Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Blood elves should not be able to be warriors

It doesn't make sense thematically.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    it was a cool little twist that they couldn't pre cata but, like, cmon if gnomes can be warriors then so can basically anything

I have something better.

Blood Elves should not be a race.

Blood elves are literally just humans with longer ears, so No, it makes perfect sense. Especially when ugly gremlins like the goblin and gnomes can be Warriors too.

In fact I would say that the Thalassian elves, ironically, look CLOSER to irl humans than the actual humans. Irl, it's way more normal to encounter a human with a lean body build like the elves', than the massive body build that the Stormwind or Kul Tiran humans have. Those people look on steroids.

So I never understood why Blizzard thought it didn't make sense for Thalassian elves to be Warriors, since they are not frail or anything. As I said, they look like irl athletic humans with a lean but well-built body. They don't look skinny or scrawny at all.

And of course all of this can be said for the Ren'dorei too, as they are Void-infused Blood elves.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-01-04 at 06:17 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Blood Elves could always be Paladins and Death Knights, why would Warrior be off the table from a lore sense?
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-01-04 at 05:12 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I have something better.

All the high elf lovers would love to have a word with you. As blood elves are literally high elves.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    All the high elf lovers would love to have a word with you. As blood elves are literally high elves.
    Thats fine. High elves should not be a race either.

Blood elves are the single worst thing ever put into the game.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    A warrior is, litterally, just a strong angry guy with a sword. E V E R Y O N E can be that, even gnomes....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Elaborate on that

Thats fine. High elves should not be a race either.

Blood elves are the single worst thing ever put into the game.
    Out of genuine curiosity, why? High elves (blood elves) have been in the game since at least tides of darkness warcraft 2

anyone can be a warrior. they arent that special.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    You are kidding right?
    When Blood Elves first came out, people were complaining that they couldn't be Warriors cuz up till that point, EVERY race could Warriors so it felt wrong for it not to be available to the Blood Elves. Then, finally, in Cata Blizzard was the class available to them and now you wanna take it away?
    Why do people complain about Blizzard listening and giving them what they wanted?
    If you didn't make the complaint back then, then don't bother whining now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anastarian was a warrior and he was the king of Belves at some point. I get that people still can't get over Bloodelves being in the game and the most popular race after 15 years in WoW but this is kind of silly.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

No, why?
    Doesn't take much to be a warrior you basically get angry and smash stuff with anything happens to be in your hands , but not warglaives, it takes thinking to avoid sticking the pointy parts in you eyes and as a warrior that's a no-no.
    Basically we're the palas that didn't make it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior is the most basic bitch class in this game. Obviously anyone can be it, including silly elves.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    If that were true there would never have been the thousands of threads asking for High Elves to be given to Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    A warrior is, litterally, just a strong angry guy with a sword. E V E R Y O N E can be that, even gnomes....
    Excuse me! Or a strong angry gal with a sword.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have something better.

They are more like gods I know right /hairflip

I liked that they used to be the only race that couldn't be warrior pre-Cata which made them more unique. Blood/high elves were always known for their magic, Light-based skills and archery and I don't think they should have been good at everything. Being a warrior would mean to be a lot more rugged and tough which isn't fitting for a blood elf. An argument can be made that they had warrior units in WC3, but they were their weakest units.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    If that were true there would never have been the thousands of threads asking for High Elves to be given to Alliance.
    Just jelly since 2007, cus they are red and not blue. old story move on.

OT it was a nice twist in bc, but they couldn't stay behind. Like some one said Gnomes can be warriors.. I mean point made.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I liked that they used to be the only race that couldn't be warrior pre-Cata which made them more unique. Blood/high elves were always known for their magic, Light-based skills and archery and I don't think they should have been good at everything. Being a warrior would mean to be a lot more rugged and tough which isn't fitting for a blood elf. An argument can be made that they had warrior units in WC3, but they were their weakest units.
    They had spellbreakers and warriors in w3 and ofc they had paladins since their introduction in bc. Like I said it was nice twist, but it realy didn't made much sense to begin with. They tried to make it seem more like a society thing, but in the end they obviously couldn't stay behind with the only race not able to be a warrior. It was dumb in practise realy.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-01-04 at 07:19 PM.