Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

So is Naga Trinity the best mouse for World of Warcraft?

I made a thread the other day and I was surprised people kept mentioning mmo-specific mice and that one in particular. Is it really the best choice (on average)?

A friend of mine has it and is very fond of. I tried it and didn't like it. So maybe try it somewhere? I use a Sharkoon Drakonia 10 Button mouse which I love. YMMV?

Quote Originally Posted by TerrisT View Post
    There is no other option to be an efficient wow player than having a 12-thumb-button mouse, for the average Joe.
    12 thumb buttons is excessive, IMO. Mine has 6 and while I may be using all modifiers (shift, alt, and crtl), there are still some combinations unbound despite using lots of additional focus macros/arena 1 2 3 macros.
    The 6 buttons are also much more accesible than having an entire numblock on your thumb.
    That being said... if you get used to that and feel comfortable, more power to you!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It takes some timeto get used to and it will be frustrating the first week, but afther that you dont want to switch away from a 12 button razer type of mouse. It spaces room for other stuff on your keybord and your reaction to things will become much fastet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition

Since i hate the alt/shift/ctrl modifiers, 12 thumb buttons is a must have.

The naga is the most well known model, because AFAIK it was the first of its kind.

Corsair Glaive is perfect for me, when i bought one and liked it, i bought another 3, so i have spares when they are no longer made

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Is it really the best choice (on average)?
    No. The best mouse will always be one that suits the individual the best. Sure, it is adaptable with the number of side buttons, but it's a waste of money if you KNOW you'll never use the other options.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like side button MMO style mice but after burning through four razer ones in less than four years, I just won't ever buy them again. Their reputation for unreliability is justified in my own experience.

I now use a $35 alternative that works just as well if not better. It's already outlived at least one razer, but even if it was to fail tomorrow, it would still be worth it given how much cheaper it was. I will absolutely buy another of the same kind whenever this one dies.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I've used the old model Razer Naga and thought it was great at the time, but since the mousewheel failed (after 3-4 years of heavy use, to be fair) and switching to the Corsair Scimitar, I would never go back.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes. but it tends to stop working very fast.
    the issue I have with other brands is that I know that the razer mouse program doesn't get you banned. (I got reported many times for supposed "cheating" and never got anything ever)
    got doubts for the other brands.

I've had 3 different Razer Naga pro/elite and while I love actually using the mouse, that does come with the caveat that Razer mice tend to break very quickly from my experience. I usually get about 1 year out of my mouse before some aspect of the mouse starts breaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WorcesterSauce View Post
    I've used the old model Razer Naga and thought it was great at the time, but since the mousewheel failed (after 3-4 years of heavy use, to be fair) and switching to the Corsair Scimitar, I would never go back.
    I hear more positive things about it.. i need a new razer kind of mouse.

It's good, it's a normal size (doesn't require you to have big ass Yeti hands to use it, like most gaming ones do), though it breaks a lot.
    I'm at my 4th Naga and always something breaks within 1-2 years of use - one time it was the click that started to do double-click, another time it was the mouse wheel click not working, another it was drag and drop not working (it was no longer registering holding the left click properly and this also affected walking in WoW, because you have to hold both buttons).
    That being said, I don't think I can play without a Naga now, it's way too convenient with all the buttons (took me quite a while to get used to at the start, though).
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2020-12-01 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I like side button MMO style mice but after burning through four razer ones in less than four years, I just won't ever buy them again. Their reputation for unreliability is justified in my own experience.

I now use a $35 alternative that works just as well if not better. It's already outlived at least one razer, but even if it was to fail tomorrow, it would still be worth it given how much cheaper it was. I will absolutely buy another of the same kind whenever this one dies.
    Second this for the cheap option. Bought a Red Dragon mmo mouse off Amazon for $35 USD. Has worked well so far and has a nice feel to it. Went through 3 Razers myself before switching to this alternative. Can’t imagine going back, the bang for your buck at a cheaper price option is a better choice, imho.

I made a thread the other day and I was surprised people kept mentioning mmo-specific mice and that one in particular. Is it really the best choice (on average)?
    I seem to remember naga being a very small mouse, at leadt my hand didn't rest well on it at all.

Many things to consider, but go for ergonomy over buttons. Any mouse with more than 7 buttons will get the job done.

My fourth naga kicked the bucket a few days ago after less than two years and I made a vow that I am indefinitely done with Razer products. I picked up a Corsair Scimitar after seeing Bajheera and Trill recommend it in their streams and at this point there is no going back.

Imo other than the software being a bit less user friendly at the start it is pretty much better in every conceivable way unless you have super small hands. Pretty much anyone I've talked to that has made the switch feels the same.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 2020-12-01 at 11:01 AM.

It really comes down to your hand and how you move your mouse. My big hands and the fact that I move the mouse with my thumb and my pinky made it suboptimal for me because the extra buttons are located where my thumb pushes when moving the mouse, accidently pushing buttons as well is not ideal.

I switched to Logitech G502 instead:

It does have fewer buttons which sucks in Shadowlands but if you don't bind a lot of stuff for PvP or specific targets that one should do fine as well.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Logitech G600 is basically the same thing and is infinitely better than overpriced Razer trash.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Since i hate the alt/shift/ctrl modifiers, 12 thumb buttons is a must have.

The naga is the most well known model, because AFAIK it was the first of its kind.
    Many moons ago there was a SteelSeries Cataclysm mouse with some side buttons.

I still have it stored in the box. Bought one, used extensively until RMB sensor died. Luckily it was before the warranty ended so I got a brand new replacement. After another 2 years of use scroll started to skip moves. So packed into the box and put on the shelf. Currently I'm on Logitech G502. Sometimes I miss those extra buttons but I have G13 gamepad and with those extra buttons on G502 I'm ok.