Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Eternal Ones aren't Titans ++ If the art director Ely Cannon is to be believed:

About Winter Queen:
    You know, she’s not a Titan, but she’s something kind of right below that. She’s an ultra-powerful creature here and part of this pantheon in a similar way that the Titan Watchers and Keepers we’ve seen in the past were part of the pantheon of law and order. These are the pantheon of death. So, that was sort of a starting point is that she’s a creature above and beyond the night fae themselves. She’s part of a greater order.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    If only Krexus had the luck to be sealed in his axe instead of being killed off in 10 minutes
    Krexus was a margrave, which is quite a few many steps down from being an Eternal One like Denathrius. If it was say the Primus who got sealed away then you'd be right.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

Any other interesting events or lore come out of the raid?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I kind of liked that $#@hole, it's one of the best (in WoW terms, that is) villains made by Blizz. Much more interesting than Suevanas or Blue Satan, for starters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him [Baine] off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

I'm glad zrali got revenge

Scarab Lord
    Done in by his own pride. Classic. Guess he and the others are known as the eternal ones for a reason. Makes me wonder where the Primus of Maldraxxus is at again. Deep in Torghast or being used as a battery by Zorvaal?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I feel like it would be off brand for Renethal to say "It will take time. Time the likes of which your kind have yet to measure." and then have him free in like 1-2 in-game years.
    Yeah but in the Shadowlands time isn't the same as when we're on our own world. Sure its a few years for us in his possible return but it could be centuries for him. I think the Jailer might spring him free if i'm honest.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Done in by his own pride. Classic. Guess he and the others are known as the eternal ones for a reason. Makes me wonder where the Primus of Maldraxxus is at again. Deep in Torghast or being used as a battery by Zorvaal?
    Considering no one who recognizes Zorvaal has actually seen the Jailor or Runesmith yet, could well be a - very bad - twist finding out the Jailor is actually the Primus and Zorvaal has been imprisoned as the Runesmith. :P

(Yeah, yeah, that would be an extremely stupid twist. :P)

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I feel like it would be off brand for Renethal to say "It will take time. Time the likes of which your kind have yet to measure." and then have him free in like 1-2 in-game years.
    You remember when we raided the Tomb with the Pillars of Creation and just let them here for anyone to steal ?

That's how Denathrius will re-appear

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    If only Krexus had the luck to be sealed in his axe instead of being killed off in 10 minutes
    But we needed space for Draka to shine. Member Draka?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

We will see him in 9.3. 100%

Blizzard does the snide, arrogant characters really well, or at least better than they do the remaining character archetypes.

Case in point Sire Denathrius and Nathanos Blightcaller (Even if it was massively unfounded that he should treat godslayers with more not he's on their belt than him with such snark)
    Corporate wishes everyone a happy new year

Definitely glad they're not killing him off, although I do wish we'd have spent more time working *WITH* him.

I kind of wonder, with their mention of working with a naaru, if they're setting up the idea of him being brainwashed into a Light-based zealot? Kind of seems like that's the direction Blizzard has been looking at lately, where "the Light" is actually antagonistic. Which... I really, REALLY hope they don't, as FFXIV's Shadowbringers already did the same thing, and did so exceedingly well. I worry it would feel less interesting in Blizzard's hands, but given the Draenor-timeline has Y'rel and a converted Garrosh, it seems almost inevitable.

In a perfect world, though, we might see Denathrius continue operating as a morally-ambiguous sort of character. Not *quite* a villain, but also never quite "on our side". Would be cool if he taught us how to create our own sentient swords, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But we needed space for Draka to shine. Member Draka?
    Ah yes. Good ol' Draka

With her crowning achievements of pooping out Thrall and... Eh... Dying
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I really enjoyed Renethal getting to turn Denathrius' sneering speech at the close of the Revendreth questline back on him while Denathrius is captive and at his mercy at Sinfall. Nice bookends on their shared story.
    "HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING. DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE SO FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM." - Death, Hogfather

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Eternal Ones aren't Titans ++ If the art director Ely Cannon is to be believed:

About Winter Queen:
    Where did you get this quote from?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Any other interesting events or lore come out of the raid?
    The Broker boss Artificer Xy'mox comes out of his fight alive so that could connect to future Broker zone/raid.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    You remember when we raided the Tomb with the Pillars of Creation and just let them here for anyone to steal ?

That's how Denathrius will re-appear
    unapreciated comment.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post
    titan plus plus? lmfao
    Jailer is Titan++, not Denathrius.

Before fight