216 27.24%
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    I'm still waiting on that list.
    What list?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    I don't like it, at all. If soul ash or whatever other important currency/item wasn't there I would never go back to it. It's tedious as all fucking hell.
    It is same here. I don't know any of my guildies who thinks Torghast is fun.

Worse than Visions and Islands, easily.

Might be somewhat enjoyable in 2 years from now, you know, once it's been given actual proper development time. Luckily though, at that point it'll be put in the bin and be replaced by next expansion's new shitty and unfinished stupid ass grindy slugfest nonsense system designed by people who haven't actually played a game in their entire lives.

The only friend I play with who really liked Torghast is someone who refuses to play any other video games except WoW. I think someone who doesn't realize how much more complex real roguelikes are can let a lot of the bad design here pass.

The main thing I see with Torghast is the main thing I see with this entire expansion: Addiction hooks, not fun design.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Torghast is a prime example of "FUN DETECTED!"

My list of changes after playing this boring expansion feature:

- Mobs should not scale from floor to floor, it makes no sense. You want to start slow and ramp up. Right now, with okay powers, it evens out so floor 5 is around floor 1 at speed
    - lower floors should have less rooms than higher floors
    - more non-linearity
    - Anima power needs a rating and pity-timer. Going up to floor 6 without any good powers ... /yikes
    - full run with correct ilvl should be balanced around 30mins, not like 1+ hours ... FFS even M+ is < 30mins!
    - anima currency as reward for a floor
    - have an ilvl requirement or suggestion for layers to signal players they won't have fun in there with their undergeared toon
    - actually invent some fun anima powers that buff certain skills on casters/healers because compared to tanks and melees they are abyssmal
    - playtest the whole thing so you realize that a door boss with a channel heal can't be killed by a class spec that has no interrupt. Luckily I had the fear talent to 30 sec as a priest to interrupt the channel heal on around 15sec cooldown. Still, every 2nd heal went through so the door boss took a long time. Just painful to watch and play.

I could go on I guess but that's my most important points. I didn't believe any streamers/tubers that Torghast is fun until I played it myself. As it stands, Torghast can be some fun for certain classes/specs but the overall experience is not great. It's not challenging whatsoever. Maybe it's challenging when you're totally new to the game and have to figure out how to pull or AoE around a corner. Hardly high level gameplay.

It's already starting to feel tedious. +7 is tough, so I imagine +8 is even worse. But luckily after this week, it's only 2 runs per week for max soulash. If youre not playing alts or alt specs, then it will end up being an hour a week of chores. And after a while, unless they raise the level of the legendaries, you wont have to do it at all, since it will cap.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Guessing you are not a collector either, which makes me question WHY do you want this if you dont care about it... torghast has like 8-9 pets already.
    This list. Even a well respected tuber commented that they need more xmogs aside from Twisting today. That isn't really the point, even though it kind of is. But mainly, waiting for that list.

The person calling me out as "not a collector" left out other things I said should be added. Only pointed out me not knowing that there are "8-9" pets already. I honestly just want the list so I can add it to the things I am trying to collect.
    Last edited by Gratz; 2020-12-19 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    I'm gonna say doing literally nothing is better than Visions in many ways, so I think it cleared that bar for me.

A lot of the criticism of Torghast beyond what I laid out seems to be "Ugh, it's just an instance where you KILL THINGS but sometimes you get powers that make you STRONGER. OCCASIONALLY you will CC things and then you'll need to fight a BOSS Sometimes there's STUFF ON THE GROUND and ADDS. How pedestrian." and just...that's literally fucking MMO content! I don't know if the same people complaining about the base concept are the target audience anymore.
    They really aren't. And honestly, frick them. The only thing I can get behind is removing the ties to the legendary and instead add other rewards. Otherwise, it's not meant for everyone and that's good.

My biggest concern at this moment is that I hear everyone saying that they think it is easy.
    Yet for me it is like hit or miss when I step into a floor.
    Either I get a bad combination of powers and boss, or I get a good one.
    Getting a bad combo means I just cannot kill the boss, at all, and I have just wasted 45-60 minutes of my time for getting nothing.
    Getting a good combo means killing the boss in under a minute.
    There seems to be no in between.

I think if you would get some reward every floor it would be better. Or get a part if you decide to skip the end boss.
    I also think it would help if the powers you get are less random in overall power.

I do not mind if it is difficult, but not being able to kill a boss at all (like getting it to 30% max) just does not feel right.

When I was watching streamers doing torghast most of them had 'fun' abilities, intended or not since then, all i get is crap abilities that are no fun, don't change my play style, or give me a different new ability

Quote Originally Posted by Saysis View Post
    My biggest concern at this moment is that I hear everyone saying that they think it is easy.
    Getting a bad combo means I just cannot kill the boss, at all, and I have just wasted 45-60 minutes of my time for getting nothing.

I think if you would get some reward every floor it would be better. Or get a part if you decide to skip the end boss.
    I also think it would help if the powers you get are less random in overall power.

I do not mind if it is difficult, but not being able to kill a boss at all (like getting it to 30% max) just does not feel right.
    After the nerf? What the frick are you doing? My friends and I steamrolled through layer 8 after the nerf, it's much too easy now, but I understand the change because of people like you.
    Don't let min-maxers ruin Shadowlands for us! Rise up, fellow casuals!

On layer 8 as a rogue I burst the boss to 40% health and then I have to kite, blind and all that stuff to get my cooldowns back. It's fine how it is. The real issue is, people do not even try.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Before Shadowlands launch, I heard almost ALL the streamers / Beta testers saying:

- Torghast is Amazing!
    - Torghast is Insanely Fun!
    - I want to do Torghast All day long!

I didn't have any high expectation because I know it is a diablo style instance, which is not my favorite.

After doing it multiple times solo, duo and in group with guild, it is even worse than I expected. And most players I know feels the same. It is a long and boring instance, similar environment and mobs, time consuming but not rewarding, etc.

I have no idea why those streamers ALL thought it is an amazingly fun content. Didn't they know it would be a weekly timegated stuff? Are they too out of touch of the playerbase? or I am?

Thus the poll
    You're out of touch with the playerbase, it's pretty obvious from multiple complaint posts you've made.

Torghast is at worst okay. It will change over the expansion, not only with the seasons changing the content, but I'll be surprised if they don't keep adding levels to it (esp. as 8 is now allegedly only as hard as 6 was, according to Blizzard), and probably other content too.

I find with at least one other player, it's a lot of fun myself. Solo, it's still about as fun as some other Roguelikes. Anyway, it's basically fun if you like Roguelikes, or play with others. It needs more added to it, but that's exactly what they plan to do, so I expect it will happen.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say try after the most recent patch, because this sounds like before - but even without that, if you're really hating the RNG resulting in "bad combos" (I have yet to personally find a combo so bad it was the problem - though I'm sure it could happen), just group with at least one other player. The chances of both of you getting screwed by RNG are much smaller, and each player you add, the chances go down further. Even if you're really badly impacted and say, only operating at 50% of what you could be, then the other guy may well be operating at 150% of what he could be, and so on. Even if you're both only at say, 80%, then it's still likely to go a lot better simply because you can pull of a lot of stuff that requires two people - mobs get more health with two, but they don't get, for example, to cast faster - so with two you can chain-interrupt stuff that would simply be impossible with one. You can also kite, tank and heal, and so on in ways not viable with one player.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Streamers and testers liked Islands in beta too. I basically don't trust what those people say.

For me its all about the fact that the rewards are just garbage. Its a huge time waste.

ANOTHER? Thread about this?

This was already discussed on Allcraft.

They said it was awesome because it was TOTALLY different on Beta and it got changed later.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Before Shadowlands launch, I heard almost ALL the streamers / Beta testers saying:

- Torghast is Amazing!
    - Torghast is Insanely Fun!
    - I want to do Torghast All day long!

I didn't have any high expectation because I know it is a diablo style instance, which is not my favorite.

After doing it multiple times solo, duo and in group with guild, it is even worse than I expected. And most players I know feels the same. It is a long and boring instance, similar environment and mobs, time consuming but not rewarding, etc.

I have no idea why those streamers ALL thought it is an amazingly fun content. Didn't they know it would be a weekly timegated stuff? Are they too out of touch of the playerbase? or I am?

Thus the poll
    The bigger picture behind it is that it is an artificial difficulty system with a random element that appeals to peoples inherent nature of getting excited when they can pick something exciting. Most people will pick 10 dull things and know the likelihood of things being dull but if they pick one exciting thing it makes up for the other 10 dull things. The reward is minimal also and serves to be nothing more than a minor ego booster as you overcome artificial difficulties in order to prove you can do it.

In the future they will just add more levels and more difficulties with more exciting things to pick because that inherently is what people seem to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    The bigger picture behind it is that it is an artificial difficulty system with a random element that appeals to peoples inherent nature of getting excited when they can pick something exciting. Most people will pick 10 dull things and know the likelihood of things being dull but if they pick one exciting thing it makes up for the other 10 dull things. The reward is minimal also and serves to be nothing more than a minor ego booster as you overcome artificial difficulties in order to prove you can do it.

In the future they will just add more levels and more difficulties with more exciting things to pick because that inherently is what people seem to enjoy.

I think this is the major flaw with Torghast atm. There are so many useless abilities that you can easily get F'd by pure RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    I think this is the major flaw with Torghast atm. There are so many useless abilities that you can easily get F'd by pure RNG.
    Some of them are non-sensical, most are beneficial but overall it's just odd. Like wanting to use abilities you rarely use... oh boy, how exciting. *snore*

I could understand if the difficulty rewarded something beneficial or crucial but it's just a time thing on legendaries and then what? You make your raiding lego, M+ lego and your pvp lego... "I must challenge myself and my abilities... to get no real worthwhile benefit out of jerking myself off".

So tedious and dull.

Tl;dr it was a cosmetic only unlimited instance with no power cap.

Now it’s a mandatory legendary material farm that’s time gated with no cosmetics, only so they can force usage of the feature and obtain higher mau, with the addition of being able to drop in the unlimited version (south 3 wings, already in game just portals deliberately remove) as new unlimited farm content in 9.3 to hold onto subs