Alpha and development content that should have stayed in the story

What are the various contents that were proposed in the development of the various WOW expansions or even in the alpha versions of the game and the expansions that were interesting or at least better that was shown in the definitive version of the game, and that were unjustly scrapped when they should have been kept in the lore ?

I must say that I was really bitter how Kargath Bladefist and Cho'gall didn't survive in WOD when they were set to survive and have a bigger role in the game during the Alpha. Same for the Faralhon zone and capitals on Draenor being Karabor and Bladespire Citadel respectively.

Also I am still disappointed that Danath Trollbane didn't return to Stromgarde earlier during Cataclysm or at least in MOP instead of him and Stromgarde being kept in the fridge for too long until the developpers finally throw them a bone in BFA.

In Shadowlands beta there was an individual called "Sharth Voldoun" who should have gone to the Maw, but went to Revendreth instead because they tortured the Naaru, who are enemies of the forces of Death. This should have made it out of beta because it shows that the Eternal Ones are NOT good guys, since you can be one of the worst scum in the world, but if you tortured a Naaru (many of which are good like A'dal), you'll somehow earn a chance at redemption. This was a perfect example that shows you're not helping good people in this expansion.

Honestly I wish people would understand that there is no good and evil in Warcraft, at least as far as the forces are concerned, there is only power and means to use said power.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The story about MU Maraad projecting his feelings towards MU Yrel onto AU Yrel. That actually engaged with the whole AU premise of WoD in some tangible way and followed up from his portrayal in Lords of War where it was shown how consumed by grief and regret he truly is. But then Twitter twats complained that he was being creepy, completely missing the point that interactions when one character has memories of the "other" character and acts on them while the same is not true the other way around are supposed to be creepy. It was not a merry love story bringing joy (but suffering from "offensive" outdated tropes). It was a story of loss, false hope, seeking redemption and displacement (that could, but didn't have to eventually blossom into a love story). And Blizzard, instead of sticking by that story, caved in to the Twitter twats.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2021-07-07 at 12:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And Blizzard, instead of sticking by that story, caved in to the Twitter twats.
    Missed opportunity to call them Twatters imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Missed opportunity to call them Twatters imo
    Goes wonderfully with the quote in your sig too.

Naisha was going to be an entire Raid boss and I guess based on that to have a resolution in a fight against Maiev. Where Illidian said something like "I did what he needed to do".

But in some brilliant blizzard twist they traded her in for a weightless generic jacket in lore and cast Naisha as a generic Banshe and a lesser Boss.

Oh and wasn't Ashran originally going to be the homeland or at least an ancestral and very important land for the Ogres and their Gorian Empire ?

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Oh and wasn't Ashran originally going to be the homeland or at least an ancestral and very important land for the Ogres and their Gorian Empire ?
    No that was Goria to the south west. That said, it never appeared in any phase of development beyond being the corner of the draenor map. I'm guessing if WoD was a success blizz might have spent time exploring the world more, but it seems like the plan was Highmaul/Black Rock, followed by Shattrath, followed by Hellfire Citadel originally, with them just skipping the middle raid.

Ashran was rather consistently always what it was, the only real change being the capitols being moved there.
    Last edited by Myradin; 2021-07-07 at 02:02 PM.

What are the various contents that were proposed in the development of the various WOW expansions or even in the alpha versions of the game and the expansions that were interesting or at least better that was shown in the definitive version of the game, and that were unjustly scrapped when they should have been kept in the lore ?

I must say that I was really bitter how Kargath Bladefist and Cho'gall didn't survive in WOD when they were set to survive and have a bigger role in the game during the Alpha. Same for the Faralhon zone and capitals on Draenor being Karabor and Bladespire Citadel respectively.

Also I am still disappointed that Danath Trollbane didn't return to Stromgarde earlier during Cataclysm or at least in MOP instead of him and Stromgarde being kept in the fridge for too long until the developpers finally throw them a bone in BFA.
    during early development WoD was going to be Outland remastered (similar to cata reshaping vanilla zones) backlash of Cataclysm changed development and instead we got worse absurd called AU and time travelling
    and it srsly ruined game for me

Garrosh was going to be imprisoned in Outland. he would find some sort of horn. use it and revive past warchiefs. or something like that
    later it was changed and first there was going to be a spire from where we entered Draenor. and it was crapped again. farahlon removed and we got WoD. expansion which had best leveling and worst endgame content

10+ Year Old Account
    -how archeology was introduced in blizzcon vs what we got, it had a lot more than what we just ended with
    -crystalsong forest in wrath was supposed to have far more content
    -the idea of heroic class in TBC that was removed (but i think it didn't even reach alpha status)
    -underground zone in wrath nerubian kingdom, the old kingdom dungeon is massive, far more massive than most zones because it was supposed to be an underground zone
    -forsaken staying undead, yeah it will turn pvp balance upside down but they can be shackled and turn undead for example, they would fuck arena but fuck arena anyway
    -any alpha/beta built of an exp that removed powers we got in prior exp, literally EVERY single one of them, u don't play RPG game to decrease in power with time, give me all buttons and i use them when i want

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    Garrosh was going to be imprisoned in Outland. he would find some sort of horn. use it and revive past warchiefs. or something like that
    later it was changed and first there was going to be a spire from where we entered Draenor. and it was crapped again. farahlon removed and we got WoD. expansion which had best leveling and worst endgame content
    u talk like Garrosh necro corpses is a good idea too, both are shit
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I also preferred the original plan of Legion that Vol'jin wasn't killed at the Broken Shore but was MIA and would have had a much bigger role, rather than him dying without having accomplished anything as warchief and stupidely appointing Sylvanas as warchief, which was sure to cause a repeat of Garrosh situation and another petty conflict with the Alliance.

Also AU Gorgrond was far more industrialized in the Alpha but the devs scrapped this in the final version, without it Grimmrail Depot and the level of technological advantacement and number of Goblin weapons and devices of the Iron Horde doesn't make much sense.

5+ Year Old Account
    My one pet peeve about content that didn't make it to live is all the Nerubian-related stuff that featured so prominently in the TFT Undead campaign, which I was anxious to see in WotLK. We had to make do with two frankly poor dungeons instead

I would also have loved a Gundrak raid, which was iirc intended at some point to be the main dish of 3.2... But devs apparently ran out of time, and we got crappy ToC instead, while Gundrak was degraded to dungeon fodder.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-07-11 at 01:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

i feel that the issues discussed miss the real point of WOWs existence in the first place. What made WOW so different from anything else.SIMPLE. HORDE vs ALLIANCE.
    we all belonged to one or the other. We raged at each other in gatherings, (you all know that was fun) So what did WOW do? They became social warriors and tried to make everyone friendly and the same. BIG MISTAKE for this game, and the Subs prove it. I do not care what anyone says the reason for the decline of this game is. They're opinions are valid to a point. But, when WOW decided to take the WAR out of warcraft they managed to take a key element out of the game. We all played the game to do the normal stuff but the opposing faction was the WAR in warcraft. Getting flagged automatically in zones or just buy healing a flagged player put you at risk. That is the element of the game that went away and is missing. Blizz will never get this game back to what it was going in the direction of the other games. Everyone just doing quest and fighting mobs....lol..........Bring back the horde and ally rage, Bring back some pvp servers. Bring back the attacks on our home cities and areas...what the hell are you thinking Blizz. We do not all want to play nice with the horde or visa versa. It is so simple, yet you have become so woke you are killing a great experience, that this game was made for. Another mistake they made is letting players have a horde and ally on the same server. Now you have the idiots dong fake PVP in Goldshire....lol....the little friends playing together. Where is the fun in that. Horde comes to our lands we always rallied and fought...it was fun for both sides....Where is that now....only a memory
    Last edited by Njblade; 2021-07-11 at 02:10 PM.

Ashran Island/Mountain is where Deathwing had his lair on Draenor during 2nd war. It was such a huge disappointment that the black dragonflight wasn't explored further in WoD.... There was so much more and story and lore in old Draenor that was just ignored, retcon, or butchered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Njblade View Post
    i feel that the issues discussed miss the real point of WOWs existence in the first place. What made WOW so different from anything else.SIMPLE. HORDE vs ALLIANCE.
    we all belonged to one or the other. We raged at each other in gatherings, (you all know that was fun) So what did WOW do? They became social warriors and tried to make everyone friendly and the same. BIG MISTAKE for this game, and the Subs prove it. I do not care what anyone says the reason for the decline of this game is. They're opinions are valid to a point. But, when WOW decided to take the WAR out of warcraft they managed to take a key element out of the game. We all played the game to do the normal stuff but the opposing faction was the WAR in warcraft. Getting flagged automatically in zones or just buy healing a flagged player put you at risk. That is the element of the game that went away and is missing. Blizz will never get this game back to what it was going in the direction of the other games. Everyone just doing quest and fighting mobs....lol..........Bring back the horde and ally rage, Bring back some pvp servers. Bring back the attacks on our home cities and areas...what the hell are you thinking Blizz. We do not all want to play nice with the horde or visa versa. It is so simple, yet you have become so woke you are killing a great experience, that this game was made for. Another mistake they made is letting players have a horde and ally on the same server. Now you have the idiots dong fake PVP in Goldshire....lol....the little friends playing together. Where is the fun in that. Horde comes to our lands we always rallied and fought...it was fun for both sides....Where is that now....only a memory
    No thanks. PvP MMORPGs don't have a large audience for this reason. The game is popular thanks to The Frozen Throne. Faction war was simply a gameplay mechanic, and the good memories you had were the result of unintended consequences, chaos that was not consciously made. PvP has hindered the story in many form.