Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Slice and Dice need to go

It's an outdated and boring ability that offer nothing really interesting in today's gameplay.

EDIT : I know it's NOT useless but 'pressing the button" is the boring part, so it should be converted to some sort of a passive proc.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2020-11-07 at 05:16 PM.

well considering it increases attack speed and a lot of procs are rppm now, it actually increases your proc chance as well as increasing your basic attack damage. plus choppy choppy is more fun than a blanket damage buff. i disagree with your premise.

edit: i should mention my main is a hunter, not a rogue. though my feedback is still valid, it holds less weight than a rogue main player.
    Last edited by aceperson; 2020-11-07 at 04:30 PM.

Agreed but it synergizes well with current rogues and procs so it provides consistency. I'd rather them give rogues faster attack speed innately with SnD being either a CD or +%Haste instead.

There are already two threads up about SnD (although I guess that speaks to the issue).

But to head off the inevitable snark
    • OLD GUD NU BAD (except when old is different from how I remember it).
    • More buttons = more depth no exceptions.
    • How dare you expect blizzard to iterate on base class design more than once every two years, that's what recycled legendaries and borrowed power is for.
    • I actually like having two spells that are functionally identical in single-target situations.
    • King's bane? Never heard of it, please stop bringing it up actual class design makes me feel bad.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Its an ability that you press every now and then that let's you do more damage compared to not having pressed it. It basically same as rupture, but instead its a benefitial buff on yourself, but it has more synergy with other abilities for outlaw and sub than rupture. It does slow down the opener and doesn't feel as cool as using CPs for an ability that does straight up damage, but it's not an argument for removing the ability. Plus it adds another CP spender which is way better than BfA version of RtB

As a long standing rogue main I can say I do agree, but on the same token I don't mind having it back. It just seems wierd that the ability would be brought back after being gutted from the class.

We definitely needed another thread on slice n dice...

If they still insist on not getting rid of that unfun garbage of a feral druid talent called Savage Roar, they'll definitely keep slice and dice.
    Savage roar is even worse. It's just boring flat buff. At least SnD has some kind of "fun" element in it, making you hit shit fast.
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Laytnor View Post
    If they still insist on not getting rid of that unfun garbage of a feral druid talent called Savage Roar, they'll definitely keep slice and dice.
    Savage roar is even worse. It's just boring flat buff. At least SnD has some kind of "fun" element in it, making you hit shit fast.
    At least Savage roar is a talent, you can skip it even if it has more benefits that SnD.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    It's an outdated and boring ability that offer nothing really interesting in today's gameplay.

EDIT : I know it's NOT useless but 'pressing the button" is the boring part, so it should be converted to some sort of a passive proc.
    It's fine on outlaw and kinda alright on sub... but it is really unnecessary on sin. I actually really liked it when they made it a passive in WoD.

A talent that turns it into a proc or something would greatly appreciated.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’d much rather it stay for the first time since cata I’m seriously thinking of maining a rogue and having it back is one of the reasons why. I wish we could get recuperate back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Devylknyght View Post
    A talent that turns it into a proc or something would greatly appreciated.
    Yeah it would be great as a passive.

Every time I wake up I hope that I will see Blizzard note about the PTR that they decided to delete SnD.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’d much rather it stay for the first time since cata I’m seriously thinking of maining a rogue and having it back is one of the reasons why. I wish we could get recuperate back as well.
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=341312/recuperator

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Every time I wake up I hope that I will see Blizzard note about the PTR that they decided to delete SnD.

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=341312/recuperator
    well that's nice I more so wanted it gameplay wise back I liked spending more combo points for a better heal unlike with the vial where tis just some energy. but it could very well just be a bit of nastlgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    well that's nice I more so wanted it gameplay wise back I liked spending more combo points for a better heal unlike with the vial where tis just some energy. but it could very well just be a bit of nastlgia.
    No, you are correct, it is indeed better gameplay when there is an actual resource cost associated with healing, making it a tradeoff that the player has to evaluate.

Crimson Vial has been a joke since it was introduced.... there is no decisionmaking involved with it.

The new passive that adds healing effect to SnD has the same problems. You're putting it up for offensive purposes anyway so there is no tradeoff or decision involved with the healing aspect.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    No, you are correct, it is indeed better gameplay when there is an actual resource cost associated with healing, making it a tradeoff that the player has to evaluate.

Crimson Vial has been a joke since it was introduced.... there is no decisionmaking involved with it.

The new passive that adds healing effect to SnD has the same problems. You're putting it up for offensive purposes anyway so there is no tradeoff or decision involved with the healing aspect.
    Ya I very much lean towards there being meaningful resources and stuff to manage instead of just spamming a damaging finisher the more they did away with things like recoup and slice and dice the more my interest in rouges fell off a cliff.

Hopefully it will last more then one expan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the prepatch destroyed all fun with Assa rogue removed Toxic Blades, nerfed fan of Knives and added this garbage, I wonder if Blizzard actually plays their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    There are already two threads up about SnD (although I guess that speaks to the issue).

But to head off the inevitable snark
    [LIST][*]More buttons = more depth no exceptions.
    You can't be serious. Such a blanket statement lol....quantity does not equate to depth, complexity, or even good design.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    You can't be serious.
    Yes, you're right I wasn't being serious.

I was facetiously painting pro-SnD arguments in a comedically negative light to highlight my belief in their absurdity.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?