Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic 0 healing - Holy or Protection

Hi guys,

As some of you probably have felt already, holy is extremely clunky, underwhelming and to put it straight, bad.

I just ran 3 mythics. One as holy, two as prot, all as healer. Protection is performing better as a healer as long as there are no magic debuffs to cleanse.

What do you guys think, should we expect some remedy class tweaks before raid release, or should I just roll another healer now?

Just to clarify... you were in mythic, in protection spec and were acting as main/only healer... AND... it was a better experience than healing in holy spec??

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Just to clarify... you were in mythic, in protection spec and were acting as main/only healer... AND... it was a better experience than healing in holy spec??
    Exactly. Guild run, me as healer for all runs.. I was in holy spec for 1 run, prot spec for 2 runs. As protection I was a better healer, than I was as holy. With the exception of a boss that had a nasty magic debuff, in which I was forced to heal as holy, only for the cleanse magic.

3+ Year Old Account
    You should submit this story on the Blizzard forums, a tank spec shouldn't heal more than a healer spec.

I also think Holy is kind of boring and broken, that is why I will focus on Tanking and off-spec Ret for Shadowlands.

Theyll end up just nerfing prot instead of fixing holy lol

Wierd, i had the opposite experience playing as holy. I healed all the mythic 0 dungeons at 146 ilvl and I thought holy felt really strong. I picked bastion as my covenant, so idk if u picked something else that is making it feel weaker

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKraka0 View Post
    Wierd, i had the opposite experience playing as holy. I healed all the mythic 0 dungeons at 146 ilvl and I thought holy felt really strong. I picked bastion as my covenant, so idk if u picked something else that is making it feel weaker
    Yeah I went Bastion too, Divine Toll feels awesome!
    If you feel like Holy is strong, watch a friend heal in any other spec and see their numbers in comparison, or heal as prot in comparison..

Maybe you're right though, I mean if we are doing content scaled to 184 in so little gear and succeeding, it can't be "all" bad.. Just feels horrible comparatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    Yeah I went Bastion too, Divine Toll feels awesome!
    If you feel like Holy is strong, watch a friend heal in any other spec and see their numbers in comparison, or heal as prot in comparison..

Maybe you're right though, I mean if we are doing content scaled to 184 in so little gear and succeeding, it can't be "all" bad.. Just feels horrible comparatively.
    Yeah, it just felt like as holy that I was almost never in a situation where I felt behind on healing, and in the rare occasions where i was Divine toll just instantly tops the entire group off. Not to mention you can still pump out a ton of damage while putting out decent healing as holy.

huh?how does this even work?doesnt str give spell power to prot?how the heck do you have enough mana?

this reminds me of the wrath days when prot healer was a banger in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    huh?how does this even work?doesnt str give spell power to prot?how the heck do you have enough mana?

this reminds me of the wrath days when prot healer was a banger in pvp
    Prot mana lasts long enough to cast about 4 Flashes of Light... but all Paladins now have Word of Glory for 3 HP, and if you take the Hand of the Protector talent it scales based on the target's missing health (a perk Prot always enjoys, the talent extends the perk to anyone you cast at).

Generally speaking I can heal a dps most of their health with it, and since it costs HP you don't ever permanently run out. Prot's problem isn't a lack of power, it's a lack of extra tools... no AoE, only two spells with limited ability to spam, and no ability to cleanse magic. If you absolutely need one of those, prot is screwed.

But if you've got good dps and you can get by with just one powerful heal every few GCDs, prot gets the job done just fine.

Edit: You of course still have the standard paladin tools to help out in a pinch... blessings, auras, lay on hands, etc
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2020-11-27 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Prot mana lasts long enough to cast about 4 Flashes of Light... but all Paladins now have Word of Glory for 3 HP, and if you take the Hand of the Protector talent it scales based on the target's missing health (a perk Prot always enjoys, the talent extends the perk to anyone you cast at).

Generally speaking I can heal a dps most of their health with it, and since it costs HP you don't ever permanently run out. Prot's problem isn't a lack of power, it's a lack of extra tools... no AoE, only two spells with limited ability to spam, and no ability to cleanse magic. If you absolutely need one of those, prot is screwed.

But if you've got good dps and you can get by with just one powerful heal every few GCDs, prot gets the job done just fine.
    Gotcha,thnx for the clarification,yeah sounds like it can work out in a fair bit of scenarios,but in others its gonna be a no go

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Prot healing is absurd.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    Theyll end up just nerfing prot instead of fixing holy lol
    Exactly, prot healing isnt even that broken just holy paladin needs buffs. Well maybe its a little broken if they are healing mythics this early lol.

You're not healing better, you just explained a lot of reason as to why.... Anyhow.
    The content is not scaled to 184, that means you would need the gear to complete the content to begin with. Never been like that.
    Its more likely scaled to 169.

how are you healing as prot without pulling threat by keeping your Holy power generation going?

I just hope Blizzard doesn't nerf Divine Toll or else Holy paladin will actually be literally worthless. It's the only thing propping us up right now with a solid AoE heal. I can't imagine playing holy paladin as any other covenant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I just hope Blizzard doesn't nerf Divine Toll or else Holy paladin will actually be literally worthless. It's the only thing propping us up right now with a solid AoE heal. I can't imagine playing holy paladin as any other covenant.
    Making the only covenant ability that's fun to use would be pretty miserable, but knowing blizzard it might just happen

Wait what? How is holy clunky? I've never had so much fun in my life on a spec. It is the best as its ever been. The problem I often hear is that you proablly hardcasting heals? I maybe casted holy light a dozen times since I'm 60. It's all about a fast paced holy shock spam . I hope they never change holy again xD

Dont complain about a spec as blizzard nerfs the others instead of fixing the weak one.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont complain about a spec as blizzard nerfs the others instead of fixing the weak one.

Hi guys,

As some of you probably have felt already, holy is extremely clunky, underwhelming and to put it straight, bad.

I just ran 3 mythics. One as holy, two as prot, all as healer. Protection is performing better as a healer as long as there are no magic debuffs to cleanse.

What do you guys think, should we expect some remedy class tweaks before raid release, or should I just roll another healer now?
    Holy paladin is probably one of the stronger healers is 5 man content currently, it has no issues healing mthics at all, tank healing is mostly done on themselves so healers may just get put in overhealing and a holy paladin can pump a good amount of burst dmg when needed, in certain situations tanks will outheal any healer as the rest of the group is usually a higher priority unless the tank is going to die if you dont heal them next.

Ive had a druid tank pull a massive group and pull 4k hps but a tanks hps is mostly just on themselves. If needed a holy paladin has no issues pulling over 4k hps as long as they have cds available.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen