Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Rescue Jaina from Torghast??

Lore-wise only Alliance players get Jaina out right?

I mean we Horde players Orcs, Trolls and Blood Elves saving her from that place is pretty wierd.
    Zandalari players that serve Talanji makes really 0 sense. And for Blood Elves you can also question them getting her out after her Dalaran bloodbath.
    Forsaken lost their home and city large part was her doing, and Orcs trusted her with Theramore being neutral and they attacked again in Cata.

Maybe it is just me but as a Horde player if one Alliance character deserves hell its Jaina.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about us saving Baine? Or Thrall? Makes 0 sense either as Alliance players.
    It's just cause of gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Stop complaining already and thinking this applies only to Horde players. In BfA, Alliance players were forced to rescue Baine and attend to Saurfang's funeral.

In case you didn't know, Saurfang butchered countless innocents during the First War, so what if you RPed as a Human warrior who lost their parents to him? Would you like that forced cutscene where your PC is attending to his funeral? Why were you not complaining and opening threads back then?

Also, LOL at blaming Jaina for the Forsaken losing Undercity when Sylvanas literally set the stage for that battle to happen and nuked the whole place down. This subforum never ceases to amaze me
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    What about us saving Baine? Or Thrall? Makes 0 sense either as Alliance players.
    Taurens with Baine at the helm are to be considered an unaccessible allied race for the blue team. Thrall is...Thrall , cute how he was all worried about Tyrande while she would put his head on a spike given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post

I mean we Horde players Orcs, Trolls and Blood Elves saving her from that place is pretty wierd.
    Zandalari players that serve Talanji makes really 0 sense. And for Blood Elves you can also question them getting her out after her Dalaran bloodbath.
    Forsaken lost their home and city large part was her doing, and Orcs trusted her with Theramore being neutral and they attacked again in Cata.

Maybe it is just me but as a Horde player if one Alliance character deserves hell its Jaina.
    We are back in "we have to work together to save the world" territory. That place we go to every expansion after a brief "the war totally matters for realz this time" interlude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Stop complaining already and thinking this applies only to Horde players. In BfA, Alliance players were forced to rescue Baine and attend to Saurfang's funeral.

In case you didn't know, Saurfang butchered countless innocents during the First War, so what if you RPed as a Human warrior who lost their parents to him? Would you like that forced cutscene where your PC is attending to his funeral? Why were you not complaining and opening threads back then?

Also, LOL at blaming Jaina for the Forsaken losing Undercity when Sylvanas literally set the stage for that battle to happen and nuked the whole place down. This subforum never ceases to amaze me
    IKR. Sylvanas covers the entire city in plague but that is probably something the Sylvanas apologists don't want to be confronted with.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Hey we had to help save Peacebeef too last expansion.
    As well as Thrall in cata and Vol'jin in pandaland.

Also literally all you accuse Jaina of was instigated by the Horde, the only thing remotely injust was Rastakhan's death but that was due to his own refusal to surrender.
    Frankly the more i think about this the more absurd it becomes, Jaina has a lot more legitimate grievances against the Horde than the other way around.
    Last edited by loras; 2020-12-10 at 12:10 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Forsaken lost their home and city large part was her doing
    Which was a consequence of the horde trying to wipe the night elves off the face of Azeroth.

Formerly known as Arafal

Gameplay-wise, Horde players do save Jaina from Torghast.

Lore-wise ? It's safe to say "Alliance heroes" have to be the ones to do that.

The opposite for Baine.

There is a difference between what players do in order to play the game, and what the lore establish. There are multiple instances where action that could be made by both faction in game (like raids) are assigned to a specific faction lore-wise.

In the case that both Alliance and Horde characters are going in to save the opposite faction, the "greater good" is a good reason to do so. Jaina is still one of the most powerful mage on Azeroth and someone we can't leave behind in a battle against the Jailer. Especially if the Jailer is turning souls in the Maw into his own weapons. What could happen if he managed to break Jaina and convert her to his side ? As a Forsaken, I would rather have her on my side than as an ennemy.

If it's any comfort, not only do I support leaving Jaina in the Maw I'd wholeheartedly support the Alliance not having the quests to bail Baine and Thrall. In fact, much as it'd hurt me to leave those wastes of space honorable exemplars of all that is good in the Horde in hell, I'd give up my own ability to do those quests if it meant that you guys weren't forced to do them either. That's just how self-sacrificing I am.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-12-10 at 12:31 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Technically having Baine alive in the Horde Council is a big nerf, so tactically the Alliance has plenty of reasons to want to free him.
    I think approximately 100% of the Horde members want to see Baine dead, even the most pacific taurens of thunderbluff.

This isn't new. We already crossed this line in the BfA war campaign when Blood Elf players were forced to kill Sunreavers who wanted revenge for their friends Jaina murdered when she decided to ethnically cleanse Dalaran.

Remember ethnic cleansing is bad folks. Unless you're Jaina. Then all you need is a short cutscene where you learn to forgive yourself, and you're all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharivor View Post
    This isn't new. We already crossed this line in the BfA war campaign when Blood Elf players were forced to kill Sunreavers who wanted revenge for their friends Jaina murdered when she decided to ethnically cleanse Dalaran.

Remember ethnic cleansing is bad folks. Unless you're Jaina. Then all you need is a short cutscene where you learn to forgive yourself, and you're all good.
    I don't know what you mean, I had a ball killing Forsaken to free Jaina's brother after having her as a raid boss five minutes earlier. Especially when Baine quipped about how this has to be done because he can't be bothered to bend the bars to the cell.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Alliance players have to save Baine. We presumably will have to save Thrall later.

If we're Night Fae, we have to help Bwonsamdi who is still the high loa of a Horde-allied country and deals with evil people like Hakkar for power. Even if we're not Night Fae, we have to help him save all his troll souls in De Other Side if we want the lootz.

We're back to both factions coming together to fight a common enemy. And I prefer it that way because I don't need to level and gear characters on both factions to see the whole story. Only for covenants, but that can just be done on one character since the quest to switch back only takes like 20 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its pretty simple - we resque jaina today so we can betray her and make her suffer tommorow. Galaxy brain level of just as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its pretty simple - we resque jaina today so we can betray her and make her suffer tommorow. Galaxy brain level of just as planned.

The ride never ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

This is the one Varodoc take I'll agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    If it's any comfort, not only do I support leaving Jaina in the Maw I'd wholeheartedly support the Alliance not having the quests to bail Baine and Thrall. In fact, much as it'd hurt me to leave those wastes of space honorable exemplars of all that is good in the Horde in hell, I'd give up my own ability to do those quests if it meant that you guys weren't forced to do them either. That's just how self-sacrificing I am.
    And Alliance had to save Vol’Jin before, now we help him become a Loa and i HIGHLY doubt he will be neutral when next war inevitably comes. Same as when we saved Thrall’s soul (by collecting chunks of it) when “angery Thrall” shouted how he will burn Alliance cities to ash and kill us all. And this is part of him, not some “sha phantom”. Save as any time we save a horde character knowing full well that not only they might go ham on us later but ALSO will not suddenly say “oh lets not go further, let them grieve and recover” like Jaina who btw reverted back to factory settings of “peacenik girl”. So...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tharivor View Post

She deserves some slack for letting her father die (arguably if not for her help horde would have never killed him to begin with) and accepring exile and hate from her own nation and family. She got lucky that Alliance Hero stuck around to save her because her Mommy Dearest was so mad that she sentenced her to Hell, literally, throwing her to not so gentle embrace of the Drust.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Same as when we saved Thrall’s soul (by collecting chunks of it) when “angery Thrall” shouted how he will burn Alliance cities to ash and kill us all.
    While that quest was worse for the Alliance for the above reason, I can assure you that the quest was a horrible experience for both sides.

Baine is Alliance too, yet Horde players had to save him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    While that quest was worse for the Alliance for the above reason, I can assure you that the quest was a horrible experience for both sides.
    I am speaking how saving Jaina is far leas jarring then that. Again considering how she was amongst main peacemongers that ended BfA and “saw how wrong she was”.