View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for to claim Race to World First: Sire Denathrius

Voters
344. This poll is closed
  • Method [EU]

23 6.69%
  • Limit [US]

198 57.56%
  • Echo [EU]

74 21.51%
  • Pieces [EU]

9 2.62%
  • BIG DUMB GUILD [US]

7 2.03%
  • Exorsus [EU(RU)]

3 0.87%
  • Aversion [EU]

2 0.58%
  • Lazarus Imperative [US]

1 0.29%
  • FatSharkYes [EU]

3 0.87%
  • Club Camel [US]

4 1.16%
  • The Cleveland Browns/Other/No One!!

20 5.81%
Page 4 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    They will need like 1-2 tiers for a warm-up.
    It's gonna be interesting to see how it goes. I just hope it's an interesting competition this time out, although part of me is still expecting Emerald Nightmare 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    It's gonna be interesting to see how it goes. I just hope it's an interesting competition this time out, although part of me is still expecting Emerald Nightmare 2.0.
    Any reason for that? beta impressions?

I think EN taught Blizzard that its better to tune things to tight, then to loose. (and as a result we got stuff like pre-nerf Fetid Devourer in Uldir).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Any reason for that? beta impressions?

I think EN taught Blizzard that its better to tune things to tight, then to loose. (and as a result we got stuff like pre-nerf Fetid Devourer in Uldir).
    Blizzard underestimating how much impact all these systems stacking upon each other can have, especially when guilds like Limit & Pieces take it to extraordinary levels with class stacking.

I'm not expecting a 17 hour clear, but I am expecting a first reset clear.

Is OTK something to take seriously durig the race?

Or it's just Asmon being Asmon?
    Last edited by VyersReaver; 2020-12-07 at 06:09 PM.

Blizzard underestimating how much impact all these systems stacking upon each other can have, especially when guilds like Limit & Pieces take it to extraordinary levels with class stacking.

There are not that many systems on top of each other a covenant ability and a legendary. And there is no titanforging to mess with expected ilvl's.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    There are not that many systems on top of each other a covenant ability and a legendary. And there is no titanforging to mess with expected ilvl's.
    Mythic has to be clearable for players picking numerically weaker covenants & soulbinds so there has to be some leeway there, & the effects of stacking certain abilities with certain legendaries is pretty crazy.

I'm interested in seeing how The Great Vault impacts gearing & progression for guilds like our own. I know people are worried about the lack of bonus rolls & whatnot, but the Great Vault looks seriously lucrative over a month or two of doing 14s & raiding mythic.

Emerald Dream 2.0 won't ever happen again partly because of the RTWF being streamed from start to end, if Blizzard keeps tabs on it and they feel the final boss will die too quickly like Xavius did they will overtune it on the spot, there's precedence for that even.

Edit: And yeah I know some GM used to watch in the past too, but they are definitely much more hands on now. See N'zoth last tier.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Emerald Dream 2.0 won't ever happen again partly because of the RTWF being streamed from start to end, if Blizzard keeps tabs on it and they feel the final boss will die too quickly like Xavius did they will overtune it on the spot, there's precedence for that even.

Edit: And yeah I know some GM used to watch in the past too, but they are definitely much more hands on now. See N'zoth last tier.
    EN wont happen, simply because Blizz wont allow it to have such an easy last boss ever again. Xavius was a one time anomaly.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

EN wont happen, simply because Blizz wont allow it to have such easy last boss ever again. Xavius was a one time anomaly.
    Yeah, there's a higher chance of Denathrius being overtuned by a lot than undertuned, and if he is undertuned it wouldn't surprise me if they literally buff him mid pull.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    ?? Method did rebuild the entire fucking roster. And the old roster name-changed the guild to Serenity don't you remember?
    Look at his "bet". He knows that Method likely will be top 20, otherwise he would have bet something more significant.

Race to World First clear starts today.
    Mythic race kicks off next week.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Covenant and ability nerfs/buffs that they are expecting to happen. With how covenants work, you do not retain progress swapping from one to the other. So, WF players don’t want to power the shit out of Night Fae, for instance, just to have it get nerfed when mythic is released and overtaken by something else. Then that player is behind and not min/max when they swap to the better covenant.
    With how easy it is to level and caps on weekly progression it’s not hard to maintain alts in SL.
    This could be true for some, but for example gingi plays three Hunters with the same covenant, so I believe that the gear luck is a bigger reason. No more farming infinite procs, so being lucky with drops has higher value this time around.

The drama has died ages ago, like any others. People moved on and Method will be back. Will they manage to compete for WF, though?
    Method is done. A lot of people left and some went to go create Echo or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Method is done. A lot of people left and some went to go create Echo or something.
    And yet they still managed to reform and fill the raid slots.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

And yet they still managed to reform and fill the raid slots.
    Won't be the method people once knew.

Mythic has to be clearable for players picking numerically weaker covenants & soulbinds so there has to be some leeway there, & the effects of stacking certain abilities with certain legendaries is pretty crazy.

I'm interested in seeing how The Great Vault impacts gearing & progression for guilds like our own. I know people are worried about the lack of bonus rolls & whatnot, but the Great Vault looks seriously lucrative over a month or two of doing 14s & raiding mythic.
    Yeah, Mythic has to be clearable for people using weaker covenants and classes and soulbinds, and it will be... at higher item levels than world first racers have. That's the way it always is.

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    Is OTK something to take seriously durig the race?

Or it's just Asmon being Asmon?
    it will be 99% just meme stuff with asmon/rich/esfand/mizkif

I Remember.
    Method was always good. Lile WotLK when they where gaining strenght. They dient realy Compete for WFs. But they showed how good they are by defeating Sartharion +3 in 10mans as WF, which was the hardest shit by the time.

There is a new guild that will take #1 or 2 on Area 52, bet on it.

Tea House

We taking over!

People said the same after Method/Serenity split. This is just Method 4.0