Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I recently turned one of my priests into a Druid (because I enjoy playing solo more these days) and I can fully express the concept and aesthetic I want through transmog and combat forms, but man... the battle between the functional superiority and aesthetic limitation of travel form is such a drag!

Do any of you ever say “screw it, this character rides X” with your druids? It’s such a temptation for me!
    Yes. Mounts are 10% faster and with equipment you can't be dazed. Use mounts whenever I'm going any kind of distance or through mobs.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Bird form for flight (raven is guuud), cat mount on ground like a good nelf.

Mount up to sell stuff to the yak does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yes. Mounts are 10% faster
    Is this still true? I haven’t seen numbers on the UI for mount speeds in so long! I could have sworn they brought mounts in line with riding skill, fully!

If I’m wrong, I’ll feel less dumb using my blood red vampire bat on my Venthyr Druid!

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently turned one of my priests into a Druid (because I enjoy playing solo more these days) and I can fully express the concept and aesthetic I want through transmog and combat forms, but man... the battle between the functional superiority and aesthetic limitation of travel form is such a drag!

Do any of you ever say “screw it, this character rides X” with your druids? It’s such a temptation for me!
    I use them right now, as they are 10% faster than travel form.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Is this still true? I haven’t seen numbers on the UI for mount speeds in so long! I could have sworn they brought mounts in line with riding skill, fully!

If I’m wrong, I’ll feel less dumb using my blood red vampire bat on my Venthyr Druid!
    Nope. Guild perk does not affect travel form, on land or in air. So we're 10% slower, 20% if we use the speed equipment. There's an addon for it. DejaCharacterStats.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Well.. Normal mount on ground is faster than stag form, so I'm using that if I need to travel far, otherwise stag.

Flight form I'm always in bird/owl

No, what kind of Druid sinks to such lows that are obviously beneath them and cast a mount rather than just insta casting a mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the flight and swim forms regularly, but only rarely the ground form.

When I'm doing quests I'm using forms to close gaps quickly. For longer travels I use my trusty Cenarion War Hippogryph. Sometimes I switch to Stripped Saber (old slow mount) but my mount choice is my CWH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheetah form practically always and the vendor mount when bags are full. Just CBA with mounting and don't care if I move slower then the rest. Epic BGs are an exception then the "red flying cloud" (doesn't move up-and-down, sway or flap ) is my go-to mount.
    As I get headache/motion sickness from watching majority of flying mounts then "the disc" is used when I don't do my flying form (troll bat - which for some reason doesn't trigger the motion sickness) as well.

Travelform all the way. Except in PvP BGs.
    Could not give a f*** about mounts tbh. Most beautiful are shop mounts. Rest are mostly meh.

Like my skeleton Raptor though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes but I tend to be in travel form most times. I have a few favorite mounts I still use quite a bit but it is way easier to just pop travel for and be on my way.

Really depends on the situation. Like most have said in BGs for sure it's a mount, while leveling and just moving from one point to another it's travel form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yeah.

I got my Night Fae moth I sometimes travel around or my Legion Leatherworking elderhorn. I like to enjoy my mounts sometimes rather than use my travel form.

And I can't wait for flying in Shadowlands so I can take to the skies with my moth.
    Putin khuliyo

Only use it when I'm repairing/transmoging, or flexing with infernals and such. Mostly I'm just in travel form.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ..which is an ingame mount. I am on the other side...bought some shop mounts, but in-game? I use mounts I acquired there. I love some Class hall mounts. Invincible, Ashes of Alar....great stuff in the game.

But OT: yeah...druid travel forms FTW....instant cast? What is there not to like?
    I know it is a ingame mount^^
    That is why i wrote "though"

Problem with these mounts is mostly that if people have they use them always. So you see them everywhere. If i use a mount i tend to go for one that is more widely available because noone is using them ever^^

Also the orderhall druid "mount" is an abomination. No idea how that got through... mosty ugly owl i have EVER seen.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Nope. Guild perk does not affect travel form, on land or in air. So we're 10% slower, 20% if we use the speed equipment. There's an addon for it. DejaCharacterStats.
    But with travel form I can use wild charge for a small speed boost and to save myself from falling damage
    And I skin / herb / loot without dismounting
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    travel form for actual movement but the main mounts i use are longboi and transmog yak. but im a relatively avid collector and have a decent amount of mounts to flex on people should the need arise.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.