Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Which celebs are nasty in real life?

In your experience or from what you have heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of them except Keanu. Some just hide it better than others.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Gwyneth paltrow or how ever that is written, she's a snake oil seller, take advantage of uneducated people to sell them bullshit products as "healthy", and i literally mean bullshit product, she had some shit like a "chakra alignment patch" that was actually a fucking sticker that costs like, i dunno, 2 cents to make maybe? sold them at more than 10 bucks
    "There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
    — Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle)

Just gonna up and say Amber Heard.

The English anime voice acting community is a total shitshow. Lots of people get high on their 15 minutes of fame of voicing an anime character thinking that they're the real deal, and lots of cancel culture and virtue signaling going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Weird Al has always seemed like a decent guy too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The English anime voice acting community is a total shitshow. Lots of people get high on their 15 minutes of fame of voicing an anime character thinking that they're the real deal, and lots of cancel culture and virtue signaling going on here.
    Yup....isn't ironic Funi and RT canned Vic for a jellybean joke and look at all the skeletons in all of their closets!

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Keanu Reeves is supposed to be a really great guy.

It will be really disappointing when we find out that he has a collection of human feet in the sub-basement of his mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Keanu Reeves is supposed to be a really great guy.

It will be really disappointing when we find out that he has a collection of human feet in the sub-basement of his mansion.
    Keanu confirmed foot fetish.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

problem with that question is most of us wouldn't know outside of what the media tells us. Hell only real personal experience I have is with Bill Cosby and well when I met him he was a REALLY nice guy...oooh man did that backfire and to his credit outside of the rapey parts he probably is a REALLY nice guy but..rapey parts.

I echo everyone but Keanu Reeves, but ones especially nasty:

Jennifer Lopez
    Gweneth Paltrow
    Katherine Heigl
    Steven Seagal

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    problem with that question is most of us wouldn't know outside of what the media tells us. Hell only real personal experience I have is with Bill Cosby and well when I met him he was a REALLY nice guy...oooh man did that backfire and to his credit outside of the rapey parts he probably is a REALLY nice guy but..rapey parts.
    Its the Lindsey Lohan rule. We know she's a train wreck but she has enough acting skill to temporarily hide that she's a train wreck.

Also celebs generally have to put up with a lot of bullshit. Your fans might be assholes, your agent is also an asshole, executives are assholes and then there's the legion of shitbirds sending you death-threats just because you fucked up once. I'm surprised that more of them aren't overtly shitty.

I don't know how Keanu does it. This is a guy who's found not one but two naked stalkers in his house. The one time a naked drunk dude wandered into my house was distressing enough.

Mark Wahlberg used to throw rocks at little black girls while yelling "Kill the n*****".

He also viciously attacked two Vietnamese men completely unprovoked in separate incidents, permanently blinding of the men in one eye. As he was being arrested, he told police, "I'll tell you now that's the mother-fucker whose head I split open." He never apologized to the man until nearly 30 years later when he was conveniently seeking a pardon for his conviction.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Mark Wahlberg used to throw rocks at little black girls while yelling "Kill the n*****".

He also viciously attacked two Vietnamese men completely unprovoked in separate incidents, permanently blinding of the men in one eye. As he was being arrested, he told police, "I'll tell you now that's the mother-fucker whose head I split open." He never apologized to the man until nearly 30 years later when he was conveniently seeking a pardon for his conviction.
    umm

Whaaaat? Source?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    umm

Whaaaat? Source?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_W...g#Legal_issues

10+ Year Old Account
    Natalie Portman...I think it's pretty nasty to chastise people for years for not hiring more female directors when her own production company hasn't hired a single female director at all

Every celebrity I ever met has either been very rushed or very reserved. I never met a celebrity who while not performing was a strong personality one way or the other.

I met Bradley Cooper at the afterparty for A Star Is Born. Wonderful, charming, and smelled better than any human being I have ever met. I know that sounds strange, but whatever scent he was wearing was unreal.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    I'd just say it's important to keep in mind that stars are really people with 2 personalities, their public image persona is one and what they are like off-stage is the other. Many times, most times, those 2 personalities are completely different like someone with a dual-personality disorder. It doesn't necessarily mean they are jerks off-stage. They just might be a cool personality as their star personality, and reserved or nerdy behind the scenes. And to be fair most people's experiences with stars are very brief, and if they were having a bad day that could leave a lifetime impression that is worse than they are. That said...

Cool folks -
    Jessica Simpson, ultra down to earth and nice even at her peak stardom.
    Jim Carey, buddy won a contest a few years back where he got to spend an entire day with him. same cool and down to earth, definitely a partier.

Not so cool -
    [redacting her name since she's passed away now] - HUGE worldwide female singer that *never* paid her roadies and staff what she owed them, saying off-stage it was privilege enough for them to just be around her (lol). And her public persona in her prime was 'America's Sweetheart'...

*I won't put him in not cool, but even Bill Murray isn't a perfect angel. His weakness is he really doesn't like doing autographs, and he won't be directly rude but he will definitely be a smartass in a way that you won't ask for one again. I wouldn't ask for one since I know they hate it. But he'll say, ok I'll give you an autograph if I can write it on your forehead. People desperate for star attention say sure, and he'll write 'i'm a dork' or something on their forehead instead of his autograph, in permanent marker. I've seen him do it to women and men both. People laugh it off as funny, but it's funny in a dark sort of way kind of also saying don't ask me again next time.

I think it's hard not to be an asshole when you're under as much public scrutiny as these people are.

Time is the one commodity no one can buy more of in a given day, and when millions of people want a slice of your time, you're gonna have to learn how to say no and sometimes come off as rude just to preserve your own mental health.

I think people should really question their obsession with so called "celebrities".

Most of them are actors, "pretenders". I don't get why people attribute them with anything. I mean, you don't actually KNOW them, do you?