Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I see the hunter night fae ability heavily nerfed, at least for its aoe capability. Seeing that ability do upwards of 100k damage over its duration on an ilvl 150 hunter (yep i did see this) is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Ret is just made for mythic dungeons. I’m pulling threat constantly on tanks; since when have we had to wait for tanks to get threat before attacking?? Anyway it balances out on single target fights. We have to spec a certain way that’s great for aoe but bad for ST. I expect other classes are the same, but yeah our burst aoe is pretty great right now.
    This was a single target fight in an M0

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    Yeah, based on this thread a lot of people will be disappointed. I’m pretty sure adjustments (if any) will look like marksmanship -5 %, shadow -5 %, unholy -5%, demo +5%, survival +5% etc. And that’ll be it for the rest of the tier.
    dh need at least +30% http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/PR_Raid.html

Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    Good thing every encounter in the game is a Patchwerk.

Well I certainly hope so. If my mage wasn't just my alt I'd be kinda bummed right now, because that character is probably the only kyrian mage out there as I haven't seen a single other one yet in the sanctum or dungeons. I'm glad it's not as bad on my DK main and my favorite pick seems to be viable there, I do (sadly) expect some nerfs to unholy though.

I hope Blizzard takes note of this and rethinks a few of their laughable beta excuses. Contrary to my alt being the odd one out, there are shocking amounts of kyrian warlocks, which leads me to believe that the overwhelming majority - most of which are absolute casuals - literally play the game step by step according to guides. I just have a hard time believing all of them just picked the angel faction because they like to run around among them while spotting the most edgelord mogs in existence. Their design has utterly failed imho and I can't wait for the dissident spotting addons that autokick anyone with "non-viable" covenants .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    This just in;

Players like optimising
    Oh I absolutely expected people to optimize, even a majority of the playerbase. But I didn't expect people to absolutely blindly follow the guides, certainly not to that degree. Anyway, glad it's just my enchanting alt.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is, expect heavy unholy nerfs to - that spec is completely busted
    Hopefully not for a while tho, i'm having more fun currently than i've have had in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Hopefully not for a while tho, i'm having more fun currently than i've have had in years.
    Give it a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Ret is just made for mythic dungeons. I’m pulling threat constantly on tanks; since when have we had to wait for tanks to get threat before attacking?? Anyway it balances out on single target fights. We have to spec a certain way that’s great for aoe but bad for ST. I expect other classes are the same, but yeah our burst aoe is pretty great right now.
    Threat seems really poorly tuned this expansion, it makes me wonder why Blizzard lowered the tank spec threat modifier.

I was doing a Mythic just now on my Prot Pala, ilvl 180 running the avenger's shield reset legendary. The Ret paladin was at times pulling threat even when my legendary was proccing so my rotation was basically, 3 avenger's shield into shield of the righteous...

I'd hate to see what threat is like when the tank isn't a vengeance demon hunter or prot paladin. I've seen a few specs semi consistently rip threat and I'm playing one of the highest damage output tanks AND one that has very high, easy to use snap threat.

What Blizzard will do as usual is ignore loads of class features that are not even vaguely balanced and then with other classes nerf multiple values simultaneously, which almost always ends badly but they insist on doing it every time. If we question it well don't worry because they have "secret documents" that show that whatever they want to do is the best way, but for no real reason the players cannot view these stats(because they probably don't exist).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Give it a week.
    Well, Unholy being good for at least a few weeks. Back to being bad then i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    why can't this community just let ret be good for more than a patch
    There's a difference between "good" and "broken OP".

It is, expect heavy unholy nerfs to - that spec is completely busted

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, DH should only get a buff if they nerf elysian degree and blade dance

- - - Updated - - -

This just in;

Players like optimising
    You do know that it is optimal for DH to just take Blade Dance off their bars right now right? And even if I never cast Decree a single time as Veng I would still be #1 overall damage in almost every single dungeon I've done.

10+ Year Old Account
    there will be tuning, something that sucks will be OP and something that is OP will be wet-noodles. like it usually is.
    HOLLA FOR DA TOP DOLLA

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Personally I think Ret paladins Are busted right now. My buddy is playing Ret and they can burst crazy high, 6-7k, haven’t seen anyone come close to that. Maybe it’s skewed because mythic 0 fights are so short when you burst like that but I don’t know
    6-7k - busted - haha

I really wish blizzard would learn from path of exile and not nerf stuff between seasons. Cuz it pisses people off.
    So what if warriors are op one tier, who cares.

I'm scared of crafting my legendary on my hunter cuz it's kinda shit rn. So if they buff others now, then I wouldn't craft the fire trap thingy...

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Eh the trouble is multi-target damage is often an extension of single-target these days. Most specs have decent or even built in cleave tools, and it's easy to go to bloodmallet or herodamage and look through all the multi-target boss sims and lo and behold, the top 5 specs on ST are still the top 5 on cleave, if not by an even larger margin.

Burst AoE in WoW has never been balanced nor ever will be I assume, but single-target and cleave generally follow each other closely because the cleave tools are often rooted in the damage of single-target spells anyway. I.E. If an spriest's DOTs are vastly overtuned, multi-dotting is going to be OP. Same deal with UNH DK. Enh is busted on ST and has some of the best cleave. The only exception I can think of is the sub rogue where their entire kit is built into being a ST funnel.

And then on the flipside, if warrior ST sucks which means spells like mortal strike, bloodthirst, or rampage just aren't there numerically -- their cleave tools just turn their awful ST abilities into spread abilities (sweeping strikes for arms and whirlwind for Fury). There's no magic god mode cleave button that will save a spec from horrid ST. And ST balance is absolutely horrid right now, a 30% delta is absolutely inexcusable in any context. Live data or no live data.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2020-12-05 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Personally I think Ret paladins Are busted right now. My buddy is playing Ret and they can burst crazy high, 6-7k, haven’t seen anyone come close to that. Maybe it’s skewed because mythic 0 fights are so short when you burst like that but I don’t know
    LoL hunters easily burst with 12k+.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Are we talking aoe? Cause ask any fire mage, 6k burst on 5+ trash is easy. Then the following trash I'm competing with healer/tank dps. Gotta look at the aggregate with bursty classes, how does the damage compare over the whole run?
    This. As Fury my burst isn't anything to write home about, but anything that isn't a DK or MM hunter I can usually compete with in a M+.

Still hoping Fury gets a couple buffs, our ST isn't impressive by any margin.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2020-12-05 at 09:32 PM.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sure others have said it but tuning usually happens after/during heroic week when they actually see how classes fare on boss fights that last longer than 1-2 minutes, hence a lot of (generally top end cutting edge) people are holding off on crafting a legendary till after then

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    then dh lost even more compared to 90% classes...