Thread: Fury : 1H vs 2H

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fury : 1H vs 2H

Hello,
    Which one would be better for fury? 1H or 2H ?

Thanks to Yoni

If I decide to play Shadowlands, I am going to go with whichever I find cooler/more appealing. In my case, that's going to be 1H. I don't care if it's a slight damage loss. I've always felt like dual wielding 2H weapons looked absolutely ridiculous, and I've hated that it's been forced onto fury.

That said, min-maxing is easy enough to gauge. Just go to a website like icy veins and see what the top end players are suggesting. Last I checked it was 2H, since they didn't even consider mentioning 1H (they did mention 2H for DK Frost, for comparison).

Since they will largely end up playing the same it doesn't matter. I strongly suspect players will, up until endgame, just go with whichever weapons they can get a hold of and prefer 2H if they obsess over min-maxing. Those who prefer 1H have the option, and that's good enough for me.

Depends on content. Use movement speed if you wanna run fast or stam if you wanna heal. Best weapons if not equal obv. You can force TG gearing by loot speccing Arms so that'll be easier than trying to roll against SMF drops as Fury loot spec. Only go Fury loot spec if both your weapon sets suck and either would be better than armor (best before farm). Last I checked TG was better in sims in pre-raid BiS but you should sim all your gear to be sure. Visually I like SMF over TG.

Cant speak for TG, but running dungeons as SMF with my guild mates(CE guild), im usually top dps on trash AND bosses and SMF. Over rogues/mages/locks even. At around 142 ilvl, with the other dps usually being 155+ilvl. SMF is feeling really, really good atm.

I think 2h is maybe 1% more dps than 1h dual wield?

I wish there was a way for Fury to loot spec just one handers though. As it is, I've set my Warrior to Arms, since I'm only ever going to get two handers to drop. Speccing Fury means you can get two and one handed weapons, which then breaks the bonus.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The biggest problem with 1H v 2H at the moment (and this affects Frost DK's too) is that the DPS loot options for the class are basically "Drop 2H weapons please!" or "Drop 2H and 1H weapons please!" which makes it much harder to gear if you're going for dual 1Hs as you aren't guaranteed weapon drops will be usable.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post

I wish there was a way for Fury to loot spec just one handers though. As it is, I've set my Warrior to Arms, since I'm only ever going to get two handers to drop. Speccing Fury means you can get two and one handed weapons, which then breaks the bonus.
    Looking at the one vendor in Orb, it looks like weapons will be token drops and you'll go pick which you want. They have them for LFR to Mythic.

2H. Rage is normalized so there's no difference between either in terms of gameplay. In addition the movement speed for SMF is largely irrelevant as warriors have plenty of mobility between Charge, Intervene, and Heroic Leap. With additional variation from talents (Bounding Stride, Double Time) and covenant abilities (Door of Shadows, Soul Shape, and even spear of Bastion to a lesser extent) you really have no need for additional movement speed.

Titan's grip gives more stamina from wielding two 2-handed weapons, which is far more beneficial. If your worried about loot table, just switch it to arms. They share the same gear except one handed weapons.
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    If I decide to play Shadowlands, I am going to go with whichever I find cooler/more appealing. In my case, that's going to be 1H. I don't care if it's a slight damage loss. I've always felt like dual wielding 2H weapons looked absolutely ridiculous, and I've hated that it's been forced onto fury.

That said, min-maxing is easy enough to gauge. Just go to a website like icy veins and see what the top end players are suggesting. Last I checked it was 2H, since they didn't even consider mentioning 1H (they did mention 2H for DK Frost, for comparison).
    If it makes you feel better, they did mention that there is a negligible difference between 1h dual wield and 2h dual wield so it comes down to item level. Understandable though because the Frost DK one mentions the change on the front page while the Fury Warrior one was mentioned in the Gear and Best in Slot section.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icy Veins
    Fury Warriors now have the option of dual-wielding one or two-handed weapons, giving them more flexibility in gearing than ever before. Currently, the difference between them is very small, to the point where it is more important to use the highest item level weapons available, rather than solely pursue one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post

Prot, unless there is also a shield/prot trinket. Usually there isnt

I think numberwise it is pretty close. Gameplay wise i prefer fastpace SMF. Doing a Condemn (Vanthyr) deep spec (picking all Execure / Condemn talents) is probably the most fun i had on a melee spec so far in SL. I just get so much procs to spam Condemn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I think numberwise it is pretty close. Gameplay wise i prefer fastpace SMF. Doing a Condemn (Vanthyr) deep spec (picking all Execure / Condemn talents) is probably the most fun i had on a melee spec so far in SL. I just get so much procs to spam Condemn.
    There's literally no difference in the rage increase resource of TG vs SMF. You'd get the same amount of PPMs and rage regardless of which one you use.
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.

1h for PvE and 2h for PvP.

They are close in dps but titans grip give more stamina and is superior because of that. If minmaxing is your thing. Otherwise just go for flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by luhilo View Post
    They are close in dps but titans grip give more stamina and is superior because of that. If minmaxing is your thing. Otherwise just go for flavor.
    but SMF gives 5% movement which means easier dodging of things and you can afford to move out of bad stuff slightly later. i would argue SMF has a better DPS argument if all other things equal

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    but SMF gives 5% movement which means easier dodging of things and you can afford to move out of bad stuff slightly later. i would argue SMF has a better DPS argument if all other things equal
    IMO, 5% MS is not relevant for dodging for a class that already has among the highest mobility in the game. (Leap, charge, intervene, and in some circumstances door of shadows). DPS uptime is more likely to be dictated by charge, not MS. Ofc this is highly opinionated.

Curious, can you equip a 2h and a 1h? Or just gimping your DPS?

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite View Post
    Curious, can you equip a 2h and a 1h? Or just gimping your DPS?
    You need to have 2x 1h equipped to gain the bonuses, so you either need 2x2h or 2x1h.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You need to have 2x 1h equipped to gain the bonuses, so you either need 2x2h or 2x1h.
    Cheers. Thank you for clarifying.

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

so im Venthyr having same ilvl 1handers and 2handers, but if I equip 1h the dmg on my condems is 100 more in the tooltip, and I am slightly above dps with 1handers than 2handers on a dummy, again same ilvl.

So if ur venthyr it seems like 1h scales better