Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Thorghast is piss easy anyway.
    Except for the last boss, which splats me.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Except for the last boss, which splats me.
    That is more a you problem, and maybe a lack of stuff as you can kite him until he gets 10 stacks. Or you can reset those stack with ice block or alter time.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    That is more a you problem,
    Objectively incorrect statement....

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I am doing it, why can't you do it ? What is your ilvl ?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I might now since they nerfed the shit out of runecloth wrappings which was pretty much my go to strategy. Build as big an opening nuke as possible then just dps the remaining health. At least they haven't nerfed fire juggler yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Torghast is too dependent on the rng of anima powers

While I havent experienced many wipes, I did get an awful run where all the anima powers I had were simply bad: polymorph undead, polymorph mawrats, move quicker on walls

Im pretty sure I only had one or two powers that boosted my damage and it wasnt enough

All the other times, yeah its not that bad
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

blizz is doing something with scaling and group comps, first week i solo'd 1 and 2 one side, solo'd 1 and struggled on 2 other side wearing a mix of normal/herioc dungeon gear ilvl in 150s.

second week still soloed 1 each side, had to join a group to to clear 2 each side (3 man DPS). did one side 3 with a 4 man DPS only group. gear was ilvl 167

this past week had to crawl thru 1 on skold side, died 4 times right away on 2 quit, first going a group with tank and healer who were geared also with 190 leg. and the tank and healer were being wiped instantly at various points, and we finally agreed something is weird, joined another group 3 man DPS again to do 3 which was a serious crawl and bought 3 deaths back at vendor. run was easier with no tank/healer. could not solo 1 other side.gearing at ilvl 187.

overall as my gear has gone up, the lower levels have become harder and harder

Just in case anyone is still having issues with torghast, switch to arcane to one shot bosses.

make sure to get runecloth wrappings, they can stack up to 3 times, pop presence of mind to get 3 instant cast arcane blasts, when you come out of invis firing arcane blasts, you can get up to 3 shots of insta cast blasts before the 2000% modifier fades, even with only 2, that should be enough to either one shot or massively chunk final bosses.

to boost damage even more, get that skill that lets you generate mawrats on refreshment, then at last level, you can damage the rats to generate charges to be at max damage out of the gate

pop pom and arcane power before invis at max arcane charges, then just insta AB bosses in torghast

dead

Same with larger packs of elite mobs that are clustered sometimes, same strat to DELETE some of them fast to turn the tide. Arcane is the most potent torghast spec for mages with runecloth wrappings
    I am impelled, not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    Just in case anyone is still having issues with torghast, switch to arcane to one shot bosses.
    Alternative: Craft Grisly Icicle and laugh all the way through the tower.

Bonus points if you can find 1-3 Mojo and 1 Chaos Invitation, 3 stacks of Mojo will obliterate layer 8 bosses in one Blizzard after the Fire Blast+Counterspell for stacks. Use the vendor bubble to change to Freezing Rain for even more comedy. Got that combo pretty reliably in Twisting Corridors since it's only 2-4 powers.

Abuse how Blizzard calculates with Haste. Fire Blast>Orb>CS>Blizzard>IV/TW>Nova. Grats you did 460k DPS or more and the last boss fell over in 10 seconds.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2021-01-20 at 08:54 PM.

I don’t have problems with Torghast...although some Layer 8 runs can take a full hour to clear. I run fire btw..

Lots of different builds too, though Fire Juggler is a must and honestly lets you win vs almost any boss even if you’re missing other OP powers. Some runs I start with exploding sheep and just take my time to let it build up before pop, one shots most packs. I’ve also had a defensive build 70% shield strengthx3 + cast all three mage shields + gain shield on blink talent + reduce blink CD...literally had a 300k shield on an 12sec CD (shimmer) and 30sec CD.

My favorite is probably the improved Mirror Images build...one run I had 18 Mirror images at final boss that deleted him with their greater fireball.

make sure to get runecloth wrappings, they can stack up to 3 times, pop presence of mind to get 3 instant cast arcane blasts, when you come out of invis firing arcane blasts, you can get up to 3 shots of insta cast blasts before the 2000% modifier fades, even with only 2, that should be enough to either one shot or massively chunk final bosses.

to boost damage even more, get that skill that lets you generate mawrats on refreshment, then at last level, you can damage the rats to generate charges to be at max damage out of the gate

pop pom and arcane power before invis at max arcane charges, then just insta AB bosses in torghast

dead

Same with larger packs of elite mobs that are clustered sometimes, same strat to DELETE some of them fast to turn the tide. Arcane is the most potent torghast spec for mages with runecloth wrappings
    You don't have to go arcane. I've reached 5m fireball crits with +15% dmg each floor, rune cloth and phylactery dmg increase.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Stop doing a dps rotation. You’ve got to build yourself to fight the dungeon as opposed to just hitting spells in a certain order.

dead

I find it's easier to go invis mid fight if you don't have full arcane charges. You just need to make sure your mirror images keep the boss aggroed while you do it. This also lets you get the damage bonus from frost and fire if you have that anima power to scale even more with runecloth wrappings. Plus, if you open with touch of the magi the runecloth nukes will also count toward that for some extra damage, which might come in handy in Twisting Corridors after the bosses have scaled up a lot.

No. And I got 8 in first weeks or so before all the nerfes too and that with bad item gear of 192 or something. Just some bosses were like a wall for me and I had to rerun and get another boss. Thats bad design I agree. Just go in a 5man group and you will have no issues whatsoever.

Not really aside from just finding the trashgrind very tedious. Haven't bothered with twisting corridors, so can't say about that. For most wings that I did on layer 8 before getting the legendary upgrades as far as I care, it was somewhere in the range of totally manageable and easy depending on your anima lottery numbers. Ilevel in the 190 range once I hit L8. If the boss hp ramps up significantly in TC, I'd see there could be some tricky situations coming up if you get shafted with the anima stuff.

After reading this I levelled up my make. Got to 60 today and cleared level 8 today. Ilvl 156, no legendary. First try, no deaths.
    Mages are easy...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Alternative: Craft Grisly Icicle and laugh all the way through the tower.

Bonus points if you can find 1-3 Mojo and 1 Chaos Invitation, 3 stacks of Mojo will obliterate layer 8 bosses in one Blizzard after the Fire Blast+Counterspell for stacks. Use the vendor bubble to change to Freezing Rain for even more comedy. Got that combo pretty reliably in Twisting Corridors since it's only 2-4 powers.

Abuse how Blizzard calculates with Haste. Fire Blast>Orb>CS>Blizzard>IV/TW>Nova. Grats you did 460k DPS or more and the last boss fell over in 10 seconds.
    Ppl who struggle with torghast cant craft legendaries that easily

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Ppl who struggle with torghast cant craft legendaries that easily
    But those people do not need legendaries, at all. They wouldn't be able to play with them decently anyway. So... Whoever isn't able to do at least Layer 6 of regular Torghast should learn their characters basics first imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i tried to run it twice with groups and they made me fail on the last boss and it just made me not even wanna try it again. This was twisting as a tank. The other tg 6 layers i can solo ez. I just haven’t tried solo in twisting yet.
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

If other people are doing it and you're not, the only statement that's incorrect would be yours.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!