Page 18 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    whats likely happening is a massive collusion between hedge funds/short investors, and brokerages to temp tank the GME stock by trading them back and forth. By preventing retail from buying, and then they themselves sell and re buy, they are driving the price down low enough to cover their shorts. if they had 24mil at $200, they managed to push it lower then that and now have re-bought covering their shorts. They are able to freely manipulate the market by leveraging their interest in brokerages. The class action suits wont amount to shit compared to the billions they were poised to lose.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I still dont trust him as far as I can throw him, but when you've got both sides riled up....just lol.
    Well yeah, obviously you cannot trust the Zodiac Killer, dude is the stuff of legend here in California! We all fear the Zodiac.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Now that this has been "weaponised" as it were, are the good users of WSB going to deliberately find "baddie" hedgefunds and target them specifically?

Is that what happened in this case - are all hedge fund managers just a bunch of cunts regardless. Aren't some funds meant to supply peoples pensions and medical insurance or what-have-ye?

So yeah, is it gonna be a case of "X guy funds wars in Yemen with his hedgefund which is ney bueno, so the stock we're all gonna pump is Y leading up to this date so we can fuck him" or is that level of 'incitement' illegal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    aye all the people who are like 'BlaCK ROck MaDE BillIons oFF it' and so did other rich people. So fucking what? Nuking just one of the billionaire class is always worth. If thats the owner of the Mets so be it!
    If you are not on it to make money but for ideological reasons like "nuking the billionaires" then that is retarded

It is a degenerate gamble with lots of average people standing to lose a lot of money, specially if you were left hanging at 450 xd

More power to you if you manage to succeed tho, that would be epic

nvm, WeBull also just blocked. Cowards. Fuck the elites, long live the financial revolution! The individuals WILL seize the means of trading!
    Yeah, but still, it's mostly the elites that are profiting off of this, and nearly everyone is using some "elite"-affiliated platform that's also profiting from the trades. I think the fact that it's happening on Reddit gives us the illusion that it's our friends and neighbors who are making tons of money, when most of those people on Reddit making significant gains are multi-millionaires. If we're seeing any revolution at all, it's just a few people changing which fraction of the 1% they belong to. The guy who risked his $600 stimulus check is probably going to exit this with $1200 if he's lucky, because the guy who only had $600 to invest wasn't trolling r/WSB looking for risky options when this started. (Realistically, he's probably going to exit this with $300 or less).

It's all ultimately still a battle between elites, we just feel more connected to the elites who own a boat that sits in a garage than we do to the elites who own a fleet of yachts sitting on the ocean.
    Last edited by Grapemask; 2021-01-28 at 06:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    aye all the people who are like 'BlaCK ROck MaDE BillIons oFF it' and so did other rich people. So fucking what? Nuking just one of the billionaire class is always worth. If thats the owner of the Mets so be it!
    Yeah, one less is one less.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Now that this has been "weaponised" as it were, are the good users of WSB going to deliberately find "baddie" hedgefunds and target them specifically?
    Yes, that is becoming the next front from the general tone of the WSB.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea what's going on.

Sometime ago there was memes going around about Gamestop closing and asking customers for donations or smth. Now their stock is high? What?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Yeah, but still, it's mostly the elites that are profiting off of this, and nearly everyone is using some "elite"-affiliated platform that's also profiting from the trades. I think the fact that it's happening on Reddit gives us the illusion that it's our friends and neighbors who are making tons of money, when most of those people on Reddit making significant gains are multi-millionaires. If we're seeing any revolution at all, it's just a few people changing which fraction of the 1% they belong to. The guy who risked his $600 stimulus check is probably going to exit this with $1200 if he's lucky, because the guy who only had $600 to invest wasn't trolling r/WSB looking for risky options when this started. (Realistically, he's probably going to exit this with $300 or less).

It's all ultimately still a battle between elites, we just feel more connected to the elites who own a boat that sits in a garage than we do to the elites who own a fleet of yachts sitting on the ocean.
    If theres elites (and yes, there are. Blackrock and such) on the side of retail investors, then that's fine. Price to pay to fuck over short sellers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a time limit on when a short seller must cover his short?

And is there like a way to short sell a stock, but like flag a software trigger that will just cover your losses @ a certain set amount? Like a failsafe, so you dont end up having to pay insane $$ to cover your bet ? like if you end up in the hospital with no access to your laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Is there a time limit on when a short seller must cover his short?

And is there like a way to short sell a stock, but like flag a software trigger that will just cover your losses @ a certain set amount? Like a failsafe, so you dont end up having to pay insane $$ to cover your bet ? like if you end up in the hospital with no access to your laptop?
    there is supposed to be, typically on the date of expiration, but with this amt of money, they likely will have at least a week post.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    If you are not on it to make money but for ideological reasons like "nuking the billionaires" then that is retarded

It is a degenerate gamble with lots of average people standing to lose a lot of money, specially if you were left hanging at 450 xd

More power to you if you manage to succeed tho, that would be epic
    I would assume most Billionaire's portfolios would be on the conservative side.

We know that Bill Gate's portfolio is pretty conservative. A lot of dividend stocks.

7+ Year Old Account

My how the years have changed things.... Big Oof!

If theres elites (and yes, there are. Blackrock and such) on the side of retail investors, then that's fine. Price to pay to fuck over short sellers.
    They're on the side of enriching themselves, don't kid yourself. They're playing the same toxic game, just on a different side of it.

The price we pay for this is a bunch of regular working people losing their shirts when this bubble bursts. I fail to see why the gain of "some rich people are less rich" is worth that. I guess if it's someone else who loses their shirt and you get to sit comfortable and watch it happen, who cares? Short-selling should be stopped, but this won't accomplish that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post

My how the years have changed things.... Big Oof!
    Steal from the poor and give to the rich

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    there is supposed to be, typically on the date of expiration, but with this amt of money, they likely will have at least a week post.
    What happens if they default on those payments? Im hearing over 99 billion already lost from these funds.

What happens if they default on those payments? Im hearing over 99 billion already lost from these funds.
    that is what bankruptcy is for?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    They get bailed out. The older ones go on a long vacation in their private yachts.

10+ Year Old Account
    They pay debts and get a job at Mc Donalds for $15 a hour.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    They pay debts and get a job at Mc Donalds for $15 a hour.
    Or you know, they can learn to code or drive for uber!