Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    And I’d say rather there’s a narrative purpose is dateable as the show has a clear trauma/PTSD theme and shows us two different trauma responses with Obiwan having a panic attack and Vader heavily suppressing parts of him self so adding a “the fire works are mortars” triggering would be fitting.
    Her actually being stabbed doesn't show any additional trauma though. Seeing your friends killed and hiding under their bodies is enough to convey that. There is also a scene where Reva touches her side in episode 3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDCK57YJCrk

We have some comments by the script writer for the Obi-wan movie that also had her attacked. While that script was changed when the movie was changed into a series it still carries a lot of the same themes. https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2022...-kill-her.html

“She didn’t know Darth Vader was Anakin. Cause I was like, ‘How’d she know that?’ All she saw was Anakin as Anakin because he hadn’t changed in the suit yet, right? So Anakin killed her friends, put the scar on her, almost killed her, left her for dead, basically… [I thought] ‘What if she saw everything that went down? What if Anakin/Vader killed her, left her for dead and sent her on this path?'”
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Her actually being stabbed doesn't show any additional trauma though. Seeing your friends killed and hiding under their bodies is enough to convey that. There is also a scene where Reva touches her side in episode 3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDCK57YJCrk
    . It would be about showing a different Trauma response not extra Trauma, just like going back to the firework examples soldiers didn’t have to get hit by mortars then selfs to still have flash backs to the sound of them.

lWe have some comments by the script writer for the Obi-wan movie that also had her attacked. While that script was changed when the movie was changed into a series it still carries a lot of the same themes. https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2022...-kill-her.html

“She didn’t know Darth Vader was Anakin. Cause I was like, ‘How’d she know that?’ All she saw was Anakin as Anakin because he hadn’t changed in the suit yet, right? So Anakin killed her friends, put the scar on her, almost killed her, left her for dead, basically… [I thought] ‘What if she saw everything that went down? What if Anakin/Vader killed her, left her for dead and sent her on this path?'”
    And thank you, this is the kind of thing I was wondering about some one actually talking about it in some way.

And ya it’s different due to it being a movie but just them having the idea of it being an actual wound is good enough.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Oh who cares?! It's just a tax writeoff with Disney now. Like Steven Seagal writing, directing and producing his 50th utter shit movie in Romania, that no one even hears of.

Bob Iger and Kathleen Kennedy are Steven Seagal.
    That's a insult to Steven Seagal
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    https://boundingintocomics.com/2023/...ason-3-finale/

3rd fewer viewers than Mandalorian season 3. Believe all the Disney spin you wish, and you do, it did not perform well.
    The fact that Bo-Katanalorian season 3 ended poorly does not surprise me at all

5+ Year Old Account
    Following the news that Ahsoka Season 2 is in development (mentioned in the announcement of the upcoming The Mandalorian & Grogu film) for Disney+, Lucasfilm revealed today a new sketch from series creator Dave Filoni.

Ahsoka Tano used to wield a green lightsaber. That green lightsaber came up with a non-standard reverse grip. Anakin Skywalker instilled his best training to Ahsoka. She honed her skills and crafted a green-bladed lightsaber with a shoto-style, short blade.

The newer weapon bolstered the primary weapon. Ahsoka used this pair of new lightsabers during her stint with the uprising. Anakin offered the new edition in the armory as a gift to Ahsoka, and that gift became an inseparable part of Ahsoka’s personality.

5+ Year Old Account
    i didn't know the fish people (mon calamari) had these supersized ships...

VISCOUNT STAR DEFENDER: Full Breakdown & Render | Star Wars Legends Lore

EckhartsLadder
    Nov 11, 2018

We breakdown the Viscount Star Defender -- the New Republic's greatest capital ship, the largest Mon Calamari Cruiser, and one of the best dreadnoughts in Star Wars Legends. Model by of EC Henry.

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2024-01-22 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    i didn't know the fish people (mon calamari) had these supersized ships...

I doubt they'd fly like that though..
    They were basically skyscrapers on their homeworld that they repurposed for the war(s).

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteady 87 View Post
    They were basically skyscrapers on their homeworld that they repurposed for the war(s).
    yeah, saw that in this video, they left the planet when the empire demaded they bend the knee

- - - Updated - - -

seems that in Mandalorian s02e03, din djarin is on a moon that orbits the large gas giant, we haven't actually seen mon calamari outside of animation?

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SIST9t72kY

https://www.starwars.com/news/tales-...empire-trailer

A new short coming on May 4th will give some back story to Morgan Elsbeth. It involves Thrawn in her back story as well. It would have been better to have it prior to the show but hopefully Tales of the Empire is something they expand upon.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2024-04-04 at 07:05 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."