Poll: How do you feel about Torghast

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I believe they should cut it further to 3 floors (and increase drop-rate of buffs) to make it more fun - and less boring.
    i dont see how that would work
    i already hate the fact we are only doing 6 floors though in endless its 18
    we dont get huge fun power in 6 how would we get it in 3 with increased power drops??

I completely understand if people are really enjoying Torghast, and that's great and I really hope they continue to do so BUT I really dislike it. I've never really been into rouge like games so perhaps it's just not my bag but I do my best to either do it asap on a reset or I just keep putting it off until I force myself to go in.

They just feel like a boring version of dungeons and take far too long imo, especially if you spend 40 odd mins in there to just fail and get nothing from it. I would much prefer it if you only had to run it once but so far I've had to run it 4 + times a week, that's close to 4 hours worth of content I'm having to force myself through rather than enjoying what I want to be doing.

I also got the impression that the abilities would be really interesting and there would be lots of cool combinations you could run, but so far I've found the options I've had have been rather dull.

I always feel bad disliking a system in WoW but Torghast has just really frustrated and stressed me out so much this expansion that I feel I have to vent a bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's fine but it is longer than it needs to be. 6 levels can be a chore depending on the wing you're doing and the level of it. If you are doing it because you feel its mandatory for legendary's, then I think they could shorten it a little or introduce alternatives to getting soul ash. I normally do it solo and level 6 of the Coldheart Interstitia was absolutely brutal for the extra HP it stacks on top of the level increase. It padded it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkster View Post
    I completely understand if people are really enjoying Torghast, and that's great and I really hope they continue to do so BUT I really dislike it. I've never really been into rouge like games so perhaps it's just not my bag but I do my best to either do it asap on a reset or I just keep putting it off until I force myself to go in.

They just feel like a boring version of dungeons and take far too long imo, especially if you spend 40 odd mins in there to just fail and get nothing from it. I would much prefer it if you only had to run it once but so far I've had to run it 4 + times a week, that's close to 4 hours worth of content I'm having to force myself through rather than enjoying what I want to be doing.

I also got the impression that the abilities would be really interesting and there would be lots of cool combinations you could run, but so far I've found the options I've had have been rather dull.

I always feel bad disliking a system in WoW but Torghast has just really frustrated and stressed me out so much this expansion that I feel I have to vent a bit.
    Yes, the current problem with Torghast is that it is way too time consuming, but not rewarding at all.

I only do it if I have to craft a leggo. If we got the tmogs when making them I would do it a lot more, but we will earn them later instead so then making a leggo, which take little effort is the one reason I do it.

I rather idle in the beautiful zones <3

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    The guy who proposed spawning dogs when out of combat wasn't beaten enough as a child
    I wager the chances are he probably was, since it tends to lead to lashing out as you get older. Unresolved issues and such.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Before Shadowlands launch, I heard almost ALL the streamers / Beta testers saying:

- Torghast is Amazing!
    - Torghast is Insanely Fun!
    - I want to do Torghast All day long!

I didn't have any high expectation because I know it is a diablo style instance, which is not my favorite.

After doing it multiple times solo, duo and in group with guild, it is even worse than I expected. And most players I know feels the same. It is a long and boring instance, similar environment and mobs, time consuming but not rewarding, etc.

I have no idea why those streamers ALL thought it is an amazingly fun content. Didn't they know it would be a weekly timegated stuff? Are they too out of touch of the playerbase? or I am?

Thus the poll
    Because it's exactly that, for about one run.

It's not terrible, but it's not the best feature they've added to the game. It's certainly a step in the right direction though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wadrak View Post
    Dude its a new feature, it has lot of promise.

Its not amazing but for now its ok for a first tier. Players can get familiar with it etc.

Over course of the expansion in content patches I bet its gonna improve a lot as time goes on. New difficulties, new layers, new features new bosses, new puzzles, powers etc etc.

Might still be really epic as time goes on.

Just be patient with and realize its just a start.

Its so much better then warfronts, islands, well not sure its better then vissions yet but we will see.
    I can understand it's new and can be improved etc etc.... but then why locking the legos behind a "yet to be polished" feature?

call me grumpy if you like, but I'm not a fan of torghast, just like I wasn't a fan of warfront or island expeditions, but at least I was not forced to do the last 2 because I had other options to get the reward they offered. legos dust only comes from torghast

also, it has already been said but if I was a rogue like fan, I'd play a rogue like game. not an half assed super light version of a rogue like in an mmorpg, where the difficulty goes from simple to double if you chosed to play the "wrong" spec. and it's not just a mini game, runs can take an hour of your playing session. and that being said, once again, legos are linked to that shit, and every spec wants them, not just the "good" one....

so yeah, "it's just a start", but the game is out and the feature still a "work in progress" when everybody need to make runs to get/upgrade his lego.... "world of betacraft".

players who like torghast can have hope about new powers, layers and stuff, but for players like me who don't log into an mmo to do an hour long session of a rogue like game, the best improvement would be to make the dust drop from other content too as I already know new powers or layers are not going to make me like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    I can understand it's new and can be improved etc etc.... but then why locking the legos behind a "yet to be polished" feature?

call me grumpy if you like, but I'm not a fan of torghast, just like I wasn't a fan of warfront or island expeditions, but at least I was not forced to do the last 2 because I had other options to get the reward they offered. legos dust only comes from torghast

also, it has already been said but if I was a rogue like fan, I'd play a rogue like game. not an half assed super light version of a rogue like in an mmorpg, where the difficulty goes from simple to double if you chosed to play the "wrong" spec. and it's not just a mini game, runs can take an hour of your playing session. and that being said, once again, legos are linked to that shit, and every spec wants them, not just the "good" one....

so yeah, "it's just a start", but the game is out and the feature still a "work in progress" when everybody need to make runs to get/upgrade his lego.... "world of betacraft".

players who like torghast can have hope about new powers, layers and stuff, but for players like me who don't log into an mmo to do an hour long session of a rogue like game, the best improvement would be to make the dust drop from other content too as I already know new powers or layers are not going to make me like it.
    You just have to do for a few weeks and then you never have to set a foot in it again. Every class has a BiS Leggo.

MANY people like Thorgast. If they hav to remove everything some people don't like but it is required the game would be quite boring. No Leveling for example.

Different people enjoy different things, I guess many of the big streamers just enjoy that kind of gameplay.

Its not my cup of tea but I can just do the bare minimum and ignore it after that

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    i dont see how that would work
    i already hate the fact we are only doing 6 floors though in endless its 18
    we dont get huge fun power in 6 how would we get it in 3 with increased power drops??
    The idea was to double the amount of power drops so you get the same power in the end.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish they had puzzles or secrets or something along the way. If you play a slow class and don't get any mobility power, it's a lot of jogging and inspecting grey corridors.

Kill pack > inspect corridors > kill pack > inspect some more corridors.

I like Torghast but it strikes me as bland? Also what is with the Peppy Runecarver transmissions? They make no sense. "You are being hunted" spam every 5 minutes, okay then.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting actual rewards from doing it would make it a hell of a lot more fun to do.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

15+ Year Old Account
    I loved it on beta and hate it on release

If the idiot WOW pundits got one thing right, they got Torghast right. Its innovative, epically thematic, dynamic, challenging as you progress and fun. Torghast is arguably one of the best new xpac features we've seen in years.

I love it, and I consider the fun is the reward. Every run is different due to the powers you get. In beta I enjoyed specially torghast the 18Th layers tower that will be unlocked soon. The powers you have by the final layer are a lot and you become a killing machine

- - - Updated - - -

You don't get enough powers in just to floor before the third floor with the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    If the idiot WOW pundits got one thing right, they got Torghast right. Its innovative, epically thematic, dynamic, challenging as you progress and fun. Torghast is arguably one of the best new xpac features we've seen in years.
    I just want them to not overdo it. I mean not overdo it ON ME, who didn't sign up for this when i started to play WoW. I go there reluctantly for quests (even to get there is a pain in the ass), where I usually get OP powers and weak enemies, I even have some fun. BUT! BUT! For me to go there on my own? For the challenge and fun? (That acutally mostly everyone tries to ease for themselves with tanking or being hunter or means like that ) Nah, no thank you.
    And yeah, some streamers oversold it. Because there was no other content to make I think.

Shit couldn't be any more boring right now.

Runs end before you could ever get any somewhat interesting build going... wait, there are no interesting build for like 3/4 of the specs. My fucking Blood DK can only get so excited by... I don't even fucking know what the big awesome build is supposed to be. Even on my Paladin the 'coolest' thing to look forward to is basically no CD Divine Toll - which is gonna get pretty fucking old after one run. Every other power after this is some random fucking X more dmg bullshit. It's not much better on my Druid where they're desperately trying to make the Root playstyle work.... and that's pretty much all they offer... Roots and spam more dots on shit.

Like, this place could actually not be any more boring. Powers are boring as fuck, layouts are always the same, the fucking pathetic 'riddles' are... fucking pathetic, the mobs in there are still pretty much all 99% braindead autohit mobs with the odd deadly oneshot cast mob in between, the shop is a fucking joke, the constant looting of everything is annoying as fuck, the circumstance that there's only like 2 rescue dudes per covenant and that they're all asking you to do the same fucking thing.... and in the end you're not even getting a cool character build going because all of these powers are lazy ass boring as shit.

'Endless mode' won't safe this, 2 more years of actual development might.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally love it. It's not perfect but I like where it landed.

As a rogue, i love it so much. It's challenging, variable and every run gives me a lot of emotions