Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Yea, clearly the top % players are the problem here. But please inject your clearly valued opinion more. Being intimately familiar with the expectations of normal / heroic / mythic. Having cleared all content *consistently* I can say either there's been a major policy departure in what these difficulties entail. Or they're overtuned.
    I really hope the departure has happened, guilds absolutely should not be pissing through the lower difficulties day 1 especially while under geared.

Its healthy for the game if they have it where you actually want to gear up with everything you can before you jump into normals and then you actually have to progress through it.

They've made so many good changes to more fundamental things that have gone under the radar during the alpha / beta but this is great so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    This is a big problem with modern raiders. Most players can't do their maximum DPS and mechanics, so they... stay in the fire doing DPS. Then the boss wins.
    This is genuinely the difference between say... a US 100+ raider and a front page raider in my experience.

The US 100+ crowd can throughput all day, they have no issues pulling numbers and are often hyper focused on it. When you get higher up its just a given that players can do their rotations, and the big difference is that they can pull those numbers or even be willing to sacrifice those numbers to do mechanics and kill the boss.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Way to hard on normal.
    I am not touching for a month till everyone knows what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I really hope the departure has happened, guilds absolutely should not be pissing through the lower difficulties day 1 especially while under geared.
    I agree and also don't at the same time haha. Normal was effectivley supposed to be we got a group of 10 or more friends together that may or may not be good at the game and we can enjoy content. Grab some beer and cheetos and lezgo.

But also it's nice to have at least some coordination required in this difficulty. It's a catch 22 for me

We're just undergeared. Blizzard wanted to make gear more important and they have done it with actual gear checks. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by PointerToAddress View Post
    We're just undergeared. Blizzard wanted to make gear more important and they have done it with actual gear checks. Good job.
    I mean they haven't. Heroic bosses are dealing six times the damage mythic ones are and are being killed via cheesing immunities. There has already been a 60% nerf

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving it, but I know they are going to nerf it. People are going to scream and it's going to get nerfed into the ground. Cata 2.0 which makes me sad because the start of that expansion was fucking amazing.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

I'm loving the difficulty! Took down two bosses last night, group was average ilevel 175ish. Had a blast healing it, timing my spiritual potion for mana, coordinating healing cooldowns, I really did love it. Won't stomp through most of the bosses first night is a good sign to me, it'll get a LOT easier as we get more gear from our mythic runs and whatnot, and we won't get bored of the raid for being too easy to get through. Yeah it might be a bit over tuned but I'm really having a blast in raiding again.

It is funny people assume blizzard has some hidden agenda with tuning it difficult, yet in reality, they have no idea how to tune raids and they just react to live progress. When you have no idea how to tune, you have to err on difficult side otherwise there would be no coming back. This shit is getting nerfed pretty soon dw

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Yea, clearly the top % players are the problem here. But please inject your clearly valued opinion more. Being intimately familiar with the expectations of normal / heroic / mythic. Having cleared all content *consistently* I can say either there's been a major policy departure in what these difficulties entail. Or they're overtuned.
    I think they are. Having raided in the top end for many many years. You are entitled. It's pathetic. I'm not sure what you think makes your opinion more valid.

It's only a change from recent wow and it's a good change. You don't deserve to clear content because you cleared previous content. Normal and heroic were undertuned for the last two years

I think the tuning is off. We full cleared normal and killed 2 heroic bosses yesterday. Sludgefist was probably the hardest boss in the instance and is tuned wonkily. The healing requirement at 30% was crazy and its not like our dps was too low, we had 1 extra pillar remaining at the end and pushed him to 30% right before the third pillar. Basically the healing requirement is much higher than the dps requirement. The second to last boss was a joke, we messed up all the mechanics and one shot it easily. Sire was a bit more difficult but just seeing the mechanics three times was enough to make the fight a breeze. The bleed on the Huntsman is way too strong for normal and heroic. The strat we were seeing from the logs and ultimately utilized was to significantly over heal it. The dancing boss is really buggy, we were seeing people without a spot to stand and the npc dancers were going in different directions. Fortunately the boss says where to go so its not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    I think they are. Having raided in the top end for many many years. You are entitled. It's pathetic. I'm not sure what you think makes your opinion more valid.
    You may want to look up the definitions of the word's you are using. Moving past that though, if there's anyone in this conversation with a chip on their shoulder it's you sparky. You're passing judgement on everyone and anyone who's saying it's either overtuned or a policy departure. As if us not sharing your views is as you say "pathetic"

Maybe relax jfc.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post

It's only a change from recent wow and it's a good change. You don't deserve to clear content because you cleared previous content. Normal and heroic were undertuned for the last two years
    I don't really see how releasing a boss that does 15k dmg every 2s from a dot in heroic where on mythic it does 3k ( according to the dungeon journal) is a good departure especially since blizzard seems to disagree by immediately hot fixing its damage by 60% the same night it was released.

It was only killed via cheesing out immunities to bypass the mechanic. It seemes you just have a bone to pick with raiders for some weird personal vendetta.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Way to hard on normal.
    I am not touching for a month till everyone knows what to do.
    The hardest mechanic is that peeps have to activate brain

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    This is a big problem with modern raiders. Most players can't do their maximum DPS and mechanics, so they... stay in the fire doing DPS. Then the boss wins.
    As opposed to raiders when? Have you seen the mechanics needed for Classic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

Its healthy for the game if they have it where you actually want to gear up with everything you can before you jump into normals and then you actually have to progress through it.

They've made so many good changes to more fundamental things that have gone under the radar during the alpha / beta but this is great so far.

- - - Updated - - -

This is genuinely the difference between say... a US 100+ raider and a front page raider in my experience.

The US 100+ crowd can throughput all day, they have no issues pulling numbers and are often hyper focused on it. When you get higher up its just a given that players can do their rotations, and the big difference is that they can pull those numbers or even be willing to sacrifice those numbers to do mechanics and kill the boss.
    I mean after we killed shriek and switched to normal, i just stood there because its a snoozefest. Hungering and chick lady have too much hp

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten15 View Post
    As opposed to raiders when? Have you seen the mechanics needed for Classic.
    No, hence why I can't say anything about retro-raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by youswas View Post
    imagine accusing someone else of using a blatant fallacy and in the same breath using an actual fallacy:

"no true communist country would murder millions of its own citizens!"

that said, you're right the guy is wrong and you should probably just ignore him
    thats not a no true scorsman,my statement is 100% factual,look in to what comunism is described as and then find me one country that did it like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    nah - they know they hae 0 content to offer to players so they went Cata/Mop route

they overtuned raids - gated them by lack of conduits / legendaries upgrades and made gear scarse

this way you average player will take 2 months to clear normal and rest of tier to clear hc unless they spam mythic + for gear

this plan will backfire so badly though it will be shocking - with cyberpunk coming out and milions of players playing that rather then boring like f... SL endgame .

overtuned normal difficulty will also kill the last remains of interest in this game that casuals have.

so gg blizzard - for making WoD 2.0 - greates Ion succes so far
    posts like this makes me smile. You'll get over it some day kidda...
    An Karanir Thanagor

This thread is like a graveyard for shit takes and bad spelling.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    This thread is like a graveyard for shit takes and bad spelling.
    Instead of complaining why don't you do your part then.