7+ Year Old Account

Talking im really Enjoying the season!

just as the title states i like this season save for the lag from the clones xD.

what do you guys think about the season so far??

10+ Year Old Account
    I took a break for I think 3 seasons of D3 now. This current season does look appealing but haven't dived into it yet due to Shadowlands releasing.

What builds are you playing?

7+ Year Old Account
    i am currently pushing with WWrend barb with a In-geom in the 4th cube slot! was thinking of making a demon hunter but i am piss poor with ranged builds xD
    Last edited by snusrage; 2020-11-26 at 09:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by snusrage View Post
    what do you guys think about the season so far??
    Late reply, but I played this season and stopped, and did enjoyed the 4th cube slot, a lot! I could make my Fist of the Heavens Crusader tanky, in those T16 rifts. I speed run and never died.

I did not bother to push Greater Rifts, on the other hand, but the 4th cube slot was a given to use Fury of Heavens with Norvald fervor set, for once some mobility for the Crusader.

Cheers-

My problem with this season is pretty much the problem with all seasons.

Set Dungeons.

I despise them. They almost always have to do with my having to nerf my damage output in order to perform some kind of ridiculous gimmick maneuver that I would never actually use in regular gameplay. They don't do anything to improve my gameplay. And yet to get all the rewards of the season...you have to "master" at least one.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-01-15 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    My problem with this season is pretty much the problem with all seasons.

Set Dungeons.

I despise them. They almost always have to do with my having to nerf my damage output in order to perform some kind of ridiculous gimmick maneuver that I would never actually use in regular gameplay. They don't do anything to improve my gameplay. And yet to get all the rewards of the season...you have to "master" at least one.
    There is at least one set dungeon very easy to master for each class, maybie you should stick to these if you dislike them? Invoker for Crusader, Immortal king for barbs, ALL necro sets, and for the rest I don't quite remember but there are still guides on Icy-veins?

But I agree, these set dungeons are not very well implemented. Maybie they could allow to wear a fixed set of items at the entrance, and we would try the set dungeon with that, providing we collected the 6 set pieces before hand. Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    There is at least one set dungeon very easy to master for each class, maybie you should stick to these if you dislike them? Invoker for Crusader, Immortal king for barbs, ALL necro sets, and for the rest I don't quite remember but there are still guides on Icy-veins?

But I agree, these set dungeons are not very well implemented. Maybie they could allow to wear a fixed set of items at the entrance, and we would try the set dungeon with that, providing we collected the 6 set pieces before hand. Just an idea.

I shouldn't have to look for what the "easy" mastery set is.

I should be able to play the game the way I want to.

And what's worse is I chose to play a monk this season. The set that you get for completing the season journey as a monk...doesn't even have a set dungeon (Which seems to be them admitting that Set Dungeons do not work). So I would have to complete another set just to learn whatever stupid gimmick I need to use to "master" the set.

And, as I stated before, "Set Mastery" doesn't actually improve your gameplay. It teaches you how to nerf your build and gameplay in order to complete arbitrary objectives.

Set Mastery should be more like "Complete Greater Rift "X" in a solo run with a time of "Y" or less" or something like that. Any build you want, any gear you want (aside from having to have the 6 piece bonus)...just complete it under the time limit.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-01-15 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I shouldn't have to look for what the "easy" mastery set is.

I should be able to play the game the way I want to.

And what's worse is I chose to play a monk this season. The set that you get for completing the season journey as a monk...doesn't even have a set dungeon (Which seems to be them admitting that Set Dungeons do not work). So I would have to complete another set just to learn whatever stupid gimmick I need to use to "master" the set.

And, as I stated before, "Set Mastery" doesn't actually improve your gameplay. It teaches you how to nerf your build and gameplay in order to complete arbitrary objectives.

Set Mastery should be more like "Complete Greater Rift "X" in a solo run with a time of "Y" or less" or something like that. Any build you want, any gear you want (aside from having to have the 6 piece bonus)...just complete it under the time limit.
    Yes, that's generally the complaints D3 players who don't like set dungeons tell.

I have no complaint myself.

I completed mastery of all set dungeons (for the achievements), yes several set dungeons like the monks sets were tricky in the sense that I had to build the correct power, neither too much nor too little dps, and the objectives were not necessary what we think we have to do with these sets.

But 'now' I stick to the easy set dungeons, and I am fine. Now, as I understand it, your complaint is more "I have to farm" another set (the easy one). Well, if you want to get the Journey done, maybie some time is needed. Just saying. Cheers!
    Last edited by Aleax; 2021-01-15 at 02:01 AM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    Y
    But 'now' I stick to the easy set dungeons, and I am fine. Now, as I understand it, your complaint is more "I have to farm" another set (the easy one). Well, if you want to get the Journey done, maybie some time is needed. Just saying. Cheers!
    Yeah, you missed the point entirely then.

Farming an extra Set is not a big deal. I've got several sets just by doing all the other objectives. That's not the issue

The issue is this:

Blizzard doesn't make a Set dungeon for the Set that they give you as part of the Season Journey. Just think about that for a second. They make a set, use it as the Season's Journey reward, but they don't make a set dungeon for it. That right there is proof that not even they think that Set Dungeons are a worthwhile addition to the game. But they still force you to "Master" an entirely different set anyway in order to complete the Season Journey.

BTW, I have completed set Dungeons before. For a few different classes. I've done them on my non-seasonal characters and I've done them on some of my seasonal characters. I don't object to them because they are "hard". I'm not avoiding doing the Set Dungeon because they are hard. I object to them because they aren't fun. I avoid doing them because they aren't fun.

Let me ask you this...when you complete the Set Dungeon....do you say to yourself "Well that was fun...can't wait to do that again"? Or "Man, I want to do the next set now!"

No, you don't. And I know this because you yourself say you just do the easiest one you can. Meaning you just want to get it over with.

Sorry for the late reply.

I know I know, you don't like set dungeons. I liked the challenge for doing them all, and yes I do the easy ones now, it takes me less than a few minutes for the Journey.

Anyway I don't get your problem, you only need one easy set dungeon to master within a 3-4 months Season, just do it already,! It's not difficult, and it's VERY fast!

Set dungeons are here to stay as far as I know.