Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I remember, probably wrong because its been years, when you could have thick/thin humans.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

I purposefully got "100,000 dishonorable kills" by killing fleeing civilians of Gnomergon.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Lol! I played DuneII back in the 90s at work, won against my boss He didn't like it, haha.
    We played Lost Wikings there, too ...
    Man, The Lost Vikings was awesome for its time. When I saw them in HOTS, I didn't even know that it was made by old Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cybernoid View Post
    Man, Dune II had some amazing music. To this day, I have a Dosemu setup with the .ADL files of the original music I extracted, which after a long search I found are only played accurately by a small DOS utility called RDOSPlay!
    You mean the beep, beeeeep, beeeep! That's what I remember!
    Ah, sorry, the sound card was not part of motherboard back in those days!

I remember the times that gear was relevant in pvp.

Nowadays you could have no gear and still in theory do and take equal damage to that of a maxed out player.

When wow had no Achievements..

Blink through dungeon entrances

10+ Year Old Account
    "... discs and boxes!"
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Rpg elements.
    Challenge through interesting game design.
    Uglier art but a much better game.
    didnt feel like a polished mobile game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    I'm so old I remember being able to play for 12hrs straight with no wife or kids that magically turned that number into 27minutes (on a good day).
    Underrated comment lol
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when wow was a good game and not another platform for politics and fringe agendas

10+ Year Old Account
    When the game had a real progression curve
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    When the game had a real progression curve
    You mean a parallel line with some slightly curves here and there?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quivers and ammunition, Mana on my Hunter. 60% mount speed being the average as no one could really afford 100%. "Dead zones" on Hunter's where they were too close for you to shoot but not close enough to melee. Itemization that had problems that required a therapist to sort out. Guilds had a purpose besides someone to chat to while you do LFG.
    Last edited by Malania; 2020-11-24 at 10:27 AM.

When hunter pets had a happiness level that got lower everytime they died and they could eventually abandon the hunter, and (of course) killing the pet first when ganking/corpse camping hunters

Say what you will about the negatives, the game seemed far more fun to play back then.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    I remember when we had chubby ogres and Tauren had Plainsrunning.

What other fond or odd memories do you have about the course of this game's history? Share them here!
    i remember when every expansion were unique, introduced new systems to the game.
    and then bfa and shadowlands happened

I remember when Hunters could equip Quivers and some of them looked pretty good.

I remember when the lore had consistency and didn't play out like a terribly written fan-fiction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sentry totem used to be bugged and you could jump off ledges, switch to the view of the totem, then your character would stop in mid air as if you were on an invisible platform. I tried it in Classic just to see, jumping into Ungoro from Tanaris and just died.

Also the old Farsight/Eagle Eye you could cap and capture things from the view of the sight, without having to be physically next to whatever you wanted to cap.

I realized that I was bummed out over versions of WoW that were just buggy, that's what made it fun.
    Flametongue was also bugged and did full dmg no matter what the speed of your weapon. This is what made daggers extremely strong back in the day for Shaman. You used to to use Sorc dagger (highest dps caster dagger in the game basically) or Lobotomizer with flametongue and just tear things apart.
    Flametongue also scaled with spell power and spell crit, it was dummy strong, but they fixed the weapon speed thing later on nerfing it.

I'm so old

That's it. There's nothing else.