Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    As many others have said - the community is the issue with WoW, not the game.

Nothing can be done about it OP ... I play most of the game solo because there is little room for enjoyment in group play.
    In this instance, blizzard is 100% to blame. As every single player who levels up to 60 find themselves lacking ilvl to que for heroic, even thou a good amount of them are more than capable of running heroic dungeons with the ilvl they get from levling.

And while a good amount of these ppl just manually run to heroics to do them outside of the groupfinder theres a large enough population that simply spamms normal dungeons to get the ilvl they need to do heroic dungs. These players have a skillset that is vastly above what the normal dungeons where tuned for wich leads to what the OP describes. Groups that blitz throu content that is undertuned for them.

Overall, its kinda sad the state of the game is at release, the only content availible is severly undertuend for a good portion of the playerbase. Wich leads to said portion of the playerbase doing the same thing they do in classic wow. Wich is creating difficulty on their own by attmepting to run the content as fast as humanly possible.
    It would be such a blessing if blizz decided to open up m+ on day1, even with ilvl cap of what the m0 dungs are it would give players something to do.

Honestly, id go as far as saying the vast majority of "issues" in this game comes from blizzard forcing players of diffrent skill and goals together when its quite obvious that they don't get along at all.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2020-11-30 at 11:11 AM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    the tank is in fact a DPS who switched spec to skip the queue.
    As a healer, this hurts my soul. Had a tank in a heroic yesterday who had zero talents picked, and only used shield block. When he'd die the UH DK would pick everything up and tank significantly better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Nothing can be done about it OP ... I play most of the game solo because there is little room for enjoyment in group play.
    Agreed . . I play solo too for the exact same reason

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    By the amount of people expressing that they desire a slower pace in dungeon content (me included), I think we would've figured out how to create a community for the like-minded - you will have zero problems with stressful players if you stop playing with them.

There is no 'solution' to this 'problem'.

The only way to 'fix' the 'problem' would be to massively overtune the content to where chain pulling isn't possible which would be terrible for a few reasons:
    1. In retail normal dungeons are tuned around the absolute lowest common denominator (because of lfg), introducing any difficulty at all will make it impossible for these people to clear content once normal players had moved on to heroic/mythic;
    2. They would still get overgeared eventually, content is supposed to be cleared in gear from below it one you have gear from that content you are supposed to breeze through it. Even the last great example of hard heroics, the unpuggable, CC required in every pack Cata dungeons before the nerf if you were in heroic gear it was getting to the point you could aoe faceroll these places.
    3. The game doesn't prioritize entire pull hard CC anymore. Even in m+ you have to get to super high keys before people will start wasting time with longform CC, even then its only ever on specific problem packs

EDIT:
    M+ gogogog mindset? Try wrath.
    Gogogogo has existed for longer than it hasn't. People need to stop pretending that anything in vanilla/tbc/wrath represents the majority of the game (or play classic).
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2020-11-30 at 11:38 AM.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Then don't pug and play with other friends who wait for 5 minutes before every pull.

Players who can't keep up are the problem. If you need a break after every trash pull because you're stressed out you should find a different game.

Time is a precious resource, I'm not gonna waste it spending 2 hours in Halls of Atonement on Normal because some lad wants to stare at every gargoyle statue for 5 minutes.
    Last edited by Ashina; 2020-11-30 at 11:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't help that Blizzard started to actively encourage it starting in WotLK with mounts etc and then with challenge modes in MoP and then M+ timed runs. But there is a case for players that some people want to get the dungeon done as fast as possible so they can do another run or go do something they find more enjoyable.

Like if I am a tank, I'm aware people are generally just wanting to get it done fast and the pace I set is the pace the group has to follow me at. If I'm delaying 4 people that's my fault. But if I'm asked to slow or notice the healer has trouble with mana I will slow the pace.

It's community and Blizzard responsible together. And really in the end, you're 1/5th of the players in the group. You have to acknowledge they all have different wants than you.
    Last edited by Malania; 2020-11-30 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Expanded my point

This, i hope Blizzard ignores the whiners and keeps adding soloable content. Hell i'd opt for solo raids up to and including mythic if it was possible in a non cheesy way, not because i don't like people but because they get so tiring when they're necessary.
    Inb4 comments about skill: If i were terrible and try a mythic boss solo he'll still kick my ass, so don't get your dick in a bind over that sorta thing, it's about the wait for others and tge need to have patience with legions of screaming entitled morons of various levels of skill.

Hell avid raiders should be happy about it too: it makes it much less likely that anyone raiding with them is there for any reason other than that he wants to function in a raidgroup.
    The only ones to lose are the obnoxious types that need to have material incentives to get people to group with them.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

The only issue i see here, as usual, are people that are too lazy to state any sort of intent for their group and then expect everybody then plays around their pace.

Want a slower run? Make your own group (If you use LFD, you already fucked up) and write stuff like "Chill run" or something related into the description.
    People who want a fast paced will most likely not sign up, because they obviously don't want a chill run.

It's not the "communities fault", it's your own fault for believing everybody should play the game the same way as you do.

People that complain about this shit are the real problem, because they are unable to get through their head that in an MMO, it's fucking crucial to play with like minded people, but rather blame the community as a whole, then resort to "solo play" and expect the entire game designed around that.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-11-30 at 12:51 PM.

I think that even people, who like to chill and do it slowly, will want to do it faster after 10 times. Especially in pugs, where most of people joins not for fun, but to strike out another point on their weekly to-do list. For fun they run with friends.

I mean it's kinda inevitable with MMOs - devs prepare incentives for players to do content repeatedly, so players do it. But they don't like it that much, and they are kind of fed up with it, so they just want to get it done asap and move on to other stuff. So they push to speed it up, and anything that slows it down annoys them.

And I'm the guy who likes to do things slowly, keep trying after whipes, beat the challenge rather than flawlessly farm. I just avoided pugs when I played WoW. Getting your own group of like-minded people is the only possible solution
    Last edited by procne; 2020-11-30 at 12:02 PM.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Blizzard has a bad habit of cluttering their dungeons with too many mobs instead of making meaningful mob packs that you have to fight, so i cant blame tanks for trying to make the dungeon runs as short as possible. Imo they have the most stressful job and are under pressure from the group to be efficient. I let them do their thing while i play whack a mole with hp bars with heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    This has been the case since forever. I still remember wotlk speedrunning dungeons. Even ghostcrawler said that he is responsible for creating that mindset back then. So ye.. this is nothing new.

What about you try to make some friends to run dungeons with?
    Oh wow, 3rd post already has my retour for this entire thread.
    Or just say at the start you're new.

People are so afraid of communicating ingame, they rather do it on forums. Sadly, alot of people like going fast and challenging themselves a bit. A wipe, or just a message is usually enough to let them know that they should slow down.
    Atleast I barely have had a single group yet, where people weren't up to talk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    This, i hope Blizzard ignores the whiners and keeps adding soloable content. Hell i'd opt for solo raids up to and including mythic if it was possible in a non cheesy way, not because i don't like people but because they get so tiring when they're necessary.
    Inb4 comments about skill: If i were terrible and try a mythic boss solo he'll still kick my ass, so don't get your dick in a bind over that sorta thing, it's about the wait for others and tge need to have patience with legions of screaming entitled morons of various levels of skill.

Hell avid raiders should be happy about it too: it makes it much less likely that anyone raiding with them is there for any reason other than that he wants to function in a raidgroup.
    The only ones to lose are the obnoxious types that need to have material incentives to get people to group with them.
    Hey, that reminds me about an expansion, where you WERE able to solo gear yourself effectively!
    Remember how insanely hated WoD was for secluding the players in Garrisons?
    Raiding with a guild or even pugging is an experience I'd not want to trade for anything. Managing a huge group IS a challange, and requires skill. It's an MMO, and even FF14 understands that, despite designing the game as an jrpg first, and mmo second.
    If you care not about others during your content, gear also loses its meaning quite quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The only issue i see here, as usual, are people that are too lazy to state any sort of intent for their group and then expect everybody then plays around their pace.

It's not the "communities fault", it's your own fault for believing everybody should play the game the same way as you do.
    Yes.
    Last edited by LordTakeo; 2020-11-30 at 12:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    "Real" MMORPG means not having the lionshare of your content be singleplayer. Pretty objective, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently did Halls of Atonement (or how this is called)...

DH tank lvl 53!! pulled 30-40 mobs at once. Died a few times. It was so freaking annoying

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind it when groups skip packs or take slight detours to skip trash that would take longer to kill. What does grind my gears is when people go to ridiculous extremes to skip a trash pack, often taking longer than killing the trash would, or causing dangerous situations where the slightest mistake will pull the trash together with more packs. This doesn't mean much when you heavily outgear dungeons, but at early stages of an expansion this can cause some group frustration and wasting far more time than simply pulling and killing the trash normally would.

I still get pissed off whenever I look at that ledge in Everbloom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I’m so sick of it. The toxic fucking m+ gogoggo mindset has ruined all forms of group content in this game. Now I can’t even enjoy a freaking NORMAL dungeon without the tank using m+ routes and going AS UBERWTTTDBBBQQQQ FAST AS POSSIBILE.

God don’t people just fuckijg do shit to enjoy it? Don’t people enjoy the environments in games anymore? Must everything be a means to an end, which must come as fast as possible because I NEED MY REWARD RN?

I haven’t ran a single normal dungeon where the tank wasn’t on fucking coke
    Well I'm prot pala, got self healz, keep up son!

I did a few heroics and mythics, in every single one I had no idea what boss did. When I and other fucked up, no one cared. Not even in mythic. I even went afk in a random for 10 fucking minutes and didn't get booted (I was the TANK). I think you just need to settle down.

I agree but only for normal dungeons. I play a healer this time around and in every single levelling dungeon I went in, the tank had already pulled and was at half health by the time I loaded in. It takes me like 10 seconds to do so because I don't have wow on my SSD. But atleast I could look around after the last boss. Except this one time where the last boss died and a milisecond later the tank queued for a random. I just left because I didn't want to slow them down.

They really should add solo dungeons for Normals at least. FFXIV has done it, so should WoW.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lack of IRL responsibilities I´d guess.

I used to be like that when I didn´t have any too

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone expect a random group to go slow as hell and smell the roses and look at the scenery the whole time or something? Unless the healer is going OOM, why wouldn't you chain pull? What's fun about standing around doing nothing between pulls? The four other people who randomly got placed with you have absolutely no obligation to waste their time so you can piddle around and take screen shots in niche places guarded by 5 packs that don't need to be pulled.

There's a MASSIVE variance in players in this game. There's easily a guild out there for practically every play style, you just need to put a small amount of effort into finding them sometimes, especially for niche things like slowly running normal dungeons even after you've run them 12+ times.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    By the amount of people expressing that they desire a slower pace in dungeon content (me included), I think we would've figured out how to create a community for the like-minded - you will have zero problems with stressful players if you stop playing with them.
    I also wonder about that and I have come to the conclusion that virtually all good/fast/competent and/or self-aware players have left mmo-champion for various discords and that mmo-champion now has a huge over-representation of wilfully or unwillingly bad players and/or players that think that they are the centre of the universe.

A person who doesn't play WoW that would read this forum would think that the game consists of a majority of nice players that is being oppressed by tiny minority of extremely evil players.
    And these evil players have the power to ban the nice players from talking and grouping with each other so those nice players only can do solo content or play with the evil players that abuse and debase them.

This "problem" like the "problem" of being "excluded" can be solved very easy: It only requires people to find their metaphorical balls and reach out and find people just like themselves, but these people still keep demanding that Blizzard should force other players to play with them and play like they want to play.

It truly baffles me. It reminds of a fly that keeps banging in to the same window again and again and again instead of flying out of the open window nearby.
    Last edited by T-34; 2020-11-30 at 01:06 PM.