View Poll Results: Will Blizzard announce the next WoW expansion at BlizzConline?

Voters
153. This poll is closed
  • Yay!

2 1.31%
  • Nay!

151 98.69%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of /facepalming in this thread...

BfA was released August 14th 2018 - Essentially, 2 years and a bit over 3 months ago.

Blizzard has already moved far away from their previously desired "Yearly Expansion" model, because it's completely unfeasible and was just shareholders trying to blow smoke up Activision's ass.

Given this, Blizzcon 2022 would be the perfect timing to announce the next expansion they have in development, followed by a half-year of testing for a solid summer 2023 release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It'll be four months (it would have been 5 months if not for the delay), and Wrath was announced 6 months after the release of TBC.
    Poor example that is pretty out of the ordinary.

Cataclysm was announced in October 2010 (almost 2 years after the launch of Wrath... and only about 2-3 months before it was released).

I guess it must feel weird to put out an idea and have the community say NO, all 100% of us.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They could, in the "they are capable of doing so" sense. Not in the "they are likely to do so" one.

It's very dumb wordplay.
    Yeah sure, they 'could' announce the release of the next 10 expansions today as well. But yeah I get your point.

With BlizzCon 2021 taking place in February, do you think that's when Blizzard is going to announce the next WoW expansion, or do you think they'll announce it at Gamecon in the summer? I don't think that they're going to have a BlizzCon in the fall like they typically do.
    No. Definitely not.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

10+ Year Old Account
    No but we will probably see The Burning Crusade announced for Classic.

WoD-lite...coming soon!

I didn't realize there was an expiration date on history.

The point is that there is a precedent for Blizzard announcing the next expansion relatively quickly after releasing the previous one.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that's the thing; the only reason Blizzard is doing this is because the BlizzCon planned for October was cancelled. What if they don't have an in-person BlizzCon for 2021, and schedule the next in-person BlizzCon for fall 2022? That would push their announcements for the fall either forward to February, or back for fall 2022. There's no way they're going to let a WoW expansion announcement wait until the end of 2022, so that opens up the possibility of them moving it up the announcement to February.
    If they did that they would announce it in another venue like gamescom. It's too early for a new expansion announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Yeah sure, they 'could' announce the release of the next 10 expansions today as well. But yeah I get your point.
    As i said, it's very dumb and disingenious. Teriz isn't exactly making an attempt at being reasonable here.

With BlizzCon 2021 taking place in February, do you think that's when Blizzard is going to announce the next WoW expansion, or do you think they'll announce it at Gamecon in the summer? I don't think that they're going to have a BlizzCon in the fall like they typically do.
    either you're trolling or an absolute retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst unlikely, I wouldn't rule out enough people being mad at Shadowlands in general that it causes another cut their losses WoD-boogaloo as a possibility. Though that remains to be seen.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I'm highly sceptical that they'll announce another expansion so close to a release.

That said - I also thought MC would take a month to be cleared by the first guild in Classic so I'm clearly not an expert on this game :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Dude it hasn't even been out for a single day lol
    Already too long, shouldn't even be hitting live servers to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Already too long, shouldn't even be hitting live servers to be honest.
    You know how you get a different title for how many posts you have? Yours is actually perfect. Not even saying this is going to be an amazing xpac or not but Christ dude literally give it a second before judging

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzconline will most likely just be a roadmap for 9.1-9.2 with a teaser for 9.3.

Their big announcement will probably be the OW2 release date + beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they announce a new expansion in 2021, *IF*, then it'll be late, fall/winter 2021.

I wouldn't expect to hear anything official until 2022.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    You know how you get a different title for how many posts you have? Yours is actually perfect. Not even saying this is going to be an amazing xpac or not but Christ dude literally give it a second before judging
    I played the beta, it’s been judged as lacking.

Here is how I rate things we will hear about WoW in Feb:

Classic TBC - Moderately high. Naxx will have been out for a while so people in that community will be looking for what's next. Most the hype from SL will have died down and settled into the patch cycle so no bumping of hype heads.

News about the upcoming patches in SL - Almost guaranteed so like insanely high. The first cycle will be done or nearing completion, probably already hearing about what's up in the next patch, and then the time table for the next few can be laid out. A few small peeks into those patches that don't give much away but get "ewww and ahhhs" from people in the need.

News about the next expansion - Pretty low imo. Maybe a time table. But truth is they will be full bore SL. If something new is going to pop up it's probably BC. I say this mostly because of the covid fucking shit up. SL was delayed. I doubt the work on the next thing went as smooth a butter in the meantime. BC just seems like an easy thing to poop out and make that side of the community happy and keep the wheels of the franchise turning. SL will still have plenty of gas in the tank. Not to mention a shorter window of time to the next Blizzcon so no reason to crack the egg open yet.

Art team, Music team, storyboard shit for SL - Guaranteed so like insanely high. This is the normal panels they push out around the time of new expansions. It would have been there in Oct/Nov Blizzcon but it didn't happen. So it will be here. Probably something about some new tech they put into questing or something too.

King of useless topic creation! Congrats.

What person in their right mind would even think this. Seriously. It is beyond fucking stupid to think that a game, which just had a delay, would then in 2 months' time announce the next expansion that is 2-3 years out. In effect, ruining any future story telling this expansion, just released today, would tell.

Fucking hell.

10/10 Stupidity.

Feb 2022,, I do like your idea of announcing something early tho for a change. Maybe they could say "this is what we are working on for 10.0 and 11.0. This is the story we have planned and these are the zone ideas....they obviously wouldn't even have expansion names yet..but maybe they could present us with ideas and we could vote to see which one we find more appealing....its an interesting concept that put into practice would prob not work. Everyone is used to the big blizzcon announcements and not knowing what is comming next.
    Last edited by MarkTheMadMad; 2020-11-24 at 05:11 AM.

With BlizzCon 2021 taking place in February, do you think that's when Blizzard is going to announce the next WoW expansion, or do you think they'll announce it at Gamecon in the summer?
    NEITHER. they dont announce a new xpac after one was just release. 2022 will be next announcement. feb 21 they announce 9.1