Can we get back WOD Enhancement Shaman ?

Shamanistic Rage and the Heal from Feral Spirits damage ? seriously, why is Blizzard ignorant such an obvious problem for the Enhancement for too long ? this is just plain bad design that is ruining the game for a lot of shamans out there, forcing them to reroll just to be able to play correctly.

So the lack of Selfheal/Defensives makes the class unplayable for casual raiding and pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    So the lack of Selfheal/Defensives makes the class unplayable for casual raiding and pvp?
    Raiding not really, but PvP and M+ for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Our self heal right now is insane. THAT isn't our weakness. With the conduit bonus I am able to go from 10% hp to 100% hp like every 5 seconds in pvp. Our HP is a yoyo because we are so squishy but heal so effectively.

Our problem is that we are so squishy that we often can't survive someone bursting us in even a short stun window. A return of Shamanistic Rage would really help during stun windows, we are one of the only specs that has no mitigation during a stun lock. As it stands Enhance shamans are probably the squishiest spec in the entire game. I'm currently in 177 ilvl full vers gear with pvp trinket set and I regularly almost get 1 shot in bgs. That said, in a 1v1 situation, anyone who can't kill me inside a stun window is either gonna end up in a stalemate or die because once the self-heal engine gets rolling we effectively have infinite HP.

I'd also add that our self healing is 100% dependent on being in melee range to build enough maelstrom. We die to a stiff breeze when facing a class that can kite us and deny maelstrom stacks (other than what flame shock generates, though if Ascendance is off CD, we can just pop that and wreck face)

I don't think we have to re-roll. We aren't unplayable. I doubt you will see many enhance shamans getting the gladiator mount this season but you can still have fun with it. We can burst like crazy.

As an aside, I think our defence during stuns WILL go up next week. The Resto Legendary: Earthen Harmony is currently usable by Enhance. Increasing the effectiveness of ES by 50% will REALLY help with surviving during stuns as it is a pre-emptive heal. Personally, I think that is going to end up being BiS for Enhance PVP. Doom Winds looks awesome, Frost Witch looks consistent, but the best DPS increase is to not be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by themortalgod View Post

Our problem is that we are so squishy that we often can't survive someone bursting us in even a short stun window.
    Exactly this.

Even Soulbinds are so bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by themortalgod View Post
    but the best DPS increase is to not be dead.
    And this too .
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2020-11-28 at 10:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Survivability wise? Sure

Anything else, No.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Survivability wise? Sure

Anything else, No.
    And that's what I'm asking for, not getting nuked in 2 seconds would be enough for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    just finished 1500 honor quest and f!#@ me what a journey that was
    rogue, feral, pala, hunter i basically death sentence before you get out of first stun rest is bearable although i must be doing something awfully wrong cause getting 5 stack of msw to actually do something is freaking event to open champagne

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    just finished 1500 honor quest and f!#@ me what a journey that was
    rogue, feral, pala, hunter i basically death sentence before you get out of first stun rest is bearable although i must be doing something awfully wrong cause getting 5 stack of msw to actually do something is freaking event to open champagne
    I think that experience is probably like that for most classes, esp before they get the pvp trinket set. Even at 179, mostly vers gear I feel extremely squishy, but at the same time there are lots of classes that I delete so it isn't exclusive to Enh. I rarely find getting to 5 msw difficult. Each fight comes down to a simple reality, if they focus me, I'm dead, if not I tear a bloody mess through their group.

Don't think of 5 msw as part of your dps though, 90% of the time you are going to be spending your MSW on healing. We don't need it as a damage amp. WF procs and SS are more than enough to kill most enemies.

You kinda gotta be at the front of the gearing curve though, if you are behind at all, it feels really bad atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Problem is that I have 170ilvl+ with pvp trinkets set, they don't increase dmg reduction only dmg and healing part of versatility, second problem is that ppls are aware we can hit hard and have not to reliable defense so everyone are focusing us like it's last thing to do in their lives ������
    Etleast that's my experience but I hope I'm doing something bad and changing some talents/conduits will let me stay alive through 5 sec stun

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    getting 5 stack of msw to actually do something is freaking event to open champagne
    Squishy and no burst or good engage, compared to other classes, we are a joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    hard to argue, only thing that getting doom winds legendary should give serious burst option on rather short cd,
    beside that rogues should get spanked by nerf bat as currently they just global ppls...
    We badly need some decent defensive option, tbh astral shift being usable in CC would be smal step for blizzard but huge step for shamans :P
    Would also bake 2 shields together as currently its strange to use one or the another as from lightning shield we get extra MSW stacks and from healing shield we get extra healing losing any of it with all defensive options we don`t really have just feel bad :P
    Last edited by kosajk; 2020-12-02 at 02:50 PM.

So like, business as usual then?
    God, I left Shaman after cata because this was a problem back then too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    So like, business as usual then?
    God, I left Shaman after cata because this was a problem back then too.
    Yep, the same crap that blizzard won't fix.

Raiding not really, but PvP and M+ for sure.
    If you need self healing for m+.

1. Your healer is bad
    2. Your group is bad
    3. You are bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    If you need self healing for m+.

1. Your healer is bad
    2. Your group is bad
    3. You are bad.
    well there are different mechanics and having one or two guys in party that can self heal while not losing to much of dmg is a huge difference, same as using dispels that you class have, tbh i never had curse for more than 3 sec on myself ;P

actually im talking here more about druid or pala as they can heal self a lot without any dmg lost beside 1 global, in opposite to enh that have to chose between dmg and healing each time although making things easier for ppls you play with is not a bad thing especially on progres where everyone learn mechanics and so on ;P
    the more into the fray the leas it will be needed.
    All in all i would not generalize on things so much :P