Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Toxic people? Fuck em. Move on, find new people to play with. Dont give them anything. Let them complain, let the whine. Move on, do your thing, be good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    But your temper and going off on people accomplishes nothing but adding to the toxicity. Just bite your tongue regardless. Do your part by not contributing to the toxicity in the first place.
    I'm hopeful I can train them with negative reinforcement to do it right. They'll have night terrors and flash backs of this mechanic in the future and will do it right .

You're welcome for whomever gets them in the future. I have them trained.
    Last edited by Malania; 2020-12-08 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    I'm hopeful I can train them with negative reinforcement to do it right. They'll have night terrors and flash backs of this mechanic in the future and will do it right .

You're welcome for whomever gets them in the future. I have them trained.
    You will never get that being a jerk. Ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    You will never get that being a jerk. Ever.
    You say that but when you get them, and they break down at the boss due to PTSD but do it right. You'll send me a card for the gold savings.

I don't know. I don't think it's any better or worse than any other expansion. In fact I think it's a bit better than Classic which is so toxic I've pretty much given up and come back to retail.

Maybe I'm just playing at the right times or have been lucky, but most of my dungeon run groups have been pretty good, most people understand that it's the start of a new expansion and players are still learning mechanics and have been pretty understanding about mistakes and screwups. Actually had a really fun random group with some tank that was part of a Mythic Raiding Guild and pretty much soloed Theater of Pain while the rest of us watched in amazement. I also had a fairly awful group where nobody but me understood the mechanics of the Devos encounter in Spires of Ascension and it took 6 tries before I could convince them you needed to grab orbs and throw the spear.

My only real annoyance is all the political talk that goes on in general chat, I play WoW to get away from that crap I don't want to read "Trump this and Biden that" for hours on end. Of course you also have the kids off school, spamming the zone with "Yo Mama" jokes, but I've learned to tune them out years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Efioanaes View Post
    So im playing on and off since day one.
    Used to play in a very good guild pushing content hard with a few realm first boss kills etc [ive grown up since and dont care for trivial stuff like that anymore] more power to those that do but its just not for me anymore, life is too busy for that.
    These days im a lot more casual, no interest in raiding but do like to do mythics.
    My guild have died off so im pugging content but my god is this game more toxic than ever.
    Every single mythic run there are arguments, toxic abuse, really bad stuff not just blame game etc.
    Its actually got to the stage where im questioning playing anymore as im holding my breath every time i join a mythic group, its just too stressful.
    Maybe its a society thing but im not so sure as i play other games and few are this toxic.
    Grow a thick skin you might say but ive grown a very thick one over the last 16 years but right now im finding it hard to log in anymore.
    Come and play with us, Hell I'll even pay for your server transfer. The game is here to be enjoyed but you need friends to enjoy it. Add me on BNET Furious#1374

So, you are the only one who matters. Got it. How about not being a jerk and just being helpful? And, yes, it absolutely is elitism. The first step in removing toxicity is not adding to it yourself.
    You're srsly telling him that HE should be helpful? People can't take 30seconds to read journal and they jump into mythic wasting everyone's time, but it is him who is on fault here? Give me a break.

You see much more toxicy in the community, as u have more and more people like this guy who I quoted above. People who queue for content that requires a minimum of preparation and thinking, without any preparation, and then they start crying that someone is calling them out because they can't do simple mechanic.

My guild have died off so im pugging content
    I see you like punching yourself in the balls.

So im playing on and off since day one.
    Used to play in a very good guild pushing content hard with a few realm first boss kills etc [ive grown up since and dont care for trivial stuff like that anymore] more power to those that do but its just not for me anymore, life is too busy for that.
    These days im a lot more casual, no interest in raiding but do like to do mythics.
    My guild have died off so im pugging content but my god is this game more toxic than ever.
    Every single mythic run there are arguments, toxic abuse, really bad stuff not just blame game etc.
    Its actually got to the stage where im questioning playing anymore as im holding my breath every time i join a mythic group, its just too stressful.
    Maybe its a society thing but im not so sure as i play other games and few are this toxic.
    Grow a thick skin you might say but ive grown a very thick one over the last 16 years but right now im finding it hard to log in anymore.
    That's crazy because i've done 30 M0s between two characters and probably just as many heroics and haven't experienced what you are describing at all.

I got into a pug yesterday that was on the last boss of Necrotic Wake normal. They were going on and on about the strat to kill the boss. They went on for like 10 minutes of just standing there. In a normal.

I eventually said you don't learn a boss by talking about it, you've got to eventually try it. They replied with "We've never done this before Mr. Pro."

I take that to mean that they thought I was being toxic. I figure that's what a lot of people on here mean by "toxic".

Start your own groups. List them with a minimum iLvl but add in: Learning experience or something like that in the description.

Toxic people will never join that group because they think they are above learning. People who are bad at the game probably won't have high iLvl.

Make that experiment and report back, in the name of science.

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    You're srsly telling him that HE should be helpful? People can't take 30seconds to read journal and they jump into mythic wasting everyone's time, but it is him who is on fault here? Give me a break.

You see much more toxicy in the community, as u have more and more people like this guy who I quoted above. People who queue for content that requires a minimum of preparation and thinking, without any preparation, and then they start crying that someone is calling them out because they can't do simple mechanic.
    I am saying that he needs to bite their tongue and not be a jerk. In fact, you are showing toxicity with this attitude. YOu think it is OK to verbally attack anyone you want. Also, I have never been called out for anything. But I never have called anyone else out either, even when I saw reason to. Why? Because I am respectful of all players and not elitist. I bite my tongue, get the dungeon done, and move on. The toxicity comes from verbally abusive people who think they are perfect and believe that anyone who isn't exactly like them is trash.

I am saying that he needs to bite their tongue and not be a jerk. In fact, you are showing toxicity with this attitude. YOu think it is OK to verbally attack anyone you want. Also, I have never been called out for anything. But I never have called anyone else out either, even when I saw reason to. Why? Because I am respectful of all players and not elitist. I bite my tongue, get the dungeon done, and move on. The toxicity comes from verbally abusive people who think they are perfect and believe that anyone who isn't exactly like them is trash.
    No, if someone is a moron you tell him he is a moron. If someone has no clue what he is doing even though he joined the group, you tell that guy he shouldn't be here. You don't smile an tell him 'you did great! keep going!'. That is of course if you're not scared to say that.

You can be positive and supportive, if you're playing the content where people learn how to play, normals, lfr, heroic dungs, low m+ keys. But if you see someone who has no idea where he is on higher difficulty content, you should tell him openly that he shouldn't be here. He has no respect for his team mates time anyway.
    Last edited by HCLM; 2020-12-08 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Whats the shock pikachu face? The size of the guild(s) or my experience with pugs?
    the guild stuff just seems crazy to me haha

15+ Year Old Account
    No, if someone is a moron you tell him he is a moron. If someone has no clue what he is doing even though he joined the group, you tell that guy he shouldn't be here. You don't smile an tell him 'you did great! keep going!'. That is of course if you're not scared to say that.
    Which is toxic. You don't need to insult them. There is a far difference between being nice and lying by saying you did great keep going. You can be positive and supportive in any group content. There is no reason not to be. The problem seems to be you think being positive and supportive means you have to keep a person around or put up with them. Or that by doing so you lose respect.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the guild stuff just seems crazy to me haha
    We are 4 guilds on the same server. We use the Greenwall addon to merge our guild chat. One guild is our Hall Of Fame level mythic team (server 7th for Nyalotha), this guild has also existed with largely the same members since year 1 of Vanilla. Then we have the main community guild, that guild alone has 7 Raid teams (ranging from Normal/Heroic to Cutting Edge and one team actually Hall of Famed Nyalotha) and is likely expanding to 9 soon. The other two guilds are alt guilds where people park alternate toons, but they are not excluded from anything. It's not uncommon for a single raid team to members from all 4 groups in it.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Nothing has changed. Humans can be nice or shitty and since day 1 the anonymity of the internet has had a tendency to bring out the worst.

Sounds like you should just quit. You feel some obligation to keep playing?
    I don't think it's just the internet anymore. Remember, we are in the middle of a global pandemic with a central and reoccurring problem being "fuck everyone else I don't want to have to put a piece of thin paper over my face to prevent my countrymen and kin from dying" and "I don't really care if they starve to death or die I should be able to shop at Walmart if I damn well please and somebody better be there to serve me!"

Perhaps we are just becoming more aware of it, perhaps we're all just getting miserable, but the majority of people are entitled pricks these days. I would go so far as to say nobody cares about being a good person because you can get your social satisfaction from a carefully curated social media experience... We don't need a community, we can make our own and block anybody who criticizes us or calls us out for bad behaviour.

You can be positive and supportive, if you're playing the content where people learn how to play, normals, lfr, heroic dungs, low m+ keys. But if you see someone who has no idea where he is on higher difficulty content, you should tell him openly that he shouldn't be here. He has no respect for his team mates time anyway.
    Name calling is NEVER right. That is toxic behavior. I never said to smile and tell them they did great. What I an oters are saying is to be resepctful and quietly vote to kick if needed. In fact, I would kick YOU for name calling. Name calling shows a complete lack of maturity and no ability to act like an adult. There is no room in the game for verbally abusive behavior like that.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-12-08 at 07:26 PM.

I notice leveling dungeons are rougher then normal with new tanks trying to grab more mobs then a under geared healer can handle and that has lead to some friction.

Every game forum talks about the toxic community. I think it's just that people are toxic generally but don't dare indulge their impulses in real life.