Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    retard69 posting a meme that hes putting his life savings in gamestop so that he can send the gamestop rocket to the moon isnt a crime.

a ton of individual actors doing stupid shit isnt coordination there is no single entity doing this. SEC can eat a dick.
    Doesn't need to be a single entity. Can be one, can be a few, can be a group. Can even be a corporation.

Most of the people in the reddit forum are being manipulated by just a few. That is why a few of the original ones who started this whole thing have shut up and no one has heard from them in days. They obviously know its crossed the line and are laying low.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Screw GameStop. Have you seen FB report.

Gross Revenue for full year 2020 up 22% from 2019.
    Net Income (profit) up 58%.
    EPS up 57%.
    Profit margin for 4th quarter 2020 was 41% and 33% for the entire year of 2020.

Usage statistics.

• Facebook daily active users (DAUs) – DAUs were 1.84 billion on average for December 2020, an increase of 11% year-over-year.
    • Facebook monthly active users (MAUs) – MAUs were 2.80 billion as of December 31, 2020, an increase of 12% year-over-year.
    • Family daily active people (DAP) – DAP was 2.60 billion on average for December 2020, an increase of 15% year-over-year.
    • Family monthly active people (MAP) – MAP was 3.30 billion as of December 31, 2020, an increase of 14% year-over-year.
    Thought they were being boycotted?

LOL.

not sure even the current strong reporting of tech stocks is going to save a little pull back that seems to be occurring. then again they have been warning of a pull back for half a year now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Giving people money will make money. Them paying it back doesn't mean it was a good thing. Anyone wanna give me 1 million for like a year? I could make a YouTube series in how I became a millionare and bank off that. I could invest that money in a reliable stock.
    sure but you have to give me 1.3 million back over the next 10 years or i take your liver and one lung (the two things i figure i'll need soon enough)
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Talking about it is different then planning a coordinated plan to manipulate a stock.

Several years back the SEC was cracking down on "Hedge fund dinners" (forgot the exact name they called it) where they were starting to do such things.

Freedom of speech stops at the point you are breaking laws and regulations.
    So does that mean we're going to jail for talking about stocks in this thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Stonks go up stonks go down you can't explain that
    Silly Dug, Stonks only go up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    then having a broker who handles more then 1 person is manipulation and collusion.
    If all of those investors are working together to manipulate the markets... yep.

- - - Updated - - -

They can also go to secret room and nobody would know. None of these people are hedge fund managers. They are a bunch of people under the age of 25 who are probably unemployed and want to make money and make fun of a bunch of rich people.

This is borderline breaking freedom of speech. If people can't freely talk about stocks then we no longer have freedom of speech.
    There's plenty of things that break freedom of speech... like plotting a kidnapping, or planning an assassination.

I'm not saying I want them to be arrested, merely that there is a chance what they did is illegal. There's tons of things that are illegal, that I fully support doing.

So does that mean we're going to jail for talking about stocks in this thread?
    have we made any plans?
    Are we pooling our money to invest in a single stock with the intent to manipulate it to go up an abnormal amount against all fundamentals with a plan to go online and spread misinformation?

You don't see the difference between general discussions about a stock and what is happening in wsb? Just read the first page of post in the GME specific thread, the amount of misinformation and "pump" currently going on would put any legitimate stock broker/company/fund/corporation in serious trouble with the SEC if they communicated even 5% of these things.

The "boiler maker" crack downs and the penny stock crackdown in the early days of internet chat rooms in the past have a lot of similarities to what is going on in Wsb.

I am not even sure anyone has actually told anyone to buy a single stock in all 13 pages so far.
    Only Bitcoin has specifically been mentioned and its riddled with many disagreements on buying/selling. No coordinated effort in a single plan of action.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

have we made any plans?
    Are we pooling our money to invest in a single stock with the intent to manipulate it to go up an abnormal amount against all fundamentals with a plan to go online and spread misinformation?
    *laughs in tesla*

LOL WSB just set their forum to "private" after rumor of an opened SEC investigation.
    As if that would stop them.

I mean what do they have to worry about everything posted on there is on the up and up. no pumping and dumping with false information, nope.

hmm 20 million shares, 15 million shares.....there were about a dozen other so called number of shares needed friday posted on there.

They tanked 20% on the news, but knowing this group its just another reason to buy more shares....

20 Million Shares of Gamestop are going to be bought b/c of 1/29 calls on Friday. Don't Even Think About Selling Until Then.
    Discussion
    I looked through the options chain for GME and there are at least 200,000 options expiring on 1/29 that are easily ITM ($200 or less). All of those calls will be exercised on Friday resulting in 20,000,000 shares of the stock needing to be purchased. The stock is going to rocket higher and harder than your wife's boyfriend when she let him do anal for the first time.

$5000 is not a meme, hold you degenerates. We'll tell our kids about the day we bankrupt wall street.

GME: There are still over 152k open calls that need to be closed by Friday. Short sellers will need to have at least 15 Million shares to do this. HOLD THE LINE
    News
    For a quick recap, as of this morning there are still 152,134 call contracts that still need to be closed by 1/29 (these don’t even include the mass volume of contracts expiring over the next few weeks). This number is based on all strikes $200 and below (I checked but there’s no OI showing for strikes over 200 yet).

So IF WE REMAIN OVER $200, then shorts will be forced to close all of these within the next few days. They will need to obtain over 15 MILLION SHARES for this to happen.

TLDR: Hold the line people. GME to the moon ������������������������������������������������
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    ah yes, collusion is ok for the big people and companies, but god forbid a bunch of regular people do it.

- - - Updated - - -

also, their discord got shut down. Also, as of now their subreddit is private (likely due to bots spamming it and actual manipulators trying to create the next new big thing)

Alliance

People meme-ing and making money get censored and called white supremacists...
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Man them going private has not been a good thing

After Hours: Last | 7:03 PM EST
    quote price arrow down-107.51 (-30.94%)

Sigh, will prob open at 400 tomorrow cause....well....reasons??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    ah yes, collusion is ok for the big people and companies, but god forbid a bunch of regular people do it.

also, their discord got shut down. Also, as of now their subreddit is private (likely due to bots spamming it and actual manipulators trying to create the next new big thing)
    really is it? Because many of the "big people" ended up in jail and companies fined.
    Hell even a lot of medium small "people" suffered the same fate....poor martha steward and her 50k
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ve been maxing out my 401k/403b every year since I was 19 and still living at home, will be 40 in a few weeks. So, yeah, my wife and I will retiring early. As soon as she qualifies for her full pension (teacher) we’ll retire.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2021-01-28 at 12:11 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Man them going private has not been a good thing

After Hours: Last | 7:03 PM EST
    quote price arrow down-107.51 (-30.94%)

Sigh, will prob open at 400 tomorrow cause....well....reasons??

- - - Updated - - -

really is it? Because many of the "big people" ended up in jail and companies fined.
    Hell even a lot of medium small "people" suffered the same fate....poor martha steward and her 50k
    when there is a singular face, its easier to punish (see Skreli and Madoff), but when entire funds do it its not so easy. and fines mean nothing because often its just the cost of doing business. businesses geting over shorted resulting in the employees getting hurt just for the Hedge fund's gain shouldnt happen at all but it does.

Also, everyone involved in the 08 mess should be jailed but I dont think any did.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    People meme-ing and making money get censored and called white supremacists...
    A beautiful moment, Silicon Valley oligarchs come in to help hedge fundies Oligarchs. Class solidarity right there, you gotta hand it to them.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

That is what is unique about this, most of the people I see in that forum have nothing left to lose. But that is what it takes to run this kind of scheme, desperation

They are betting whatever is left.
    People taking the 600 dollar stimulus and betting it on GME instead of paying the rent/food/power bill.

The reality is that this stock will go back down to its expected range. You have one half of the owners making a shit ton of money and you will have the other half losing their shirts when it tanks. It will all even out in the end.

Its just changing hands from one group of individuals to the next.

Once the cork pops the money will plow back in to short the stock back down to the single digits/teens.
    Making back a lot of what was lost.

- - - Updated - - -

and they are required to disclose that during their TV appearance and they do, at least on all the channels i watch.
    Even Cramer has to publicly list all his stock ownership and even the ones in the charity he is part of, just so he does not go and get fined by the SEC

And it does not matter if they have no investment yet.
    They cannot get together and plan future moves into a security/stock/etc as a group. That is collusion and manipulation violations. There are more specific terms but those are the easiest ones to understand.
    The difference is that these people on reddit don't have inside information that isn't public. If there's an individual that had private information and traded on it then he would be investigated. Corporate dudes that get together for dinner and let each other know what Gamestop's CEO is going to say in the press conference tomorrow and how their sales numbers are going to be before release is what is/should be illegal. A message board of a group of random people promoting a stock is not market manipulation.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-01-28 at 12:52 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, calling them "regular people" is overselling it. A few regular people have hopped in to get a little bit of a reward, but the people making it move this way are largely multi-millionaires. The whole scheme amounts to people in the upper 1% transferring some wealth to people in the mid-to-lower 1%, because anyone who had a not-insignificant amount of money to risk on GME at the start of this rush in the middle of a pandemic was already well-off. Most "regular people" got on the train in the middle or toward the end, so their reward is going to be average if not altogether unrealized.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are blowing their stimulus checks...

Its like when bots on Twitter were telling people to commit fraud with their checks instead of paying off their bills.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Watching the hedge fund people eat shit was good fun. They deserve to be financially ruined, but this was a good start at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Watching the hedge fund people eat shit was good fun. They deserve to be financially ruined, but this was a good start at least.
    Indeed. And they want to cheat their way out of the hole so bad. Will be interesting. I feel like a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon without disposable incomes are going to get caught in the crossfire.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Indeed. And they want to cheat their way out of the hole so bad. Will be interesting. I feel like a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon without disposable incomes are going to get caught in the crossfire.
    well the 2nd act of a pump and dump scheme is the dump.

Thought they were being boycotted?

LOL.

not sure even the current strong reporting of tech stocks is going to save a little pull back that seems to be occurring. then again they have been warning of a pull back for half a year now
    FB is a global company. Dozens of US companies boycotting FB for a month won't even put a dent in its revenue. The truth of the matter is that those companies needed FB badly. Advertising through FB is cheaper than any other mediums. Not to mention the reach. No other platforms even come close. FB is ranked #1 in term of # of active users in almost every single countries in the world.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2021-01-28 at 04:32 AM.