Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

First raid overall difficulty?

Hello!

So I have a guild which was active for Anthorus and Uldir, but with BFA we got a lot of people leaving the game.

With Shadowlands out some of them came back and we were wondering if we would creat a roster for the first raid but we would like to take it really casually with only 10-12 people in raid.

So I was wondering what is the difficulty of the raid overall? I remember Argamar being a pain in the ass with 10 people because we couldn’t control the add properly (not enough CC in the raid).

So what do you think?

Hard, easy? A boss in particular that would be a pain with only 10 people?

Right now no one knows. On beta the raids felt easier then usual but that might in no way be indicative of their final tuning.

11/12 nytalotha mytych guild we killed only 4 bosses in normal XD. First boss is easy ,other seems a little hard for being normal but we are 25 ilvl average bellow the gear that the raid drops in comparation to nyalotha where we killed like 7 bosses in first night with the same average ilvl that the raid droped. KAelthas is gonna be incredible easy with more gear. . Artificar and the dog guys had to many mechanics to be a normal bosses

Minerva was noticeably harder than the rest, so far. Killed up to blood council on normal
    Last edited by bicycle; 2020-12-09 at 07:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Overtuned. Limit just quit and did other shit. We did heroic shriek and went to normal

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hungering Destroyer blasts on heroic. The healing requirement feels far steeper than it should be. Heroic huntsman was also more challenging than expected, but 90% was how you dealt with the shades.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the amount of mechanics is pretty wild on altimor on normal. its pretty fun

Do they wanna kill off raiding for 95% of raiders who do normal/heroic?

Are the fights okay for meeles?

Or is it favoured for Ranged specs?

Quote Originally Posted by james2400 View Post
    nah - they know they hae 0 content to offer to players so they went Cata/Mop route

they overtuned raids - gated them by lack of conduits / legendaries upgrades and made gear scarse

this way you average player will take 2 months to clear normal and rest of tier to clear hc unless they spam mythic + for gear

this plan will backfire so badly though it will be shocking - with cyberpunk coming out and milions of players playing that rather then boring like f... SL endgame .

overtuned normal difficulty will also kill the last remains of interest in this game that casuals have.

so gg blizzard - for making WoD 2.0 - greates Ion succes so far
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-12-09 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    nah - they know they hae 0 content to offer to players so they went Cata/Mop route

they overtuned raids and made gear scarse

this way you average player will take 2 months to clear normal and rest of tier to clear hc unless they spam mythic + for gear

this plan will backfire so badly though it will be shocking - with cyberpunk coming out and milions ofp layers playing that rather then boring like f... SL endgame .
    This plan is the best change made to pve since mythic was added,less gear makes gear matter more,and no more easy m+ also means raiding matters more,raiding in sl looks like its finnaly getting back on track to how it should be

also cyberpunk wile im sure it will be amazing,itsnt an mmo replacement

they overtuned raids and made gear scarse

this plan will backfire so badly though it will be shocking - with cyberpunk coming out and milions ofp layers playing that rather then boring like f... SL endgame .

Aww baby want his free raid
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2020-12-10 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Infracted

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    This plan is the best change made to pve since mythic was added,less gear makes gear matter more,and no more easy m+ also means raiding matters more,raiding in sl looks like its finnaly getting back on track to how it should be

also cyberpunk wile im sure it will be amazing,itsnt an mmo replacement
    ye - member when playerbase was crying about elegon normal being overtuned and player quitting , memeber when people whined whole initial tier of Cata was overtuned and were quitting becuase they were used to playing ICC with 40 % buff ?

because i member

this is one of the reason LFR/Flex were even put into game - because of initial overtunign of raids which catered to people like you

im sure - just like every try of communism - this time it will work well for them espcially when such AAA+ hit is coming out now

and for the record - i dont mind you trying to ridicule me as bad player i am bad player - but you know what ? there are milions of "bad players" and hundreds of thousands of "self called pros"

guess who brings more $$$ to blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by SwislocK View Post
    Aww baby want his free raid
    nope - i want tuning to be done correcly - and they once again did riduculously bad job with it that will costs them milions of players qutting.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-12-09 at 07:41 AM.

ye - member when playerbase was crying about elegon normal being overtuned and player quitting , memeber when people whined whole initial tier of Cata was overtuned and were quitting becuase they were used to playing ICC with 40 % buff ?

because i member

this is one of the reason LFR/Flex were even put into game - because of initial overtunign of raids which catered to people like you

im sure - just like every try of communism - this time it will work well for them espcially when such AAA+ hit is coming out now

and for the record - i dont mind you trying to ridicule me as bad player i am bad player - but you know what ? there are milions of "bad players" and hundreds of thousands of "self called pros"

guess who brings more $$$ to blizzard
    uhm i dont see the point of the communism argument,witch btw is a blatant falacy as no country has ever actualy done comunism by the definition so that arugment is completly pointless

also i didnt say i agree with overtuning,yes,if a normal boss is unbeatable even with optimal play than something is off about it,and how did i ridicule you?

yes.

actully not - they want to "make it longer" now that there is no TF to keep people farming

but it wil backfire already on week 1 with people rather qutting then struggling with normal difficulty

what could have worked is if they relase whole LFR open next week - this way casual guilds which will be unable to kill more then 3 bosses on normal would have content to do .

but blizzard is too stubbon to even consider they plans are flawed

look at idiotic amount of timegating with renown / ash - they know this expansion is bad - and bett everything on timegates

wait and see that in 2 weeks you will see another 6 months deal with transmog/mount

Its overtuned in raw output with some exceptions but they also require almost mythic raiding tactical coordination for normal which means its way to complicated for its intended purpose.

If mythic scales in difficulty the same way i think the world first race will take 6 months.

Whenever Blizzard does this, and they have multiple times. It's usually because of two reasons A) They have no idea what they're doing still because they fire/let go skill to hire cheap labor. Or B) They're trying to make content "hard" to stump the 2 top world guilds who even try for world first. The issue with B is that it impacts the entire raiding playerbase, but they don't care. Same thing when Cata hit and MOP

ITT: Lots of people realise how bad they really are.

they overtuned raids - gated them by lack of conduits / legendaries upgrades and made gear scarse

this plan will backfire so badly though it will be shocking - with cyberpunk coming out and milions of players playing that rather then boring like f... SL endgame .

overtuned normal difficulty will also kill the last remains of interest in this game that casuals have.

so gg blizzard - for making WoD 2.0 - greates Ion succes so far
    Lmao someone couldn't kill any bosses. Just call everything WoD 2.0 lmao
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Tried normal with PuG (can't raid with guild). Most of us didn't know the mechanics beforehand.

3 wipes on first boss.

Around 12 wipes on the 2nd boss (the one with pets). Decided to call it. I was tanking it, it seemed that healers were going oom half way through the fight

The difficulty seems fine. It will require more gear and practice.