Poll: Did Sylvanas deserve to be sent to the Maw?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    So many Sylvanas Simps in here, she deserved it. She is the worst of all characters. Always has been.

Infracted.
    I know you're banned but I'm sure you'll still see this and might reply later.
    There are way way worse characters than her that have done much more horrid things, and none of them end up in the Maw. It's clear she was sent there through other means.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    I've been thinking about this actually. I'm wondering if this expansion will end the Lich King institution for good, along with the Jailer. Seems like it's the only way the Death Knights and co. can be truly free.

(...)

They're emphasizing Anduin's importance at the cost of other characters.
    This is what they've been doing since Legion at least. They've already thrown big names under the bus such as Vol'jin, Genn or even Varian just to prop their Golden Boi up.

As for DKs, I don't know if setting a bunch of sadistic freaks completely free is actually a good idea. Unless that part has already been retconned as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    True, we also need some writers who like the Horde, and don't keep putting Anduin/Jaina everywhere
    this this this

I want to know where the hell is Rommath, Halduron, Thura, Vol'jin's son, Gar'thok, and Nazgrel. And we need to put Eitrigg into more spotlights
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

If Kel'thuzad got sent to Maldraxxus then there's no reason Sylvanas would be sent to the Maw.

Sylvanas schemed and plotted and eventually ordered an attack on all the living. And she did so willingly and fully in control of herself.

She deserves the Maw indeed. No denying.

At least Arthas, Nerzhul, Kil'jaeden and others had excuses as they were corrupted or deceived. Not Sylvanas. She is on par with Gul'dan in terms of evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I know you're banned but I'm sure you'll still see this and might reply later.
    There are way way worse characters than her that have done much more horrid things, and none of them end up in the Maw. It's clear she was sent there through other means.
    Don't forget the one shadowlands nonsense. Someone may have destroyed their world but if every other version of them was a good person then do all the good versions deserve to suffer because of the one? Maybe just all versions of her are assholes?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    If Kel'thuzad got sent to Maldraxxus then there's no reason Sylvanas would be sent to the Maw.
    Kel'thuzad isn't truly "dead" he still has his phylactery
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Don't forget the one shadowlands nonsense. Someone may have destroyed their world but if every other version of them was a good person then do all the good versions deserve to suffer because of the one? Maybe just all versions of her are assholes?
    Until that's actually in game I'm not counting it as canon. It was too silly and only was talked about in one interview.

5+ Year Old Account
    I still don't understand how did Sylvie end in the Maw in the first place. If I recall correctly, the "machine of death" broke sometime during Legion, after the EN raid, which implies that it was working correctly by the time Sylvie yeeted herself off the ICC ramparts. Shouldn't she have gone to the likes of Revendreth, or even Maldraxxus?

Nope she w as sent there dye to the connection igvshaodwourne

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Good ol Stroggylos View Post
    Nope she w as sent there dye to the connection igvshaodwourne
    Uther was also killed by Frostmourne, yet he ended in Bastion like npnp.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I still don't understand how did Sylvie end in the Maw in the first place. If I recall correctly, the "machine of death" broke sometime during Legion, after the EN raid, which implies that it was working correctly by the time Sylvie yeeted herself off the ICC ramparts. Shouldn't she have gone to the likes of Revendreth, or even Maldraxxus?
    We see in Uther's cinematic a soul can be dropped into the Maw. The likely answer is she was picked up by a Mawsworn Kyrian and brought to the Jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    i did answer your question.
    blizzard writers are bad so they need to be punished. ("sent to the maw" as the one person said)
    Are you advocating that the writers should be killed and suffer eternal punishment in hell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think anyone in this thread is seriously advocating that the writers be killed, so let's pivot away from this kind of talk and return to the actual topic of the thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the bar for Maw seems to be too high. There is no true punishment for villainry, just hubris. If some of our villains can evade it when they've done less good than Sylvanas has done during her entire existence, she was probably not meant for such a fate.

They'll likely reveal her descent was due to the Jailer scheming the perfect pawn after the fuck up with Arthas. And her big brain move will be that she's actually Illidan playing for and against the Burning Legion.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

At this point sylvanas flipping between the starscream, illidan or kerrigan trope. And boy do i hope its the starscream.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Are you advocating that the writers should be killed and suffer eternal punishment in hell?
    i want them fired.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Well, three solutions.
    Obvious one : Same as Arthas, she skipped the Arbiter's judgment
    "Why not" one : Souls claimed by a weapon forged within the Maw are doomed to reach the Jailer. Would make sense in WoW cosmology, where if someone is too much tainted by a cosmic force (such as Light/Fel), upon death, their soul automatically goes to their plane instead of Shadowlands. And the Maw might very well be Death's original cosmic plane and the Shadowlands were built around it.
    Way-too-complex one : The Arbiter judges one's life. Shadowlands are timeless. In the case of Sylvanas, maybe the Arbiter has seen Sylvanas past, present... and future, including what we see now and potentially what she does next. So Sylvanas might be stuck in a loop she can't get out of (she's sent to the Maw because of atrocities she has not done yet, which leads her to do said atrocities).

I'm not sure if I'd prefer option three, but at least it would get us out of the obvious "Jailer has seen Sylvanas' potential and decided to hijack her soul".

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    We see in Uther's cinematic a soul can be dropped into the Maw. The likely answer is she was picked up by a Mawsworn Kyrian and brought to the Jailer.
    Yes, this is the most likely. It could be Val'kyr themselves though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    i am going to agree with this.
    they also make tons of money so people better not use the "think of the families."
    they would be fine and probably would get another job pretty fast.
    Your mom called, said you need to clear your basement and find a job.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-01-15 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Received Infraction