Thread: WowUp.io

10+ Year Old Account

WowUp.io

...does WowUp.io still working, or if not, which platform you use for updating addons?

thx in advance...

Works fine.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ...does WowUp.io still working, or if not, which platform you use for updating addons?

thx in advance...
    yes it is working. the website is still there, you didn't check that first?

It works, even on my Linux machine. But I uninstalled it because I got so few Addons I don't need this kind of program.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yes it is working. the website is still there, you didn't check that first?
    well tbh nope, but now update to ver.2.0 and it seems working fine...but did not overwolf take curse site at 30.11...meaning you will be only able to update addons through overwolf...

Overwolf threatened to block other updater clients but they never said that they will definately do it and until now they didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elvui/tukui updates no longer work through them, but they are exclusive to their updater if you can get it to work on windows 10 to begin with.

Haven't experienced any issues so far with wowup but haven't been using it along side another updater so i can't tell for certain.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by cremor View Post
    Overwolf threatened to block other updater clients but they never said that they will definately do it and until now they didn't.
    This is pretty crazy, did they forget that people play WoW on Linux too?

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    It's quite easy to forget about the 5 people that do.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Elvui/tukui updates no longer work through them
    They have the latest version on WoWUp.io still. Just checked it against the ElvUI official download pag. Both are version 12.16.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It's quite easy to forget about the 5 people that do.
    And the 5 people are the ones who spam on /g/ right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    They have the latest version on WoWUp.io still. Just checked it against the ElvUI official download pag. Both are version 12.16.
    Hmm okay it was not picked up the last time, might have overlooked it though.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

And the 5 people are the ones who spam on /g/ right?
    Seeing as it’s not an officially supported system people can’t expect addon makers to support their software different, or at least be surprised when they don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post

thx in advance...
    I use https://www.getajour.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cremor View Post

edit: forgot source https://medium.com/overwolf/our-stan...e-19f4559a322a

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Elvui/tukui updates no longer work through them, but they are exclusive to their updater if you can get it to work on windows 10 to begin with.

Haven't experienced any issues so far with wowup but haven't been using it along side another updater so i can't tell for certain.
    I can (and do) update Elvui using Ajour

Set it to Linux compatible to see managers that work with Linux https://ogri-la.github.io/wow-addon-managers/
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Set it to Linux compatible to see managers that work with Linux https://ogri-la.github.io/wow-addon-managers/
    Yeah I know this site and all the managers for Linux, my post was just related to the Overwolf company and the threats which would be crazy to think of. But you debunked it so it's okay.