Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Cool What if Dark Ranger becomes the fourth spec?

It's just a thought. Don't take it so seriously ...

For some reason I believe the Dark Ranger would be a mix of Rogue Subtlety + afflic Lock + MM hunter.

And let me now dream that I'm one of the developers ...
    I would make this spec with the following skills:

Stealth (replacing camouflage)
    Fear-Arrow (an arrow that causes fear for 4 sec. 15 secs of cooldown)
    Dead beast ritual (sacrifices your pet to guarantee 100% crit on its first stealth attack).
    Dark fashion (allows the Dark Ranger to use any leather armor to increase its attack speed by 20%)

Yes, such a spec with the skills above would be enough for me to drop my main rogue and never come back ...!
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2020-10-27 at 12:01 AM.

We would likely see a separation of sv as a 4th spec than this. Sorry to say buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

They have enough issues with 3 specs without adding a 4th. Look what a shitshow it is for druids with 4 you DO NOT want that

1: This has been brought up ten thousand times. You didn't need to make a new thread.
    2: It's not going to happen.
    3: Your ideas are laughably bad.

Personally I think Ranger should have been a Rogue spec to compliment Survival going fully melee, Dark Ranger should have been an aesthetic option for BElves and Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post

For some reason I believe the Dark Ranger would be a mix of Rogue Subtlety + afflic Lock + MM hunter.
    Dark Ranger is literally a bow wielding rogue. If anything, when Surv went melee, Sub should have been changed to Dark Ranger to cover that ranged spot.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd only support the implementation of a Dark Ranger spec if it was limited to undead, blood elves, void elves and night elves. Let's please keep Nathanos as an exception as the only living human ranger.

The problem is that it doesnt thematically fit with the class.
    It shouldnt be a 4th hunter spec.

Honestly, id be happiest if it were just added as a standalone spec to the game. It doesnt fit with existing classes and doesnt have enough to create multiple specs, but its thematic and highly desired.

Though i think all specs should be split from class and let the player pick from a collection.

We would likely see a separation of sv as a 4th spec than this.
    What mean?

They have enough issues with 3 specs without adding a 4th. Look what a shitshow it is for druids with 4 you DO NOT want that
    I don't think it would be that hard to deal with ...

1: This has been brought up ten thousand times. You didn't need to make a new thread.
    1: It shouldn't be the first topic about dark ranger. But it is my first topic about dark ranger. Welcome.
    2: I remember when some said that Demon Hunters "It's not going to happen". It was funny.
    3: Are you sure?
    Stealth should be the BEST skill in the entire game. Rogues will be hated forever in PVP just because of this skill.
    Secondly we have the warlock FEAR. A hunter with an arrow capable of causing this effect would be great, wouldn't it?
    And finally ... seriously, the ability to be able to wear leather armor would save the class. I know that every Hunter would sell his soul to be able to use Rogues' xmogs. haha

Personally I think Ranger should have been a Rogue spec to compliment Survival going fully melee, Dark Ranger should have been an aesthetic option for BElves and Forsaken.
    Yes, in case we never have Dark Ranger as Hunter's 4th spec I would be satisfied if Rogue had a 4th spec capable of using bows.
    The only problem would be Hunter's 1.000.000 petition asking the Devs to go back on this decision ...

Tell you what, you'll get my vote for Dark Ranger, the day we get a Spell Breaker Class/Spec.

I mean, hello Blizz?

Edit: Maybe a Marksmanship final row talent "Aspect of the Dark Ranger".
    Similar to Gladiator stance.
    No, just me? Okay
    Last edited by DazManianDevil; 2020-10-27 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by letgoit View Post
    Maybe try to contribute with something more positive next time or just don't comment.

Would it probably go as the third spec for DH? I mean DH only has 2 specs so far it would be awesome if we would get another one, but considering how survival is I would probably not be ok with a ranged spec for a melee class or vice versa.

OFFTOPIC: I really think survival was sooo much better when it was a ranged spec...

Dead beast ritual (sacrifices your pet to guarantee 100% crit on its first stealth attack).
    Dark fashion (allows the Dark Ranger to use any leather armor to increase its attack speed by 20%)

Yes, such a spec with the skills above would be enough for me to drop my main rogue and never come back ...!
    Eh, i think it'd have more chance if you made a suggestion for alternative marksmanship talents.
    It wouldn't be so misplaced to have like one talent per row dedicated to the dark rangers, even if just in name or theme or something.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Eh, i think it'd have more chance if you made a suggestion for alternative marksmanship talents.
    It wouldn't be so misplaced to have like one talent per row dedicated to the dark rangers, even if just in name or theme or something.
    they tried that in legion beta and removed it cause it doesnt fit with the nature theme.

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down

Those have to be the worst abilities I've ever seen....or heard of...

Stealth.....how original.
    Fear Arrow.....again, original.....because hunters dont have any crown control.....
    Dead beast ritual????? wtf??? your pet gets ONE crit...then it has to die? much better than say...constant attacks from a pet...
    Dark fashion? I dont even know what you mean? If a hunter wears leather he gets 20% attack speed increase? 20%??? why wear mail ever again?

These are just terrible and the fact you started a thread to share them is horrible. an idea thats been around for years....

On a positive note though...you created the saddest one ever....so gratz!

This feels more like a moba hero than an mmo class.

'First hit from stealth is a crit' it absolutely useless on a 3+ minute long fight (unless you can constantly restealth like with dance and even then only as like a bonus not the main point of the spell).
    There is literally no gameplay or even compelling balance reason hunters would even want to wear leather, hell it would make balance worse because hunters (a hugely popular class) would be competing with Rogue, DH, druid and monk as opposed to just shamans. Even if this was some aesthetics thing, Tmog completely invalidates it.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Honestly given what you put that sounds like a ranged spec for another class. They will never make a class that uses two armor types so the leather part is right in the bin. the rest just sound like edgelord variants of skills they already have like fear arrow is the edgelord version of scare beast usable on anyone now. The other stuff is like putting a shadow magic glyph over all the MM dots and bleeds. It might happen but the overlap with MM is pretty extreme and honestly I doubt blizzard wants to add more specs especially dps ones to a pure class. Whatever sims the best is what people play so its a ton of effort for no return unless they make it the best. Plus 4 dps specs is ridiculous if hunters get a 4th spec it needs to be another role.

I think dark ranger should be like a rogue spec. Expand bows to another class. I mean a ranged class with combo points would be super fun.

Dark Ranger is a class+race combination. It's not a spec. It's like saying you want Orc Warrior to be a spec. So you can be a Human Orc Warrior. Pretty stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Dark Ranger is literally a bow wielding rogue. If anything, when Surv went melee, Sub should have been changed to Dark Ranger to cover that ranged spot.
    This was what I was thinking since Legion, personally think Sub should have been made ranged like Dark Ranger...BM should have been the dw melee spec like Rexxar...Markman ranged physical damage spec and Survival should have been ranged magic damage spec

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    I think dark ranger should be like a rogue spec. Expand bows to another class. I mean a ranged class with combo points would be super fun.
    Like affliction lock or destro lock? Many specs already have the typical builder -> spender playstyle. Sure they are not called combo point per se but I don't know if this would be such a revolutionary thing.