Thread: Superman & Lois

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I plan on watching this today as I have some spare time before I start back homework for the week. I'm a fan of Tyler Hoechlin and the shots of him in the Superman outfit showing his nice round ass made me drool lol. I mean seriously have you seen THIS yet???

Last edited by gaymer77; 2021-03-08 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I've always found it odd people expect his sperm to shoot out like a bullet.
    Strength to move mountains (and even planets); but somehow can safely interact with humans? He should have shot her to the moon! (There's a Trojan advert in the making)

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Gotta love it.. hehe

Doesn't superman coneive when he is stripped of powers in the old movies?

I wonder if they'll ever explain why Superman usually won't be able to interact with human females sexually, and how he managed to conceive twins. The conception happened on that weird planet space station from Super girl 2 seasons ago right? Where he meets his mum or his aunt don't remember, but lois is with him, nd she is pregnant when they leave it before crisis.. or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Strength to move mountains (and even planets); but somehow can safely interact with humans? He should have shot her to the moon! (There's a Trojan advert in the making)
    Does Kal-El shit or pee in special bathrooms? Can a regular shitter hold a kryptonian turd or does it need to be reinforced in steel and concrete?

What about the farts? Is it safe for Superman to fart on a plane or the atmospheric pressure will turn the plane into pieces?

Oohhh the universe....quoting Carl Sagan..."so full of misteries and endless wonders".

Episode 3 was really the best so far... this show I'm liking more and more.

It really feels a lot more classy than what we are use to on the CW, and the effects.. HS, cool, but also really well balanced.. it's not - powered but with a finesse to it, and more going on.

The drama is also much better, I was expecting the worse kind of tropes we get with angsty teenager, , parent hate, and everything typically showing off to be the worse without any real good reason which usually = drama for the sake of drama to make a show sensational.

While there was a measure of that ofc, it was much better handled here than I've seen on a show from this channel in a long time.

But then I hear that HBO is in on this, and is actually the one running this. It moves over to their channel with their line up next year, with the CW having second dibs.. from what I gather, this is not a sole CW production, there is much more involvement from the higher ups.

You can see real quality, and I had a couple of wow moments, one on the way the drama was executed, and the other on the action - which went way above the quality grade we're use to seeing. Check it out..

It seems like they are setting up Lois's father to be like "I need you to be superman more so I'm going to help this Captain Luthor kill you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Episode 3 was really the best so far... this show I'm liking more and more.

It really feels a lot more classy than what we are use to on the CW, and the effects.. HS, cool, but also really well balanced.. it's not - powered but with a finesse to it, and more going on.

The drama is also much better, I was expecting the worse kind of tropes we get with angsty teenager, , parent hate, and everything typically showing off to be the worse without any real good reason which usually = drama for the sake of drama to make a show sensational.

While there was a measure of that ofc, it was much better handled here than I've seen on a show from this channel in a long time.

But then I hear that HBO is in on this, and is actually the one running this. It moves over to their channel with their line up next year, with the CW having second dibs.. from what I gather, this is not a sole CW production, there is much more involvement from the higher ups.

You can see real quality, and I had a couple of wow moments, one on the way the drama was executed, and the other on the action - which went way above the quality grade we're use to seeing. Check it out..
    Best episode on a CW show I have ever watched. episode 3

I still can't get over how good this is - for that channel. The lads actually feel like lads. It's refreshing - I can totally relate to both them.. most of these shows I watch, especially on the CW, the characters really don't feel real, and it doesn't matter if they're powered or normal whether it's a fantasy show or not, they are often way overly dramatic, and not in a flattering way. This was nice, and I was at first a bit worried from the short preview after episode 2, that they'd write Jordan into full rage emo villain (and they still might), but loving how they don't run stupid with it, and love how Clarke always manages to reach his son, but he does it in a relatable way.. kinda like a good dad would, rather than say a mom would which is what tends to happen in these shows.. they get the male character off quite a lot

They're either too aggressive and abusive, or too sentimental and emotional - as if the person writing them doesn't understand how a normal man would behave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It seems like they are setting up Lois's father to be like "I need you to be superman more so I'm going to help this Captain Luthor kill you!"
    That would be the predictable course, given the track record of these kinda shows, hope they don't go there, all you need is the element of that, show the moral dilemma a military leader has to face in such situation, , and if he does turn way from it, not do so in a preachy let's shove our ideology down your throat kinda way - (like happens a lot in supergirl)

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Best episode on a CW show I have ever watched. episode 3

I still can't get over how good this is - for that channel. The lads actually feel like lads. It's refreshing - I can totally relate to both them.. most of these shows I watch, especially on the CW, the characters really don't feel real, and it doesn't matter if they're powered or normal whether it's a fantasy show or not, they are often way overly dramatic, and not in a flattering way. This was nice, and I was at first a bit worried from the short preview after episode 2, that they'd write Jordan into full rage emo villain (and they still might), but loving how they don't run stupid with it, and love how Clarke always manages to reach his son, but he does it in a relatable way.. kinda like a good dad would, rather than say a mom would which is what tends to happen in these shows.. they get the male character off quite a lot

They're either too aggressive and abusive, or too sentimental and emotional - as if the person writing them doesn't understand how a normal man would behave.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be the predictable course, given the track record of these kinda shows, hope they don't go there, all you need is the element of that, show the moral dilemma a military leader has to face in such situation, , and if he does turn way from it, not do so in a preachy let's shove our ideology down your throat kinda way - (like happens a lot in supergirl)
    It's a half descent show, with potential, don't overhype it yet.. you're just use to such a low quality.. the bar is so low on the CW, that a half decent show will look amazing.

If you hadn't noticed, most Tv shows recently especially on this network have bene written for women, largely by women, this is why you don't relate to them as much. And why the men always seem a bit ... off. Focused a bit too much on things we would never really.

Seems like we have both genders writing this, and doing it well, at least guys who understand what guys are really like and are not trying to indoctrinate us all into intersectionalism.

I like that for a change on this, they are not pitting the main cast, especially a family dynamic of the good guy and bad guy. usually it's either parents vs kids, or husband vs wife or both, with someone always sort of being the villain or the cheesy naughty one (see Riverdale).

this actually seems normal, and showing normal well, which is vital in superhero and fantasy shows because of all the unreal stuff that the fantasy usually has with it.

It's a half descent show, with potential, don't overhype it yet.. you're just use to such a low quality.. the bar is so low on the CW, that a half decent show will look amazing.

If you hadn't noticed, most Tv shows recently especially on this network have bene written for women, largely by women, this is why you don't relate to them as much. And why the men always seem a bit ... off. Focused a bit too much on things we would never really.

Seems like we have both genders writing this, and doing it well, at least guys who understand what guys are really like and are not trying to indoctrinate us all into intersectionalism.

I like that for a change on this, they are not pitting the main cast, especially a family dynamic of the good guy and bad guy. usually it's either parents vs kids, or husband vs wife or both, with someone always sort of being the villain or the cheesy naughty one (see Riverdale).

this actually seems normal, and showing normal well, which is vital in superhero and fantasy shows because of all the unreal stuff that the fantasy usually has with it.
    Oh..fully aware. Like the Sarah moment where she gets totally emo and quits the cheer leading squad, and gets emo with her mum..is typical CW, but how the conflict progresses then resolves is a mark above the rest.

Another instance is the football field event, how they handled all of this. at last you feel the characters are just characters - not race picked nad forced into an ideal .. the black guy is just a guy, and reacts like most guys would, he isn't made particularly good or bad just because of his skin colour, nor are the twins.

The twins act very well too.. it's quite surprising.

Oh..fully aware. Like the Sarah moment where she gets totally emo and quits the cheer leading squad, and gets emo with her mum..is typical CW, but how the conflict progresses then resolves is a mark above the rest.

Another instance is the football field event, how they handled all of this. at last you feel the characters are just characters - not race picked nad forced into an ideal .. the black guy is just a guy, and reacts like most guys would, he isn't made particularly good or bad just because of his skin colour, nor are the twins.

The twins act very well too.. it's quite surprising.
    I like how boys get to ask their dad questions about his powers, a side of superman we've never had in-story, it's like one of us being in the family getting to ask questions about things - you know like they ask him how he can hear so much and then pick out specific things.

Supermans are notorious at not explaining the finer details of the powers.

I like how boys get to ask their dad questions about his powers, a side of superman we've never had in-story, it's like one of us being in the family getting to ask questions about things - you know like they ask him how he can hear so much and then pick out specific things.

Supermans are notorious at not explaining the finer details of the powers.
    I like the scene in the school when Clarke arrives, and an argument at home follows later, and Jordan rages, but gets over it fast.. this is so typically guys - rage, and it passes, usually in the CW they carry it on forever, which is so weird for blokes to do, and they don't dwell on the drama

I like the scene in the school when Clarke arrives, and an argument at home follows later, and Jordan rages, but gets over it fast.. this is so typically guys - rage, and it passes, usually in the CW they carry it on forever, which is so weird for blokes to do, and they don't dwell on the drama
    I like how Jordan just bullrushes the football guys in practice .. felt awesome, not because he was using his powers, but you could see he was using the event to get back at the guys for bullying him, it has to be this way, because in a normal fight he can't use his powers, so he has to take it, and this way he can get them back.

I like the manner too, it's not an all out fight, he doesn't get super vindictive or mean like the CW tends to right it with football lads

also like how football lads aren't just the bane of all things, like they've been usually portrayed in like very teen drama and western show out of California.. hehe. Also like how the twins are both doing football..so it's not a clear obvious - this one is the nerd, that one is the jerk, it's mixed up but in an interesting way, and you see there is more to them than just one role thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I like how the twins actually like each other and get along, not only that they have each others' back.. the opening episode where Jonathan dives in to save his brother in what could only mean he would die - was basically a WOW moment, and you instantly like him after that. is really good, quite usually when it comes to these shows, the focus seems to be a lot more on the rivalries with little time for the friendships.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh that gives me more hope that yea - this wont be a 'regular' CW show and therefore, more liked by people who just can't take the "CW Flair" (on their shows lol). I hope that is true - I'd like more superhero shows outside of "main CW" shows to watch. I just can't do the CW cheese, I've tried - it just isn't what I enjoy.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

It just seems like such an illogical stance to take. He wants Clark to be superman more so he tries to kill him? Wouldn't that do the opposite of what he wants? And if he wants less superman why not just push him to do more of the family thing? It just makes no sense to me. We'll see if thats what they are setting up but the latest episode seems to be going that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    But he does safely interact with humans all the time....
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

New episode was really good again. This show continues to surprise me every time. I keep expecting it to turn to shite, but it keeps getting better. No one here is talking about it though and I'm not sure why. It's a great show and is the best superhero show on the CW network i've seen to date.

If anything it's too short, ove how they play the characters and would be interesting to see where the plot goes. I wonder if it will have any cross overs with other CW shows, or other DC shows like Titans.

I do have a secret wish that Jonathan would get powers.. although it seems a bit obvious, you really want him too as well. maybe if they did it in a round about way, like he got posesseed by X-kryponite, and when he was finally set free, his latent natural abilities kicked in or even more surprising were enhanced because of the ordeal. N ow that would be really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Pretty much what I need to hear to finally make a start on this.

Personally, I've just been waiting for it to get a decent enough amount of episodes for people to draw a reasonably informed opinion on the quality before I start watching. Hence the above.
    I kinda envy you now, I wish I had waited and could binge watch.

I would recommend waiting till next week's episode is about to start Then starting.

New episode was really good again. This show continues to surprise me every time. I keep expecting it to turn to shite, but it keeps getting better. No one here is talking about it though and I'm not sure why. It's a great show and is the best superhero show on the CW network i've seen to date.

If anything it's too short, ove how they play the characters and would be interesting to see where the plot goes. I wonder if it will have any cross overs with other CW shows, or other DC shows like Titans.
    I love this show. Only supershow it doesn't beat handily is Invincible, IMHO. It really has it all - interesting, grounded characters, they get into believable conflicts, but they then actually talk to each other like decent people and resolve to handle together. The conflicts are still there and make trouble for them and interesting stories for us, but they don't take the easy way out and build drama by having characters not talk to each other or misunderstand.

And the action is low-key fantastic. It's not a focus of the show at all, but whenever it pops up it's entertaining and imaginative, and they fully use supes' entire powerset (frost breath, heat vision, superspeed, x-ray vision, they even have the thunderclap where he knocks out a bunch of normal criminals). I love the early scene where Lois is surprised by a supervillain during an investigation - she hits the panic button, ducks, and then gets her witness to safety while superman handles the villain.

So few places on the net seems to talk about this show. It's probably because it on the surface is another version of Smallville and Lois & Clark, so it's not something "new". It's just so well done.

On length and CW - The full season is 15 episodes, not quite the 22 of standard CW fair, but longer than most shows these days. The show is, for now, firmly rooted in the CW-verse, where the leads initially appeared, and they are aware of and were involved in the Arrowverse's Crisis on Infinite Earths. (I haven't watched any other arrowverse show in years, but I have had no problem following anything. Knowing that the characters know about the multiverse might be a help though.)

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Hmm. I assume you have a reason for that, so that's what I'll do
    Just that you get one extra episode. Actually this weeks episode doesn't end on the cliff hanger, the previous one did, so it would be a good one time to start watching all of them.

My logic was you'd get one more week if you wait till next week, but then you coudl carry that logic and wait till the season is done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    I love this show. Only supershow it doesn't beat handily is Invincible, IMHO. It really has it all - interesting, grounded characters, they get into believable conflicts, but they then actually talk to each other like decent people and resolve to handle together. The conflicts are still there and make trouble for them and interesting stories for us, but they don't take the easy way out and build drama by having characters not talk to each other or misunderstand.

And the action is low-key fantastic. It's not a focus of the show at all, but whenever it pops up it's entertaining and imaginative, and they fully use supes' entire powerset (frost breath, heat vision, superspeed, x-ray vision, they even have the thunderclap where he knocks out a bunch of normal criminals). I love the early scene where Lois is surprised by a supervillain during an investigation - she hits the panic button, ducks, and then gets her witness to safety while superman handles the villain.

So few places on the net seems to talk about this show. It's probably because it on the surface is another version of Smallville and Lois & Clark, so it's not something "new". It's just so well done.

On length and CW - The full season is 15 episodes, not quite the 22 of standard CW fair, but longer than most shows these days. The show is, for now, firmly rooted in the CW-verse, where the leads initially appeared, and they are aware of and were involved in the Arrowverse's Crisis on Infinite Earths. (I haven't watched any other arrowverse show in years, but I have had no problem following anything. Knowing that the characters know about the multiverse might be a help though.)
    But it's 15 years after the arrowverse criss on infinte earth, it's more in timeline to the Arrow sequel, whatever it is called, that really looks terrible.

But since it is HBO and DC that have taken the show, - it will be airing on HBO Max and not CW next season, this is why ihoped for a Titans link up.

I also heard that the CW are not the only ones involved in doing this show.

10+ Year Old Account

I do have a secret wish that Jonathan would get powers.. although it seems a bit obvious, you really want him too as well. maybe if they did it in a round about way, like he got posesseed by X-kryponite, and when he was finally set free, his latent natural abilities kicked in or even more surprising were enhanced because of the ordeal. N ow that would be really cool.
    I've been pretty surprised by it myself.

There's a whopping heap of "teen drama" that needs to die. Not the romance stuff, which is honestly better than expected, but the stupid-ass focus on high school sports as if any of that shit actually matters, or petty bullying. When it's framed against supervillainy, it comes off as REALLY fucking dumb. "But moooom, I can't take time off to train my budding superpowers, the big game's on Saturday!" Fuck off, writers, this is dumb and you're dumb for writing it. Every time a Kent kid talks sports, I want to throw something at the screen.

Everything else is pretty great, though. The shift to small town life with an adult, parental Superman is the shift to the character I didn't think we needed. They're making the primary focus of the show seemingly into an exploration of Superman's personal ethics, which is the only way to make the guy interesting. Lois is a powerhouse in her own right, which is necessary for this to work.

They've managed to not make either Kent kid "the bad one". They're both just decent kids. They've got issues, because they're teenagers, but both of them have issues and for reasonable reasons, and it doesn't feel like they're setting up a spin towards EEEVUL for either. You kinda get notes of that early on but they're pretty quickly shot down.

I'm also pretty happy they just casually reference the entire history of Superman canon. "Oh, this is a multiverse thing, we've done alternate universes before" coming out of Lois' mouth is hilarious. Just "catch up, audience, we're not re-explaining concepts that are done to death". With Irons' history and reveal, an interesting take on the multiverse and Superman might be exploring the possibility that it isn't that other Kal-Els in other universes go bad. It's that this universe's Kal-El somehow went good. That he's the exception, and thus special not just in terms of powers but also his sense of ethics and duty, even among alternate versions of himself. That might actually make the character interesting again.