Thread: Oribos is awful

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
  1. #141
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    67
    I like it.. simple and easy to navigate in. My game experience isnt taking place in the major cities anyways.

  2. #142
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    You linked a video of more than 1 year ago, they clearly retconned it. Like I said, literally one of the first quests after leaving the Maw they Oribos dude tells you the brokers have set up shop for us, not for anyone else
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

    It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    You linked a video of more than 1 year ago, they clearly retconned it. Like I said, literally one of the first quests after leaving the Maw they Oribos dude tells you the brokers have set up shop for us, not for anyone else
    OK but they did market it as a trade hub lol

  4. #144
    Bloodsail Admiral Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,060
    It's a simple layout, has everything you need and it's really just a midway point between your covenant and your destination. I really don't see a problem with it. In a lot of ways it reminds me of Shattrath and Dalaran. What do you really need out of it?

  5. #145
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    19,374
    It really doesn't need two levels, and the FPs in and out are unnecessarily long. For somewhere you don't spend much time, you still manage to waste an awful lot of time just passing through.

  6. #146
    The Lightbringer Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    3,564
    Eh. It fullfills its purpose just fine

    Not as grandiose as Dazar'Alor or Suramar, but thats not the point
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  7. #147
    The ambient loop in Oribos has this faint humming noise that makes it sound like some type of machine is running outside my apartment. It's driving me crazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dervrak View Post
    I like Oribos because the layout is simple (the big circle like Ironforge and Dalaran.) While Boralus and Dazar'alor where certainly much more fleshed out cities, both were a pain to get around and find anything in (especially Dazar'alor before flying mounts). Even after two years, I was still asking guards for directions for things I didn't use on a regular basis. Anyway, with the Covenant halls, a central hub city isn't as important anyway. Once I hit max level I've spent little time in Oribos except for using that travel hub and an occaisonal visit to the profession trainers.
    I had my hearthstone set to the Dazar'alor harbor and then just used the Legion Dalaran hearthstone to reach banks and other city services cause that was far more convenient than flying all the way between the harbor and the main ziggurat.
    Last edited by Lazy Gecko; 2020-11-30 at 01:46 PM.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ever since Shattrath (aka Shit rath..har har) - I guess this must rather be version 7.0 or so
    The proper term of endearment is Shattrash.


    addons
    weakauras
    Lua Wall of Shame
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

  9. #149
    As a Horde player this simple yet effective design resonates way more than this weird Temple HQ of the Zandalari. I like this more.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    This. Why can't there simply be a speed buff like in the Pandaria-Shrine. Maybe an Ancestor of him spinning around...
    Oh my god, you have to run for 30s in an MMORPG game to get somewhere. What a disaster!

    Spoiled people nowadays. You would prefer one guy in one room that you talk to and has all the quests, vendors, trainers etc. so you can be as lazy as you want, right? That would be such an amazing game. Oh and he should hand out all the loot while we're at it so you're not forced to run around any dungeons or raids.

  11. #151
    You must be Alliance if you think Oribos is awful. You obviously don't know what and awfully designed capital city is until you experience Dazar'alor.

  12. #152
    Elemental Lord Spl4sh3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    8,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It would be better if it didnt arbitrarily not let you mount in some parts while its okay in others.

    Just make the whole place mountable or give it a speed buff thing like Shrine.
    Middle parts are considered "outside" while the outer parts is considered "inside", at least from what I understand.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuciek View Post
    Oh my god, you have to run for 30s in an MMORPG game to get somewhere. What a disaster!

    Spoiled people nowadays. You would prefer one guy in one room that you talk to and has all the quests, vendors, trainers etc. so you can be as lazy as you want, right? That would be such an amazing game. Oh and he should hand out all the loot while we're at it so you're not forced to run around any dungeons or raids.
    Hyperbole always makes a compelling argument. But irony never does.

  14. #154
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    it was never "marketed" as a center of trade. It's the literal hub for all the souls in the universe, what market do you need there? LMAO one of the 1st quests in Oribos literally tells you that the brokers set up shops FOR US, nothing else.
    From the Blizzcon 2019 What's Next panel: "An ancient city that stands in the heart of the Shadowlands, Oribos predates memory and serves as the nexus between the various domains of the Shadowlands. The Arbiter stands at its very core of this gathering point for various power brokers, wheelers and dealers, and soul-traders."

    Also, the first quests tell us that Brokers had been there long before our arrival, and when we do our first tour around the city (moments after arrival), we see that their trading network is fully set up and functional.

    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    You linked a video of more than 1 year ago, they clearly retconned it.
    Doesn't matter. Your point that Oribos was never marketed as a center of trade is still invalid, because it was.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2020-11-30 at 05:15 PM.

  15. #155
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    From the Blizzcon 2019 What's Next panel: "An ancient city that stands in the heart of the Shadowlands, Oribos predates memory and serves as the nexus between the various domains of the Shadowlands. The Arbiter stands at its very core of this gathering point for various power brokers, wheelers and dealers, and soul-traders."

    Also, the first quests tell us that Brokers had been there long before our arrival, and when we do our first tour around the city (moments after arrival), we see that their trading network is fully set up and functional.



    Doesn't matter. Your point that Oribos was never marketed as a center of trade is still invalid, because it was.
    why are you all pedantic about this? It's got nothing to do with my initial reply to OP.
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

    It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

  16. #156
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    481
    Huge upgrade from boralus for me.

  17. #157
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    why are you all pedantic about this? It's got nothing to do with my initial reply to OP.
    You asked how can one dislike Oribos. I told you why I dislike it. You started arguing with me about my reasons. This has nothing to do with the OP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •