Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Is the Maw the worst thing Blizzard has made?

The Maw is a wasteland containing 4 daily quests. Just to increase the difficulty of doing them, they give you no mount and annoy you with the eye of the jailer things.

Is that supposed to be fun?
    In Legion we had Suramar, one of the best things Blizzard has ever done. Shadowland's version of Suramar is The Maw, a tedious wasteland?

This is worse than broken shore. What value is there in this place?
    Last edited by Season2mask; 2020-12-15 at 11:56 PM.

Excuse you, Suramar was great

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Excuse you, Suramar was great
    I know it was?

edited post to make my opinion clearer.

Yes, absolutely. Without a doubt.

It's so bad that I just don't go there anymore on any of my characters. I simply don't care. Fuck the maw.

I enjoy it. Though I think I'd prefer the threat level to raise a bit more slowly. And eventually, we will be able to get a mount for it.

But right now? It's barely the 2nd patch and the Maw is meant to be the biggest danger ever. So limited time, no mount and incredibly hard to navigate? That's okay.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maw = A cave you do some quests in then leave.

Maw is the best thing that happened since Molten Front. A area of daily activities thats unique and opens up more and more as you progress through it.

There is a nice balance of things you should do and things you dont have to do if you want to.

I think they did The Maw really well.

Supposed to be "hell" that you only need to spend 30 mins in and out. It's not gamebreaking deal for me. I like it.

Wouldn't be much of a hell's hell if it didn't suck.

Worst ever? Hyjal raid would like to have a word with you.

Suramar quests did feel so much better than the Maw.

The biggest problem with the Maw is that there's no real reason for us to be there - the story hasn't done a great explanation of why we're going back there daily. Our 'friends' are in Torghast, separate to the Maw. It's also very repetitive, there's a lack of interesting events, or rares, or things changing daily in there.

Suramar was horrid! During the prepatch when I wanted to make a Nightborne alt I had to go back to finish the Suramar quest line because I never finished it. I hadn't even done the "minimum necessary", I just gave up on anything that required me to go to Suramar. Suramar was, without a doubt, the absolute worst zone Blizzard has ever designed. It was a bit more tolerable now with flight, but man what a waste of a zone.

Maw is one of the worst places and feels like they never tested that place when look how badly they done those ressing places and when you can't run back as ghost
    Last edited by vipers; 2020-12-15 at 10:53 PM.

Becasue of the threat level raising, i quite enjoy this type of content that doesnt encourage excesive farming. You go there, do your 2-3 dailys, maybe kill a BIG RARE, or some smaller quest rares on the way, and thats it. And on the weekly content day, you get to do the jailer, and maybe the hunt. I've never skipped a day of it since it released.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumahki View Post
    Suramar was horrid! During the prepatch when I wanted to make a Nightborne alt I had to go back to finish the Suramar quest line because I never finished it. I hadn't even done the "minimum necessary", I just gave up on anything that required me to go to Suramar. Suramar was, without a doubt, the absolute worst zone Blizzard has ever designed. It was a bit more tolerable now with flight, but man what a waste of a zone.
    For so many that was the greatest zone with one of the greatest chain quest ever made. Done it all step by step when it was gated and really enjoyed the ride, the connection with the characters and so on.

It's a place you have to visit once per week for like 10 minutes. Considering this, the maw is incredibly well designed.

I hate doing daily quests. That's my only reason not to be in the maw, design wise the zone is fine, especially once you unlock the fast travel stuff.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-12-15 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    It's a place you have to visit once per week for like 10 minutes. Considering this, the maw is incredibly well designed.
    More like every day to do daily quest if want to get rep up

Quote Originally Posted by TheAld View Post
    The biggest problem with the Maw is that there's no real reason for us to be there - the story hasn't done a great explanation of why we're going back there daily. Our 'friends' are in Torghast, separate to the Maw. It's also very repetitive, there's a lack of interesting events, or rares, or things changing daily in there.
    This is basically because there's no story-based impetus for us to Maw-dive. We're not being pushed there by our faction to get resources or claim land etc. Our character does it mostly for the fun of it, and to help out Venari. In return she helps us with Torghast, where there is story impetus for us to enter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    More like every day to do daily quest if want to get rep up
    That's your decision. There's nothing in the maw that's forced upon you.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least there's no Flappy Bird in the Maw. Can't say the same about Bastion.

Nah.

The Garrison, says hello. I'm ignoring the Maw most days of the week. Mostly waiting until I get the mount thingy. ^_^