustrating in groups - or when your own pet got the KB and you didn’t get a shard! I can’t say when this was, because my memory doesn’t work in order, but I know this was a thing
    Farming a bag of shards outside burning steppes before every raid just so people would take forever to accept the healthstone trade or click the portal. I’m sure mages can relate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm so old that I remember when games like Asteroids was cutting edge gaming and you had to leave the basement and stand in front of and pay to play for a few minutes. A handful of quarters in front of the Galaga arcade game at the local grocery store while mom did the families weekly food shopping were good times for a young me.

5+ Year Old Account
    I remember when...

- Hunters had to buy their ammo.
    - Mana was a thing. When healers and casters would go oom on the first few pulls.
    - 1g was a lot of gold.
    - getting your first mount was a big deal.
    - you had to talk to people to form groups.
    - WoW was still fun.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    I remember when we had chubby ogres and Tauren had Plainsrunning.

What other fond or odd memories do you have about the course of this game's history? Share them here!
    I remember troll specs like Balance in PvE or Fire in PvP
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTripleZero View Post
    Grinding weapon skill.
    *PTSD flashbacks*
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    When hunters had to carry around ammo in their ammo bags. Still remember the one time I ran out mid-dungeon and I had to go into town real quick to get more.

When you had to actually level up your skill in different weapon types to actually use them.

When servers felt like small neighborhoods. You'd actually get familiar with the people on that server and was able to connect with people much easier. Miss those days a lot.

When you had to spam general and trade chat for hours to get people for dungeons. Don't miss that at all.

When soul shards for warlocks were actual items you had to stock up on.

When WoW felt like an actual RPG adventure filled with danger and mystery.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I am so old, WOW didn't have GCD.....spam-tastic

i'm that old you needed keys to enter instances :|

I'm so old I remember when mmos including wow werent even invented yet.