Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Worst launch ever.
    An Karanir Thanagor

10+ Year Old Account
    for me and my guild, the basic summary of last night was perfection. we had little to no connection issues, and there weren't too many ppl around making quest items and mobs hard to get. Now, over the years our Realm has become on the lower-pop end, but I'd have to say smoothest launch in my 15 yrs of playing and that's with me actually playing on night one in every expansion except WoD

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to have been a different experience for everyone.

Personally, on Silvermoon EU (one of the highest populated EU servers) launch itself was pretty much perfect. Yeah a little lag here and there, but no disconnects, no queues, nothing major.

Different today though. Only a small queue (<15 minutes) but very, very laggy. Hearthing or changing locations is fine. But looting and profession farming (skinning) is very laggy, sometimes waiting >10 seconds for the loot window to pop up, then another >10ish seconds to actually loot. Same with accepting quests. Personally i'm taking a break for today as i'm worn out and getting to impatient ah ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Quote Originally Posted by MannDuo View Post
    It's going to have been a different experience for everyone.

Personally, on Silvermoon EU (one of the highest populated EU servers) launch itself was pretty much perfect. Yeah a little lag here and there, but no disconnects, no queues, nothing major.

Different today though. Only a small queue (<15 minutes) but very, very laggy. Hearthing or changing locations is fine. But looting and profession farming (skinning) is very laggy, sometimes waiting >10 seconds for the loot window to pop up, then another >10ish seconds to actually loot. Same with accepting quests. Personally i'm taking a break for today as i'm worn out and getting to impatient ah ha.
    Yeah certain Silvermoon shards are absolutely busted.

Mine for example. I wasn't able to play for the 15 minutes I had time of during the launch hour(had to go to bed. And went to bed after I got disconnected.).

And am now sitting behind a loading screen, a black character screen, a 3-10 minute looting, chat dialogue, guild chat and 3 disconnects. So far. More to come.

Smooth launch. Nope.

0 issues last night, now constant D/c's and sticking on loading screens. On the few minutes I can sometimes get in before d/cing again, it takes like 3 minutes to receive/hand in a quest.

nearly 19 hours form launch and I still havnt been able to log in for more than 2mins without a DC

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Why on earth would they be lying about the server status...?
    My server is dead, and says "HIGH".

The worst part is that I see lots of servers say "LOW" or "MEDIUM".
    It is impossible to have less people than my server

On topic, since Cataclysm, as long as you are not on a FULL server, you should can login and play.

I think your experience probably depends what server you're on.

Personally on Draenor it's been pretty botched so far. Couldn't get on the first hour, went to bed after playing a couple hours (which to be fair were smooth) but then it's been awful today. Queues, lag and server offline. I think BFA was much better, but then that could also be because it felt less people were playing on that release.

True, unable to get online. Even if I get - unplayable.

Launch on Silvermoon-EU is trash as always, guildies hit max level whilst im still struggling to get in waiting to hit level 51.

Draenor here. Let's see. 70 minutes before Launch I got disconnected. From then on, I could not log onto Draenor or any other server at all. I just went to sleep after two hours of trying, so it definitely wasn't smooth for me at all.

Today it was better until like two hours ago. Since then, everything laggs forever.

This has to be the worst for me, Still havnt been able to play for more than 2mins without a dc and that's after waiting 10-15mins at a time to log in.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Been able to play for an hour now on Draenor EU without much issue. There's delays, sometimes to a point where you dread being DCed, but stable enough for such a huge server...

The worst part so far has been Bolvar's voice... He sounds like a basement-dwelling, chain-smoking old man, not at all how I remember his voice.
    Darion also sounds a lot softer and poetic than his old aggressive self. I miss both of the old voice actors but Bolvar definitely sounds... Muffled.

Quote Originally Posted by Boiled-Lobster View Post
    Launch on Silvermoon-EU is trash as always, guildies hit max level whilst im still struggling to get in waiting to hit level 51.
    Yup, same. 43minutes is my /played for the 2 minutes that I was online about 10 minutes ago.

logged in last night around 6:10pm est and took me only around 5 minutes to get in. Got DCd once around 3 hrs in and got right back in. Smooth as silk here.

Which launch was smoother than this one? None of them but this one was no smoother either. Still had plenty of servers with connection issues, hell BfA had a smoother launch for my server in particular. Had a few hours I couldn't play last night. I don't know what the big deal is about this one being so great because of a few anecdotal experiences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oishi View Post
    I guess that would be a valid view if you started playing in legion
    I've never missed an expansion launch so I know how bad some of them have been but so far I've only been able to play for 4 hours and its not let me log on other than that. I play on Draenor EU.
    An Karanir Thanagor

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Sure, but it's in the same ballpark, whereas 600k was much lower, because it was long after the peak viewing. I wouldn't expect the same numbers as Classic, because there's no massive nostalgia factor, and no "starting from level 1" excitement. I was actually surprised it was so high, but in-game and out it seems like there's been a ton more hype for this expansion (for whatever reasons - I think the art/concept is part of it) among people than BfA or Legion had. Shit last time I saw people this hyped it was an entirely different era of gaming - Cataclysm (which for my server back then was so turbo-fucked I couldn't even play it until like 24 hours after launch).
    Uhm no.

Vanilla = 15 years old, SL = 0 days old.

Been unable to login, 4 hours now and the server is still down. Bad times.

Most of this expansion is instanced, everybody is playing alone.
    I expect the Shadowlands to be populated only once a big chunk of the players reach max level and start chilling in Oribos or just roaming the world.