Thread: Torghast sucks

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I was not fan of it from the get go, knowing that blizz will heavily push you into it (not just raiders but casuals as well, seeing how your campaign pushes you into it and your whole shadowlands experience lies on it), and that you should do it for months and months. I've been there twice for the quests, and I had some fun - even tho on my second run most of my anima powers were for my healing stream totem and randomly summoned totems that were mostly healing totems, so my power was nowhere near where it should have been, but the thing is: I just don't want to go back there and then keep going back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    The only thing I dislike about Thorgast is that you can't get gear out of it (sans the Legendaries).

I would love to focus on it as end-game content. The ammount of time I can spend playing is limited. Given the option I would just log in a few hours a week to clear Thorgast and skip Mythic+/Raiding as a whole.
    I'd love that too and i expected it to be that way, it's mind boggeling that you only get soul ash and cosmetics.

I loved it in Anarchy Online to generate a random dungeon and run it for the chance of some loot. Was one of my favourite things to do there. I had really hoped Thorgast would be like that.

Just wait until Twisting Corridors come out, and then talk about how easy Torghast is.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have recently started running it now and it is a little repetitive and long. But this is just based on being required to run it over and over in a single day. It might even out once it becomes a weekly thing instead of daily for quests and dailies it has been so far for me.

The mobs haven't been a challenge so far, the traps are whats killed me. I wasted an entire run hitting every trap on the second floor. That annoyed me a little but it was my fault. But by that point I had ran it like 3 times in a row solo and I was blah on it.

It's hard to formulate an opinion really at this moment. But I'm not sold on trash killing as a requirement to improve my character. Less trash, more bosses really. Something like brawlers bosses would be an improvement. Mechanics to deal with but randomized bosses every run.
    Last edited by Malania; 2020-11-30 at 12:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Torghast is alright, it doesn't blow anything out of the park but it is decent. That said, blew through all of the bosses no problem until Upper Reaches Layer 3. Maybe i had a bad combination of powers but on my rogue that boss feels practically unbeatable due to his .5 second buff cast that is back up before even my kick is.

So far I like the idea of Torghast, but then again I play a Demon Hunter

I do hope that this is something continued in the future and improved on, and not dropped like Garrisons were

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I think Torghast is alright, it doesn't blow anything out of the park but it is decent. That said, blew through all of the bosses no problem until Upper Reaches Layer 3. Maybe i had a bad combination of powers but on my rogue that boss feels practically unbeatable due to his .5 second buff cast that is back up before even my kick is.
    That's where I hit every trap on every run and wiped myself ironically. >_<

So folks are bored following the story, bored mindlessly killing monster with buffed abilities.

Ever thought maybe you are just bored with life in general? Its not the game, its you.

For me, thorghast is a fresh and welcome part of the game. The only complaint i have is that they need to make soulash come from different sources than thorghast, so i dont need to see whiny posts like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kynario View Post
    I just miss the days when one elite mob was dangerous (think TBC Heroic Dungeons). The game was more Souls-esque. Now it's so easy, so face-roll, so casual, nothing is dangerous, nothing is a challenge. I'm talking about single-player content and how the world and mobs aren't challenging anymore. Of course, Mythic content, Raids are a challenge as always - more so than in the past.
    The only hard part of TBC heroics was Shattered halls or Shadow labs. And it's not like they didn't get easier over time or have to be purposefully ran harder. There were times where my guild tank had to remove gear just so they could generate enough threat because they couldn't be hit with their stats. And then there were places like Mechanar that everyone used as a speed run to farm badges.

Rose tinted glasses.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I have been raiding since Vanilla.
    I remember every single raid and how it was cumbersome clearing all that fucking trash.
    Always wondered why the fuck is there even trash mobs in raids?
    And now they brought it as a core part of the game. Amazing.
    Someone said that devs said the game changed from being fun to keeping players occupied. No wonder devs quit!
    They tried that raid, Trial of the Crusader, unfortunately for people like you it wasn't well received. Turns out a lot of the playerbase likes having trash between bosses, just not too much trash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    They tried that raid, Trial of the Crusader, unfortunately for people like you it wasn't well received. Turns out a lot of the playerbase likes having trash between bosses, just not too much trash.
    Yeah it was a boring raid. Took an hour and you were done. Was like, "so... go back to Ulduar for the remaining 3 hours?"

The place is full of variety, but throughout each patch, they need to update this place even more, or else things aren't going to go well for Blizz regarding Torghast. They also need to buff the enemies, yeah. Twisting Corridor's shouldn't be the only challenge, but whatever.

However, Torghast is rewarding. Why? Soul Ash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    You've currently done 2 out of 6 cellblocks. Out of that, you have done possibly 3 layers in each, which is easy and tuned around before end game gearing progression. Each cellblock goes up to layer 8. So you've experienced the EASY version of 2 layouts/themes. This is entirely before unlocking endless corridors, which gives you the random variation of theme.

So you've barely scratched about 5% of the system, and have decided it sucks? Ok then!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    The place is full of variety, but throughout each patch, they need to update this place even more, or else things aren't going to go well for Blizz regarding Torghast. They also need to buff the enemies, yeah. Twisting Corridor's shouldn't be the only challenge, but whatever.

However, Torghast is rewarding. Why? Soul Ash.
    Meh, you may disagree but I basically see soul ash as a form of badge of justice/valor etc. Just a currency to trade in eventually when you have enough. I never enjoyed farming Karazhan etc for badges when I had raid gear that made the content pointless to me.

It needs a little something extra for me to make it worthwhile as a long term thing. But as I've just learned below I get what I wanted from it later? Squee!
    Last edited by Malania; 2020-11-30 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Updated

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    You've currently done 2 out of 6 cellblocks. Out of that, you have done possibly 3 layers in each, which is easy and tuned around before end game gearing progression. Each cellblock goes up to layer 8. So you've experienced the EASY version of 2 layouts/themes. This is entirely before unlocking endless corridors, which gives you the random variation of theme.

So you've barely scratched about 5% of the system, and have decided it sucks? Ok then!
    Not only that, Twisting Corridors (which has 18 floors per run) isn't open yet, and is intended to be the FULL Torghast experience, rewarding cosmetics and at the very last layer, a mount that can be mounted in the maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post

You do not need to eat all the egg to see if it's rotten.
    Yes it's just the first easy part. And it sucks.

A new feature should astonish you, grab you with interest.
    And intead it's boring and useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    - There's almost no variation in levels. Maybe they are random (I have not replayed them), but I grow tired of watching them.
    - The monsters are nothing special. You see them over and over again and they have the same abilities.
    - The buffs are nice and some are fun to use, but you start seeing them repeat very often.
    - The challenge. What challenge? Once I get my 1250 Soul Ash for the quest to see where it leads to, I won't be coming anytime soon, if ever (if not absolutely needed, but I'm a casual, so not gonna happen).

Blizzard took what everyone hated the most and made it a core part of the game - killing trash mobs for no reward.
    I like it so maybe stop thinking that your opinion is a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razi80 View Post
    You do not need to eat all the egg to see if it's rotten.
    Yes it's just the first easy part. And it sucks.

A new feature should astonish you, grab you with interest.
    And intead it's boring and useless.
    I can guarantee you if they added it all now before you have access to the appropriate gear, you will see the forum flooded with "OMG torghast is too hard, i spent 30 minutes slogging my way through and couldn't get past XYZ floor or XYZ boss". Hell, you already see some of these posts already.

How can you say there is no variation if you've only ran through once? The variety so far is great. They have pre-built rooms that slot in together so you will run into the same room multiple times but rarely in the same order.

Non of the monsters are anything special at this point in the game in my opinion, (stay out of bad, interrupt X, get enemies health to 0 be fore yours does)

I don't know if you mean if you want more anima power variety in general or per run. I would love to see more anima powers. I would love to see more anima powers as the expansion goes on as well, but if you mean per run they do stack. On one of my runs i kept getting an anima power that increased my healing stream totem's healing by 100%, I wasn't really lucky with much else but when i got to the boss i had that power stacked 4 or 5 times healing me for 40k per tick, a little less then double my health pool, essentially making me unkillable short of a one shot. Then on another run i would stack earth elemental CD reduction and add the earthquake on my elemental power having it up almost 100% of the run. I've seen several possible builds that would be really fun, to try and go for, but you can't just chose the better of the two powers on its own. (why would i chose 100% more healing on a healing stream totem over 35% more mastery?)

As far as a challenge goes, this is how you brag about how good you are, I've seen more people say they failed their layer 3 run then complete it solo, as gear starts coming in it will get easier and easier, but there are 8 more layers yet to be released. Maybe you find them just as easy, but the good news is you only have to do the highest level that rewards soul ash once a week which is already a million times better then the endless grind of horrific visions regardless if you liked them or not.

Maybe you got shafted with your class and what anima powers you can get, try another class.

I can see this getting boring after back to back runs after a few months in, but this is only week one of the expansion and so far I am loving it, and I not saying you should too, but I do hope you give it a couple weeks until the full version of it is out before you throw it to the side